Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2696841 times)

Offline alexmccabe

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 12
    • Alex McCabe
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #3735 on: February 28, 2013, 09:48:27 am »
Just dropped the gti off at the garage to get the dv changed.

With all these threads recently floating around about them splitting I got paranoid and bought a revision D DV :P I was looking at the forge dump valve, but couldn't justify spending £195 on it when the revision d seems to do the same thing.

Out of curiosity, how much are they charging you for that?

MK5 Golf GTi 197BHP Tornado Red

Offline trs888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
« Reply #3736 on: February 28, 2013, 10:25:49 am »

That's good, i'm not the only one it happened to then  :grin:
Anyway it was problem sorted once my pipe was back on. You've obviously got other problems going on there. Couldn't say what though. Good luck with that!

forgot to press post before i went to bed last night!

well i got my washers working ok again. seem ok for now. will have to test and see how they go.

Over the last few days - got a problem with my Radiator fans..... so had a trip to VW to price them up and they were £150 for small one and £250 for big one. so after they picked me up off the floor the guy in the parts department said he had some upstairs that were an order but never picked up. so i took those fans away and tried them but they werent coming on at all.  :sad1:

the next ay i got my friend to check the car out and it turns out that disconnecting the fans and turning the ignition on meant it registered a fault on the circuit and stopped giving power to the fans once they were reconnected.  he did a vag com test on the fans and both span up fine.

he wiped the codes and then turned the car on and got it up to temp. Interestingly the car registered 90 degrees but on the computer it only said 75. even when the temp went to 100 it still read 90. the fans kicked in and all was well so took key out, and tried not to burn myself putting the fan back in (with help of my brother) and also trying not to snap my ice cold fingers off in the process finally put it back together. seems the fans behave completley different when theyre both working!  turns out that i wasnt getting teh car hot enough on my "TEST" so the fans remained off. its just i didnt want to break the engine by letting it overheat!

all is well now tho, except i broke the connector tab when taking it off so have another one to replace from VW at just under £5. the connector is solid and as a precaution have zip tied it!

Offline marko

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
« Reply #3737 on: February 28, 2013, 02:21:42 pm »
finally got round to my boot pop mod...
took 20 minutes max
ticked 3rd option in byte 2 and bobs your uncle!!!
SORTED!!
 :happy2:
2007 TR gt170...heated leather,underseat drawers,auto-levelling bi-xenons,puddle leds,chrome switches,footwell lights f+r,cruise control and ed30 rear lamps,LED interior....carbon highline clocks,ed30 front spoiler,RNS 510 P+MDI,mk6 gti gearknob,TPMS done,complete r32 trim kit+ MFSW,r32 f+r brakes,RLS fitted.headlamp washers,folding mirrors and boot pop,mk6 RVC,19"Helios,AP coilies,valeo LEDs  ...dpf delete and remap to finish off

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #3738 on: February 28, 2013, 02:56:18 pm »

That's good, i'm not the only one it happened to then  :grin:
Anyway it was problem sorted once my pipe was back on. You've obviously got other problems going on there. Couldn't say what though. Good luck with that!

forgot to press post before i went to bed last night!

well i got my washers working ok again. seem ok for now. will have to test and see how they go.

Over the last few days - got a problem with my Radiator fans..... so had a trip to VW to price them up and they were £150 for small one and £250 for big one. so after they picked me up off the floor the guy in the parts department said he had some upstairs that were an order but never picked up. so i took those fans away and tried them but they werent coming on at all.  :sad1:

the next ay i got my friend to check the car out and it turns out that disconnecting the fans and turning the ignition on meant it registered a fault on the circuit and stopped giving power to the fans once they were reconnected.  he did a vag com test on the fans and both span up fine.

he wiped the codes and then turned the car on and got it up to temp. Interestingly the car registered 90 degrees but on the computer it only said 75. even when the temp went to 100 it still read 90. the fans kicked in and all was well so took key out, and tried not to burn myself putting the fan back in (with help of my brother) and also trying not to snap my ice cold fingers off in the process finally put it back together. seems the fans behave completley different when theyre both working!  turns out that i wasnt getting teh car hot enough on my "TEST" so the fans remained off. its just i didnt want to break the engine by letting it overheat!

