Make a donation

Author Topic: ths mounts fitted!  (Read 2398 times)

Offline johnboy07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
ths mounts fitted!
« on: June 06, 2011, 07:52:13 pm »
And to be totally honest im not so sure if i like them. The noise has increased alot inside the car and the vibrations which i had read up on and expected but it is quite drastic. im hoping they settle in and the noise level reduces. not hada chance to feel whether the engine hop has gone etc as the settings on my revo reset and fitting the ths cooler over the next evening or two so need to have it all adjusted when thats done and will report back. Could anyone else report on the noise and vibrations improving? 
Stage 2+ 280.4 bhp ITG, Revo Stage 2+, decat, hpfp, THS intercooler, THS engine mounts, Pcv revamp, sportline springs, rs4 fuel valve, DS2500 pads and brembo discs, braided lines, ATE super blue brake fluid and more to come

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
Re: ths mounts fitted!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 07:54:29 pm »

I got the BSH ones which are very noisy.  Makes me paranoid at times as I can hear every noise lol.
ZBOYD on Seat Cupra .net has the same ones as you and from what he's told me I think they do settle.
I am impressed with the improvment since fitting my mounts, my engine had so much movement!

HTH

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 07:57:04 pm »
Mine were fine after they had bedded in (500 miles) - hard for someone else to comment IMHO as every one has different perceptions and tolerances of cabin noise. I certainly have no issues with mine, though noise is noticeable on tick over when stationary. Hope goes well with the THS FMIC - have had mine on the car for over a year now and a worthwhile upgrade - easy to fit yourself if you have the right tools.

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 07:58:49 pm »
I've got the THS mounts, they do settle down but there is always a slight increase in noise

Offline yin

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 77
  • -Receive: 18
  • Seat Leon Cupra Tfsi Its nearly a Golf
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 08:13:16 pm »
I've got the THS mounts, they do settle down but there is always a slight increase in noise

Same here with THS they have  Settled down a bit but still make you paranoid as you keep hearing noises you have never heard before 

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 08:16:20 pm »
BSH mounts fitted on mine, bloody hell they are noisy!!!! Love them tho. Dont know why but my s3 seems slower on acceleration with them fitted, might be something to do with the harsh as hell vibrations when giving it some. THS are 1/10th as bad. Stevie.

Offline johnboy07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 08:24:19 pm »
ah thanks guys it puts my mind at rest. It is for the me paranoid part lol. i drove it thinking i hadnt done something up properly or broke somethingin the process of fitting them  :signLOL: i cnt wait to feel the improvement in driving as my mount were that worn i could move them in my hands after i removed them.  just excited about the fmic now and the jkm rolling road day.
Stage 2+ 280.4 bhp ITG, Revo Stage 2+, decat, hpfp, THS intercooler, THS engine mounts, Pcv revamp, sportline springs, rs4 fuel valve, DS2500 pads and brembo discs, braided lines, ATE super blue brake fluid and more to come

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 08:57:59 pm »
they do settle but it can take quite some time  :happy2:
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
    • Audi S3
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 08:03:59 pm »
I have BSH ones too, really loud haha but doesnt bother me, love the noise when giving it some from the engine

For Sale - Airlift Performance Struts & Accuair Elevel/Ilevel Management - 18" BBS E28 Magnesium Split Wheels, Carbon Fibre Front Splitter
Old Car 2009 Audi S3 365bhp Gone - New Car 2013 C63 Amg Now With 525bhp

Offline johnboy07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 08:32:00 pm »
all good now and the noise im starting to enjoy but still experiencing wheel hop. i think my front arb bushes are shot and unsure whether they could cause it.  :scared:

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 02:12:07 pm »
And to be totally honest im not so sure if i like them. The noise has increased alot inside the car and the vibrations which i had read up on and expected but it is quite drastic. im hoping they settle in and the noise level reduces. not hada chance to feel whether the engine hop has gone etc as the settings on my revo reset and fitting the ths cooler over the next evening or two so need to have it all adjusted when thats done and will report back. Could anyone else report on the noise and vibrations improving? 

i fitted the 2 side mounts but not the lower engine mount and just used the ecs dogbone insert. quite happy with that compromise so the majority of the nois/vibration must come from the bottom mount. but will soften give it a couple of 1000 miles
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1