Make a donation

Author Topic: Forge twintercooler  (Read 6465 times)

Offline Jussa

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
Re: Forge twintercooler
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2011, 12:51:37 pm »
This is JK's RR at stage 2 with an AMD map

« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 01:28:12 pm by Jussa »
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2011, 12:53:05 pm »
And this is mine at Stage 2+

2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2011, 01:31:13 pm »
Awaiting PDT and Janner feedback  :fighting:

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2011, 01:42:06 pm »
 :popcornsoda:

Interesting reading considering JK has no HPFP or intercooler and I do......same map, same rollers  :confused:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2011, 02:01:45 pm »
Awaiting PDT and Janner feedback >>>:fighting:<<<
Am i misinterpreting that !!!

:popcornsoda:

Interesting reading considering JK has no HPFP or intercooler and I do......same map, same rollers  :confused:

the curve looks really good in all honesty,  I dont think you can compare the two graphs either as AMDs rollers give really inconsistent results out all the time.  as said earlier, yours could be 100% fine and giving realistic figures, and JK911 judging by his before and after plots is over reading by 15Hp so me personally id say he only has 267hp which in itself is still very good for a stage 2 K03.

The biggest tell tale for faults is to get it logged with VCDS

Personally  I still think you should try another set of rollers and if the car makes the same figures as you have now, or comparable to other dyno dynamics rollers then you'll know its OK.  I just thin you could end up going down a rabbit hole looking for issues that might not actually be present
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 02:08:02 pm by Janner_Sy »

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2011, 02:24:51 pm »
Janner,
Are you saying that a stage 2+ should only be 280bhp and 320lbs/ft torque?  :surprised:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2011, 02:38:21 pm »
yes, and Im sure theres half a forum of guys on here who will back that up.  The only way you will make more is by going to generous rollers.

Heres what stage 2+ cars make on rolling roads in which stock cars make stock figures.  FWIW robert on here with his stage 2 thought he had 280hp+ but when using JKMs rollers found he was slightly behind the revo guys
Revo Stage 2+

Revo stage 2+

Shark performance stage 2+

Shark Performance Stage 2+

DNA Stage 3

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2011, 02:45:12 pm »
Janner, I may be ignorant asking this question, but does the Octavia have the same lump as the MK5 GTi?  :ashamed:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2011, 02:50:13 pm »
yes the A3 2.0T, leon Fr, Octavia vRS, Golf GTI (200ps) all have the K03 2.0TFSI with identical part numbers etc.

the S3, Cupra and Ed30 all have the k04 TFSI

Offline DMcG

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2011, 03:11:59 pm »
Sorry to hear you are not happy. Was nice to meet you up there and your car looked good and sounded nice. Hope you wheren't waiting much longer?

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2011, 04:21:15 pm »
Hi mate, nice meeting you as well  :smiley:

How did your mate get on with his remap, I bet he loved it  :happy2:

Just spoke to Shaun at AMD.  I've booked the car in for the day on Tuesday next week for them to have a look at and possibly tweak a few things.
He says the intercooler is just a bolt on and doesn't necessarily need a remap, but the map can definitely be tweaked to make it work better (due to more air being pushed through), so hopefully they'll sort it.  :scared:

I just hope that it gets resolved, so I'll post up on this thread again when I receive it back.  :sad1:

Offline johnboy07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2011, 04:52:32 pm »
id be surprised if thats totally true, unless the setting were too high to start with. With the added cooling on most cars that go stage 2 with a cooler the timing can be adjusted. for example. I fitted a THS fmic yesterday and took it to my revo garage today and they set the car up from timing 5 to 7 thus giving more torque and higher end power. This was all adjusted in the car checking all the knock sensors are within tolerences. They can also be a bit more generous with the settings with a cooler as a lower intake temp can be achieved through hot and cold days.

Hope it all goes well when you take it in and you achieve what you desire. Im full stage 2+ and have the jkm rolling road day coming up. cant wait :party:
Stage 2+ 280.4 bhp ITG, Revo Stage 2+, decat, hpfp, THS intercooler, THS engine mounts, Pcv revamp, sportline springs, rs4 fuel valve, DS2500 pads and brembo discs, braided lines, ATE super blue brake fluid and more to come

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2011, 04:59:45 pm »
He says the intercooler is just a bolt on and doesn't necessarily need a remap, but the map can definitely be tweaked to make it work better (due to more air being pushed through), so hopefully they'll sort it.  :scared:

An uprated IC on it's own will not lead to " more air being pushed through"...   :confused:
It's the turbo that will determine that.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2011, 05:14:17 pm »
 :signLOL: Maybe I misinterpreted what he was saying.  :ashamed:
I guess the bottom line is that he said it can be tweaked to accomodate the intercooler for better performance.  :driver:  Either way I'd like to see some difference if the readings above are anything to go by  :fighting:
Maybe I'll join you at JKM just to see what the readings are on another RR.
JK911, you care to join us for the morning  :happy2:

Offline Jk911

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2011, 05:18:23 pm »
When and where? I'd also like to see results for mine on another set of rollers, so if I'm not at work when you go then I would be up for that for sure, let me know! :happy2: