Make a donation

Author Topic: Onslow-Cole leaves miltek  (Read 8114 times)

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
Re: Onslow-Cole leaves miltek
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2011, 11:20:14 pm »
Could be that as he now had a contract with another team this meant any potential repairs would need to be covered by him, hence not risking the race?

Its quite common for drivers/riders in motorsport not to get paid by the team for driving/riding but to actually pay the team for the seat for the season. Some of these deals include that the drivers pay for any damage they inflict on the car/bike. :happy2:  
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 11:22:06 pm by B3n »

My Flickr    Instagram: Chappers84

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2011, 11:21:27 pm »
he wasnt the only driver to go on slicks all round.  most of the rear runners did and they were the ones figthting hardest at the end.  Look at TomBoardman.  he was 5 seconds a lap faster at the end before being taken out.  a few of the vectras did it as well

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2011, 11:58:29 pm »

he wasnt the only driver to go on slicks all round.  most of the rear runners did and they were the ones figthting hardest at the end.  Look at TomBoardman.  he was 5 seconds a lap faster at the end before being taken out.  a few of the vectras did it as well

.... :confused: Are we talking about the same race 2? IIRC Boardman did so well in race 1.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2011, 11:58:39 pm »
i wander if ToC wasnt getting the money he expected.  Strange that he wasnt on contract either.

Doesnt bode well for AMDMiltek though if theyre out of cash.  looks like Shaun will have to step back in.  That'll save alot of money id imagine

The drivers pays AMD to drive the car, so AMD arent saving money from this.

This thread is amusing at people trying to find ways, and clutching straws whilst doing so to someone make this down to being AMDs fault, or making it sound that AMD are lacking in some way.

People in this thread have already mentioned this, but to make it pretty clear:  In motorsport, only the very top drivers get paid to race, others PAY to race, and some get to do it for free.

Now to make it even clearer, unless you are a top 8 driver in F1, or sebastien Loeb chances are you do not get paid to drive, and more often than not you pay to drive. Its a rich mans sport.

AMD will find a new driver and continue to do a fantastic job as a new team, developing the car as it becomes more competitive.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 12:07:23 am by Poverty »

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2011, 07:15:56 am »
Even in F1 people have to pay for their seats, the Jap drivers are a prime example of that.

If you read the book about Perry McCarthy (The Stig) he struggles to get into F1 as he doesn't have the funding behind him.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2011, 09:52:23 am »
Was a great weekend of racing, what was Matt Neil thinking  :signLOL: :signLOL:

I managed to get an early pit lane walk and had a great laugh watching the Pirtek vauxhall team practicing tyre changes  :congrats:

In the bar after the race, the topic of conversation between all the marshalls was the AMD/TOC split, so variety of opinion and story was mentioned.  All i say is, all the best to both parties for the rest of the season.

mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ht9ufj24pr0oht1ob6qkni496g&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2011, 09:54:30 am »
^^ Did you have your anni parked up near the bridge to knickerbrook?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2011, 09:58:51 am »

In the bar after the race, the topic of conversation between all the marshalls was the AMD/TOC split, so variety of opinion and story was mentioned.  All I say is, all the best to both parties for the rest of the season.

.... x 2

Matt Neil and 'Flash' Gordon were total gentlemen and professionals about their coming together in direct contrast to that spoilt-brat whinger called Plato!

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2011, 10:00:33 am »
^^ Did you have your anni parked up near the bridge to knickerbrook?

Yep, marshall point 18, clay hill, that was me  :happy2:

Unfortunately still with the war wound of the missing valance  :sad1:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ht9ufj24pr0oht1ob6qkni496g&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2011, 10:02:55 am »
And centre caps....  :grin:

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2011, 10:05:28 am »
Wheels just been refurbed so waiting to put the caps back together, few people walked past and noted the lack of caps and valance  :signLOL:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2011, 10:06:36 am »
 :signLOL: [/off topic]

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2011, 05:38:29 pm »

In the bar after the race, the topic of conversation between all the marshalls was the AMD/TOC split, so variety of opinion and story was mentioned.  All I say is, all the best to both parties for the rest of the season.

.... x 2

Matt Neil and 'Flash' Gordon were total gentlemen and professionals about their coming together in direct contrast to that spoilt-brat whinger called Plato!

He speaks well of you Robin...........

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2011, 05:24:35 pm »
Hollamby to race at Croft!

Good luck to him. I think TOC is probably the quicker driver but Shaun should do a good job.  :congrats: