Make a donation

Author Topic: Another knocking question?  (Read 900 times)

Offline johnboy07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
Another knocking question?
« on: May 31, 2011, 07:04:37 pm »
Have looked right through other threads and found similar problems so starting to work my way throught them. My knock occurs as weight shifts front to back. so if the car is sat still and move backwards there is a knock from the front but will only knock again if i then go forwards. Or brake hard and pull away again. i have now changed the front and rear drop links and my next task will be replacing the front arb bushes. What else could it be? top engine mounts? going to sort a list and go through the cheapest options first. could do without this as was intending to buy a ths cooler very soon hoping before the jkm rolling road.
Stage 2+ 280.4 bhp ITG, Revo Stage 2+, decat, hpfp, THS intercooler, THS engine mounts, Pcv revamp, sportline springs, rs4 fuel valve, DS2500 pads and brembo discs, braided lines, ATE super blue brake fluid and more to come

Saint Steve

Re: Another knocking question?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 08:24:46 pm »
have you looked at the subframe bolts John?

There is a fix for a knocking issue posted on here for a knocking noise you describe.

Offline johnboy07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
Re: Another knocking question?
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 09:55:24 am »
yeh ive already done this. think i will order ther powerflex front arb bushes later and try them too. god ive spent some money this week  :signLOL:
Stage 2+ 280.4 bhp ITG, Revo Stage 2+, decat, hpfp, THS intercooler, THS engine mounts, Pcv revamp, sportline springs, rs4 fuel valve, DS2500 pads and brembo discs, braided lines, ATE super blue brake fluid and more to come