Make a donation

Author Topic: Howdy all  (Read 1492 times)

Offline Mk5Mark

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Save the spray for the way back!
Howdy all
« on: June 13, 2011, 07:13:20 pm »
Hi ladies and gents,

Firstly I'd like to say how useful this site was as a non-gti owner looking for information and inspiration when choosing my new car - thanks  :happy2:

I pick up my 08 plate GTI on Thursday and cannot wait! I've followed the advice that I found and (hopefully) have chosen a nice clean example with 20k miles on the clock, leather interior, Monza 2's and comfort pack....all of which paled into 'details' when I test drove her!

This is actually my second GTI, the first was a mk2 when I first left home - the affair did not last long as I forgot to factor in certain "essentials" outside of rent and car insurance - lost a fair bit of weight in those wonderful 6 months!

I've purchased some goodies in readiness, an ITG filter, Carbonio CAI and Bluefin - the only problem I can see is getting back home whilst it's still light enough to fit them the same day!

I'll post pictures as soon as possible and look forward to being involved  :grin:

Saint Steve

Re: Howdy all
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 08:07:23 pm »
Welcome fella.

Enjoy the mk5 :happy2:

Offline sam

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 3
    • Calibre Connections LLP
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 12:09:03 am »
Welcome! I haven't long had mine and after a year of looking / saving i'm so impressed! :laugh: Enjoy her!

Offline Jk911

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 08:25:16 pm »
Welcome, that's how it starts lol :laugh:

Offline Mk5Mark

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 08:24:00 pm »
Thanks for the welcome  :smiley:

Freshly picked up today, I made a bee line for the home and installed the bluefin, unfortunately there has been a delay in my CAI delivery so when that arrives (hopefully tomorrow) I will install that and the filter together.

Think I'm on the slippery slope as I'm already pricing up Miltek cat backs for my next addition. Could anyone advise on, if I were to fit said exhaust (with the CAI + ITG pro filter) - would that best suit suit a stage 1 or 2 remap?

Been driving B roads practically all day - happy days!

:happy2:

MPS

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 03:44:39 pm »
 :surprised: WOW!! That paintwork is stunning!!  :congrats: Gotta get mine back to that standard now!!

Offline Jk911

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 06:09:49 pm »
Stage two if you go turbo back, stage one if you go cat, beautiful car by the way,looks mint :driver:

Offline Creatz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 15
  • The Noob
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 06:55:19 pm »
Nice  :happy2:

welcome along fella

Offline markymark

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 08:31:35 pm »
Nice motor you have got yourself......looks like you could be quite local? Are you in Solihull area by any chance?
Might be worth checking this out http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,30618.0.html
You won't be disappointed with the sound! :drool:

Offline Andy01

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2011, 08:32:12 pm »
Looks mint !

revo stage 1/pipercross panel filter/vwr springs/o.z superturismos

Offline Mk5Mark

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2011, 09:08:32 pm »
Thanks all for the kind words guys, hope to keep it up to this standard!

Got the CAI & filter fitted today (at the expense of a small crack in the engine cover  :sad1:) - noticed a slight difference in the intake sound, pretty minimal though, on the bright side it does look nice fitted.

Cheers for the info regarding the map stages JK911  :happy2:

Also thanks to Markymark for linking that thread - I'll keep an eye on the status because I'm very interested based on the write-up & Solihull is close enough for me to only put my foot down on the return journey!

Unfortunately the exhaust upgrade will have to wait until I have sold my VW T25 Westfalia campervan......which is currently undergoing the vehicle equivalent of major surgery (head gasket replacement & new cylinder head)  :sad: Shouldn't take too long to sell though once it's done.

Cheers,
Mark

Offline Az786

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2011, 09:13:21 pm »
welcome