Make a donation

Author Topic: Cheap R32 lights from ECS  (Read 7935 times)

Offline dubfordstyling

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: Cheap R32 lights from ECS
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2011, 05:55:47 pm »
Really?  I saw a pic and they looked quite good.  I guess they don't look that great in the flesh then!!  Did you get any pic by any chance?

MPS

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2011, 09:28:19 pm »

MPS

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2011, 09:32:56 pm »
 :P  :grin: :grin:

MPS

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2011, 10:56:30 pm »
I got mine on tuesday morn, fitted them yesterday eve. They look the bizz. Really liking the clear lenses across all four segments, no orange or red lenses. Had a small bit of modding to do to get a power supply to the led's on the side. Didn't know they had side led's so that was a nice surprise, something different I suppose. I ordered amber led's for the indicators but they were too weak, decent amber h6w led's are difficult to come by. You'll probably laugh at this but as a last resort I popped down to a craft shop and painted my existing h6w's with transparent orange paint and you know what, they didn't come out half bad. I gave them too coats, one would have been enough.
A hint too orange but that can be sorted easily again. It's not heat resistant paint but I figured it should be ok as the indicators are rarely on for long periods. Wouldn't chance it with the fog, I'll just buy a red p21w bulb and stick her in. There ya go, bob's your auntie! I took pic's of how to get the led's working, must stick them up. But in fairness its pretty straightforward, just cut two slits into the metal outboard roughly the same size at the connectors for the led's and connect them up. Sorry for the long winded paragraph-less response but i'm on my phone and can't get it to paragraph properly.
Paul

The slits you cut in the outboard, did you choose roughly the same place as where they are on the US spec bulb holders, as they aren't exactly the same shape.

Offline tonto83

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2011, 08:26:27 am »
Yes thats exactly what I did, get in the screwdriver, lift up the outboard a little and snip the metal so you have two slits roughly the same size as the origonal US ones.  Then you can connect your LED wires to them

Offline Jaywoo-GTI

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2011, 08:44:42 am »
Any pics yet?