all is well now tho, except i broke the connector tab when taking it off so have another one to replace from VW at just under £5. the connector is solid and as a precaution have zip tied it!
glad to see you are finally getting there with the annoying problems the car is throwing at you, not much fun i know but fingers crossed for you that it behaves for a while now, we all have to get a bit technical these days in order to save on the repair bills,
good job  :happy2:

Offline Jonny

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 14
  • G7R Owner
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,45008.0.html
« Reply #3739 on: February 28, 2013, 05:46:25 pm »
Just dropped the gti off at the garage to get the dv changed.

With all these threads recently floating around about them splitting I got paranoid and bought a revision D DV :P I was looking at the forge dump valve, but couldn't justify spending £195 on it when the revision d seems to do the same thing.

Out of curiosity, how much are they charging you for that?

I bought the part so it was just labour charge of £35. Old DV was fine, no rips but it's better to be safe than sorry  :happy2:

Offline trs888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
« Reply #3740 on: February 28, 2013, 08:04:06 pm »
glad to see you are finally getting there with the annoying problems the car is throwing at you, not much fun i know but fingers crossed for you that it behaves for a while now, we all have to get a bit technical these days in order to save on the repair bills,

well i was pretty pleased with the price i paid for the fans...........£60 for both of them - brand new - genuine VW..... cant complain at that!

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3741 on: February 28, 2013, 08:21:48 pm »

well i was pretty pleased with the price i paid for the fans...........£60 for both of them - brand new - genuine VW..... cant complain at that!
didnt realise you got them so cheap, that,s a cracking price that, vw must like you

Offline Bignod00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 40
  • Ginsters are sh*tE!!
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,96791.msg959667.html#msg959667
« Reply #3742 on: February 28, 2013, 08:26:37 pm »
Finally fitted the new wheels! :D

4WD Leon Cupra TTE420 K1, maybe slightly modded. :evilgrin:

Offline craigy123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
« Reply #3743 on: February 28, 2013, 08:28:32 pm »
Fitted my freshly painted wheels

PM for details

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3744 on: February 28, 2013, 08:29:37 pm »

dude is that car low enough  :rolleye:
easy way to collect some daisies on that field you are next to i guess, just drive forward  :jumping:
wheels look cracking  :happy2:

Offline Stanipkiss

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #3745 on: February 28, 2013, 08:38:43 pm »
Fitted my freshly painted wheels

Very nice  :happy2: I get mine back tomorrow (fingers crossed)

Mk5 Jetta 2.0l Tdi 140 se Apex RDX coilovers, BBS VZ003, Skyline tails, Genuine Xenons more to come

Offline Bignod00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Ginsters are sh*tE!!
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,96791.msg959667.html#msg959667
« Reply #3746 on: February 28, 2013, 08:40:07 pm »

dude is that car low enough  :rolleye:
easy way to collect some daisies on that field you are next to i guess, just drive forward  :jumping:
wheels look cracking  :happy2:
Hahahahahahaha.......... :signLOL:

The car isn't that low tbh dude, photos are a little deceiving. It's certainly higher now than when it was on the Eibach Sportlines! :laugh: It can still easily get over speedbumps etc! :smiley:

Loving the wheels! :happy2:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 08:42:06 pm by Bignod00 »

Offline MC71

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #3747 on: February 28, 2013, 08:45:46 pm »
^^^^ W O W!!

They really do look the muts nuts on your car!  :congrats:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Bignod00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Ginsters are sh*tE!!
« Reply #3748 on: February 28, 2013, 09:37:13 pm »
^^^^ W O W!!

They really do look the muts nuts on your car!  :congrats:
Thanks very much mate, it's appreciated!  :happy2:

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #3749 on: February 28, 2013, 09:42:08 pm »
^^^
Yeah they look so lush :drool:
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