Make a donation

Author Topic: BBS WHEELS NOW REFURBED  (Read 1655 times)

Offline gazon69

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 34
BBS WHEELS NOW REFURBED
« on: May 29, 2011, 03:41:03 pm »
Hi guys, Just a quick thread as to how i refurbed my bbs splits which i purchased off of one of the members on here. The wheels were in quite a sorry state as you can see from the pics with quite a bit of white worm on the inners. The outer lip had been painted and looked horrible so decided to split them down and go ahead with the refurb.         /2ca6b519.jpg[/IMG]     This is how the wheels looked when i purchased them.           As you can see from the pics the white worming process had well and truly kicked in and that was one of the good ones.                              The first stage of the lip polishing process                   As you can see there is a massive difference between the polished lip and the painted one. For me it looks far better than painted.               Here we have one which has been cleaned up and primed ready for top coat. I decided to paint the  inners gloss black so that the outer would look more prominent.                                The centres back from the powder coaters.                And here we have the finished product back together, Torqued and lock sealed bolts. Just waiting for my tyre man to open back up and they will be on the car. I will post some more pics up when they are on the car. P.s i dont know if this is allowed in this section, sorry. lol

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
Re: BBS WHEELS NOW REFURBED
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 03:57:05 pm »
You've done a good job there!  :happy2:

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Saint Steve

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 07:47:17 pm »
2nd that^^^^

What Audi have you got?  :chicken:

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 08:05:08 pm »
excellent job, may i ask as to what tools you used for the polishing job?  :happy2:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline gazon69

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 09:52:48 pm »
not got an Audi buddy there going on the golf. As for the polishing, I bought a professional buffer off of eBay some years back now, which came from a proper machine shop, just trawling through it and thought hey that may come in handy lol. sure enough it has as I have done a few sets of my own wheels now

GTIStevie

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 07:10:40 am »
Wheels look good :happy2:

Now where that courier with my wheels :signLOL:

Offline gazon69

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 08:13:10 am »
ha ha. don't worry Steve they'll be with you either weds or thurs. cheers buddy. and thanks for being patient.

GTIStevie

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 08:51:56 am »
No worries, it's worth the wait. :happy2: