Make a donation

Author Topic: More points!  (Read 1442 times)

Ifti

More points!
« on: June 10, 2011, 05:11:40 pm »
Got 3 points and £60 fine for doing 36 in a 30 - 2 years ago now.

Just received a letter stating I went through a red - it said I was doing 33 in a 40 zone, but the time it was on a red for when I went through was 1 second!
Im expecting another 3 points and £60 fine now, which I think is the standard for a TS10?......

So thats 6 points on my license for the next few years, and some very careful driving to come as well!!   :sad1:

Guess I should just take it and move on rather then going to court etc - I kinda knew it was coming because I did realise I had gone through it, but didnt notice a camera.....  :confused:
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 05:13:37 pm by Ifti »

Offline Hurdy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
Re: More points!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 05:18:13 pm »
I guess if you realised you did it then it is fair enough, but it is when you don't realise you've done it when I guess you'd get worried!

I work shifts and the number of people I see sneaking through in the small hours of the morning when the lights have been on red AS THEY APPROACH THEM! is unbelievable.
Golf R gone.

Ifti

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 05:24:18 pm »
Yeh I kinda knew it was coming. I had a car right up my ass and suddenly lights started to change and I thought I'd get through rather then brake hard and risk the car behind going into me (had my kids in the back as well). I was only doing 33 so maybe I should have just broke now I come to think of it.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 06:16:55 pm »
I think something similar happened to me. Approaching lights. They were green. Mother in passenger seat complaining about how fast I drive (apparently 40mph in a 40mph zone is too fast!  :signLOL: ). Looked at the speedo and slowed down to 30mph. When I glanced up the lights just turned red as I passed the stop line. What was frustrating was that I was in 6th. If I'd been travelling at normal speed, I'd have been fine.

Anyway, it's been a few months and I've not heard anything. I've now told my mother to not talk to me when I'm driving. She really winds me up.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Saint Steve

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 07:21:31 pm »
Have they not offered a drivers awareness course?

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 07:22:49 pm »
pretty sure they only offer the course if you have no points

Ifti

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 08:45:10 pm »
I think the awareness course is for speeding only?
Nevertheless, no course offered  :sad1:

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 09:37:36 pm »
I think the awareness course is for speeding only?
Nevertheless, no course offered  :sad1:

there are various courses depending on the offence, not sure if there's a red light course though :laugh:

Offline SO8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 10:59:40 pm »
There is certainly a red light course in Sussex ... as the instructors on my wife speeding course did them too  :laugh:

Offline VRSerious

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2011, 12:53:34 pm »
Not a lot you can do, when you just realize you have run a red but unlucky with the camera
mkII VRS Octavia in Silver, Shark stage 1,Milotec lower front grill, private plate, EVOMs CAI, LED side and plate lights, de-badged, version D divert valve, BSH catch can, retro fitted parking sensors, cat back ss exhaust, Neuspeed Hi Flo intercooler pipe, S3 consoles/bushes,  Cupra 345mm front brakes + Goodridge braided hose, Bilsten B12