Make a donation

Author Topic: Joes GT Sport  (Read 181880 times)

Offline JoeDarKa

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
Re: Joes GT Sport
« Reply #480 on: October 21, 2013, 10:31:41 pm »
That looks a better fit

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline Aiidddr

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #481 on: October 21, 2013, 11:54:33 pm »
Cheers for that mate, just ordered some from here... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271012333099
Really enjoying this thread too! you've given me some great ideas for my GT :)

Offline Biano44

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 14
  • The CC GT 200
« Reply #482 on: October 22, 2013, 05:24:45 pm »
I've ordered the 10" version of that  enclosure last Friday. Managed to find a JBL sub on eBay for £5.50.
Hopefully I will be spending next Thurs/Friday installing it all. I'll let you know if it's any good f I manage to get it all working!

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
« Reply #483 on: October 22, 2013, 07:56:55 pm »
Bloody good bargain that! I took my entire interior out as it was far easier to get around stuff. Are you upgrading the speakers too?

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #484 on: October 22, 2013, 08:38:00 pm »
I've ordered the 10" version of that  enclosure last Friday. Managed to find a JBL sub on eBay for £5.50.
Hopefully I will be spending next Thurs/Friday installing it all. I'll let you know if it's any good f I manage to get it all working!
look forward to your comments onthe build and fit of the sub box
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 09:55:13 pm by maxitrol »

Offline Aiidddr

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #485 on: October 22, 2013, 09:05:55 pm »
Joe, how did you change the sidelight bulb? I've tried for at least an hour and it doesn't seem to budge at all.  I tried pulling the two wires that lead to the connector but DIY want to pull to hard incase they snapped.

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
« Reply #486 on: October 22, 2013, 09:09:16 pm »
^ with difficulty. I think my brother did it as his hands are smaller than mine. I think he just pulled at it quite hard. Is it a rubber holder?

Offline Biano44

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • The CC GT 200
« Reply #487 on: October 22, 2013, 09:14:01 pm »
Bloody good bargain that! I took my entire interior out as it was far easier to get around stuff. Are you upgrading the speakers too?

Yep, Bit Ten, 5 channel amp, front & rear Hertz, 10" JBL in the enclosure. I want to put my amp under the seat, like yours but I need to find somewhere for the Bit Ten, I'm thinking maybe behind the glovebox or in the dash somewhere.
I've been collecting parts for months, thinking of every detail and every different way of setting it up. Quite frankly I'm sick of thinking about it and can't wait to install it next week.

Offline Biano44

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • The CC GT 200
« Reply #488 on: October 22, 2013, 09:16:03 pm »
Joe, how did you change the sidelight bulb? I've tried for at least an hour and it doesn't seem to budge at all.  I tried pulling the two wires that lead to the connector but DIY want to pull to hard incase they snapped.

It's a bleedin' nightmare......take it to the dealers, apparently they have to change them for free.
When I installed my Xenon's I put the LED sidelights while they were off the car.

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
« Reply #489 on: October 22, 2013, 09:24:52 pm »

Yep, Bit Ten, 5 channel amp, front & rear Hertz, 10" JBL in the enclosure. I want to put my amp under the seat, like yours but I need to find somewhere for the Bit Ten, I'm thinking maybe behind the glovebox or in the dash somewhere.
I've been collecting parts for months, thinking of every detail and every different way of setting it up. Quite frankly I'm sick of thinking about it and can't wait to install it next week.

Does a 5 channel fit under the seat? I got sick of collecting everything too. I think i had some time off work so needed need to rush it

Offline Aiidddr

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #490 on: October 22, 2013, 09:26:38 pm »
^ with difficulty. I think my brother did it as his hands are smaller than mine. I think he just pulled at it quite hard. Is it a rubber holder?

Well from what I can gather, you have two wires leading into a plastic connector that is plugged into the back of the headlight housing. I've looked on various forums and some have pulled the wires but it seems risky to me. Did he use pliers or just bare hands?

Offline Aiidddr

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #491 on: October 22, 2013, 09:29:45 pm »

It's a bleedin' nightmare......take it to the dealers, apparently they have to change them for free.
When I installed my Xenon's I put the LED sidelights while they were off the car.

Well I was contemplating that but I thought you might have to pay for labour. I'll have another good go at it tomorrow, and if it doesn't work I'll take it to the dealership on Friday.  :happy2:

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
« Reply #492 on: October 22, 2013, 09:31:54 pm »

Well from what I can gather, you have two wires leading into a plastic connector that is plugged into the back of the headlight housing. I've looked on various forums and some have pulled the wires but it seems risky to me. Did he use pliers or just bare hands?

I think he grabbed the plastic housing and just pulled

Offline Biano44

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • The CC GT 200
« Reply #493 on: October 23, 2013, 08:52:57 am »

Does a 5 channel fit under the seat? I got sick of collecting everything too. I think i had some time off work so needed need to rush it

Well, not normally I wouldn't imagine but I picked up one of them funky Digital Alpine's that's about the same size as yours.
The problem I have now, is that it's so powerful, I've had trouble finding speakers that can take it.

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
« Reply #494 on: October 23, 2013, 07:46:46 pm »

Well, not normally I wouldn't imagine but I picked up one of them funky Digital Alpine's that's about the same size as yours.
The problem I have now, is that it's so powerful, I've had trouble finding speakers that can take it.

Thats the fun part!