Make a donation

Author Topic: RCD500 code card wrong!  (Read 1065 times)

h4rdy

RCD500 code card wrong!
« on: May 31, 2011, 12:11:15 pm »
I just tried to fit an RCD500, which was originally in my car, back in.

I tried the code on the card supplied by VW but it does not match up.

Trawling through the paperwork I found that it was replaced under warranty by VW but on calling them they said I needed to go to VW to get it coded.

My car is out of warranty so it will cost me money.

It is their fault they didn't change the card :fighting:

Is there any way of capturing this code from the unit as at the moment its Bantha Fodder! :nerd:

And I don't have the time/patience/energy to deal with the  :chicken: at VW Stealers!

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
Re: RCD500 code card wrong!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 01:40:46 pm »
At the time of replacement, if the car was in warranty, the dealer should have supplied the code. As long as this is the case, they can't refuse to give you the code, and I don't see how they can justify charging you. If you bought a new one, they would have to supply you with the code. It's no different if it's a warranty replacement.

Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

h4rdy

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 05:04:14 pm »
Just sent Stafford VW a 'sh*togram' so see how it goes but like I said its 'Banther Fodder' :nerd: at the moment :signLOL:

Offline Phathead

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
  • VAG Nut
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 01:07:03 pm »
This is a 10 minute job at the dealers.....5051b, guided functions, radio, pin code.....barter with them for a decent price!!!