Make a donation

Author Topic: Fabia VRS - test drive!  (Read 10001 times)

Offline Hurdy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
Re: Fabia VRS - test drive!
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2011, 02:36:01 am »
I agree with all you've just mentioned Sy :happy2:

I'll be doing ALL the physical modifications before I even touch a remap this time around......

Brakes - I'll be looking at a lightweight style upgrade to keep the weight down. Hopefully I'll find something around the 300+mm 2 piece fronts with 4 pots and a very small increase in the rears. Maybe even wait and see what Audi put on the hot S1 or VW put on the PoloR.
Suspension - Looking at the B14 Bilstein coilovers, whiteline ARB's and engine mounts.
Exhaust - Blade's Milltek looks just right.
Intake - dunno yet, but something will go on!
Intercooler - maybe Forge.
Audio - I'll be going for an RNS510 most likely
Alloys - Most likely OZ Alleggerita's - drops 16kg off the rotational weight.
Battery - change for a Braille or RedTop one - Loses about 8kg.
Seats - Lightweight buckets and a retrim in Alcantara - Lose about 20kg.

So, only mild mods :evilgrin:

Golf R gone.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2011, 02:43:36 am »
I agree with all you've just mentioned Sy :happy2:

I'll be doing ALL the physical modifications before I even touch a remap this time around......

Brakes - I'll be looking at a lightweight style upgrade to keep the weight down. Hopefully I'll find something around the 300+mm 2 piece fronts with 4 pots and a very small increase in the rears. Maybe even wait and see what Audi put on the hot S1 or VW put on the PoloR.
Suspension - Looking at the B14 Bilstein coilovers, whiteline ARB's and engine mounts.
Exhaust - Blade's Milltek looks just right.
Intake - dunno yet, but something will go on!
Intercooler - maybe Forge.
Audio - I'll be going for an RNS510 most likely
Alloys - Most likely OZ Alleggerita's - drops 16kg off the rotational weight.
Battery - change for a Braille or RedTop one - Loses about 8kg.
Seats - Lightweight buckets and a retrim in Alcantara - Lose about 20kg.

So, only mild mods :evilgrin:

That was my original plan, but it went out the window when i got asked to be the development mule by shark performance, so thought id accept the free map out of the goodness of my heart.  they decatted the OEM downpipe for me as well for only £60. So stage 1+ remap and decat for only £60.  bargain of the century.  Ive picked up a second OEM downpipe so i can swap for services etc plus the forge intake ive got for only £80 second hand.  The intercooler and radiator will be free as well.  This car seems destined to save me loads of money.

Have bilstein released suspension yet?  I thought it was only KW available.  Edit-Just seen the Polo r GTI listed on their site.  No vRS though, but it'll still fit :jumpmove:

I reckon someone will have a 1.4TSi in the very very low 13s or very high 12s in the next year.  You going with REVO again?

http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=88
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 02:52:53 am by Janner_Sy »

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2011, 10:44:35 am »
Yes, I probably will go Revo again.

All that equipment for very little money proves that it pays to be a pioneer :happy2:

I know there have been a few scare stories about the pistons cracking, but it looks like they were all using cheapskate fuel. For peace of mind I'll be using V-Power from the start. It will only be a matter of time before 1.4TSi forged pistons and rods are available too, then a little stage 3 work may be the order of the day :evilgrin:

Like the ED30 engine, I have seen decent potential in this car - I'll just stay away from the laughing gas this time  :rolleye:

I know the reviews say that the Renault Clio is better "out of the box", but where is the fun in that. I like a little project to tinker with and like the ED30 I'll savour each step along the way.
Golf R gone.

Offline VRSerious

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2011, 12:47:24 pm »
Skoda with a Skark map all the way  :happy2:
mkII VRS Octavia in Silver, Shark stage 1,Milotec lower front grill, private plate, EVOMs CAI, LED side and plate lights, de-badged, version D divert valve, BSH catch can, retro fitted parking sensors, cat back ss exhaust, Neuspeed Hi Flo intercooler pipe, S3 consoles/bushes,  Cupra 345mm front brakes + Goodridge braided hose, Bilsten B12

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2011, 01:03:13 pm »
not on this forum mate.  REVO is to this forum what shark is to briskoda.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2011, 01:13:55 pm »

Where are you based now mate? Is there as much benefit on remmaping the dsg as there is on the Golfs?

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2011, 01:16:39 pm »

Where are you based now mate? Is there as much benefit on remmaping the dsg as there is on the Golfs?
still in Chatham upon Medway for another month then moving to Nottingham

No DSG maps available as of yet, i will get it done though if and when they do it

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2011, 01:31:07 pm »
Skoda with a Skark map all the way  :happy2:

Who? Do you mean Shark?  :chicken:

There are other companies out there you know especially for a Skoda.  :wink:

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2011, 01:35:59 pm »

still in Chatham upon Medway for another month then moving to Nottingham

No DSG maps available as of yet, i will get it done though if and when they do it

Chillwell is in my preferences but think im being shipped to Maidstone  :sick:  If its gotta be Uk would be better Chillwell or Ripon.  Goin to cripple me moving to Uk.
PM me requirements for CoW.  Will have to dig out my blue book. Only LCpl / A1 / B2

Wont be long for Dsg map I bet. 

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2011, 01:42:34 pm »
no worries, PM sent.  your missus needs to get used to you working all hours for 18months though :grin:

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2011, 01:42:55 pm »
Just a note, the latest 6 speed DSG now has hill hold.

Did you not think about the SEAT Ibiza Cupra or Boncenegra?  Same engine as the Polo/vRS etc ?  

I had a go with the twincharger engine recently as I've not been in a 1.4TSI since it was originally released in the MK5 Golf GT and I was mightly impressed as it seems you were too - in fact only last week I was having a look at how much Polo GTI's were going for  :laugh: (after seeing Blade's) Not many about thats for sure, the local VW dealer were saying they only sold a hand full - maybe it was the price putting people off

Offline TagnuT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2011, 04:04:46 pm »
Nice right up there John. Some interesting points made about options..

Come on you must have popped into the SEAT garage, as Gilders is even closer than the Skoda garage to you.   

What do you think of the A1? Just specced up a A1 1.4 TFSI Sportline. I stopped when it past £23,000  :stupid:

I must agree that the Polo looks the best inside and looks good from the front too.

Its just annoying that the VW group will a larger price an option if you buy a VW than if you bought a Skoda, especially when we know that they are exactly the same parts......
Bye Bye Edition 30.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2011, 05:06:32 pm »

Come on you must have popped into the SEAT garage, as Gilders is even closer than the Skoda garage to you.   

What do you think of the A1? Just specced up a A1 1.4 TFSI Sportline. I stopped when it past £23,000  :stupid:

I must agree that the Polo looks the best inside and looks good from the front too.

Its just annoying that the VW group will a larger price an option if you buy a VW than if you bought a Skoda, especially when we know that they are exactly the same parts......

I didn't include the Seat or the A1 as they are both 3dr only. I have looked online at them and the A1 looks good if you only needed front doors. :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline TagnuT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2011, 06:01:24 pm »

I didn't include the Seat or the A1 as they are both 3dr only. I have looked online at them and the A1 looks good if you only needed front doors. :happy2:

Forgot about that point  :ashamed:  :signLOL:
Bye Bye Edition 30.

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2011, 07:01:15 pm »
What happened to getting something mad  :confused: