Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2696213 times)

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #4035 on: April 03, 2013, 08:23:07 pm »

Took a trip down to Brands Hatch on Sunday to watch the 1st round of the BTCC, was brilliant :driver:

My wife and myself were there too. Brilliant but flipping cold!!! :grouphug:

Cool. Were you down in a GTI?

Yeah was freezing, especially with the wind. I was parked on South Bank so ended up watching most of the non BTCC races from the car :happy2:
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #4036 on: April 04, 2013, 04:48:25 am »
Got dropped off for a wheel refurb and brand new rubber!  :party:
3 Door GTI Black, Cruise Control, DSG, Factory Tints, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Highline Display, Leather, Monza II's, MFSW, Parking Sensors, Puddle Lights,  Xenons,

To be fitted....Bluetooth,DVB-T, MDI, RNS510, Stage one (opinions much appreciated)

Offline andyR43

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #4037 on: April 04, 2013, 06:11:53 am »

Took a trip down to Brands Hatch on Sunday to watch the 1st round of the BTCC, was brilliant :driver:

Yeah was freezing, especially with the wind. I was parked on South Bank so ended up watching most of the non BTCC races from the car :happy2:

Yep we were there in a steel grey 5 door GTI. We were sat in the Paddock Hill Grandstand, would have been warmer if we'd been strapped,naked, to the front of Plato's MG!!  :signLOL:

Keeping it original..............or not!!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #4038 on: April 04, 2013, 10:02:57 am »

^^^^ ok, I'll bite, what's the pterosaurs for? :grin:

....That stretch of coast and that beach in particular is where some very major fossils have been unearthed. It has World Wonder etc status, although it's hardly The Grande Canyon! I was hoping that my pet Pterodactyl would keep the grockles (tourists) away but not so far.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline GTImike

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 8
  • Back in a Golf - Mk7 R
    • Email
« Reply #4039 on: April 04, 2013, 10:26:53 am »
Dropped my Eddy off at the main stealers for a Full inspection service, engine flush and brake fluid change and a FREE car wash, I can't see how the last item is free when I'm spending nearly £400 on the other bits!!!! And I hope that the Valeter's at Preston Volkswagen are better than some other branches reading about the horror stories of swirled paint etc, the car is filthy after a long weekend away and I won't be getting chance to wash it myself anytime soon.

2008/58 Tornado Red Edition 30 (No. 1853) 5dr DSG - Gone but never forgotten
2017/66 Tornado Red Golf R 5D - Lasted 6 months before being sold on
Still have a TFSI in the family - 2009/59 Audi S3 8P facelift Stage 2 tuned
Oh and a Mk1 Golf GTI cabriolet

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
« Reply #4040 on: April 04, 2013, 11:31:10 am »

Yep we were there in a steel grey 5 door GTI. We were sat in the Paddock Hill Grandstand, would have been warmer if we'd been strapped,naked, to the front of Plato's MG!!  :signLOL:

:signLOL:
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline coolhandluke

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
Re: Re: Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #4041 on: April 04, 2013, 11:55:52 am »
Cheers the armrest did come with instructions as new, didn't wanna pay for installation as paid £200 for new armrest.just looked for screws before pulling plastic took me 1.5 hours .did think what have I done half way thru ,nearly gave up lol .
ive just fitted my arm rest ...the only thing I struggled with was taking off the center bit ...it seemed like it wouldn't go past the handbrake but it did in the end ...I took it off to fit air pipe for rear vents ...I got new one only £8 and screws were £0.10 all from tps

sent using my own fingers

Why the need for a new steering rack?

Offline red6688

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #4042 on: April 04, 2013, 03:20:57 pm »
Cleaned seats

Good stuff
Before with stains on seats

After cleaning

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4043 on: April 04, 2013, 04:24:52 pm »
Got my car back after fresh rubber and wheels had been refurbed.Ill post pics (anyone able to help with an EASY way to this)

I can't wait to drive on fresh rubber!!! Also what's the best place to get centre caps OEM style please
3 Door GTI Black, Cruise Control, DSG, Factory Tints, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Highline Display, Leather, Monza II's, MFSW, Parking Sensors, Puddle Lights,  Xenons,

To be fitted....Bluetooth,DVB-T, MDI, RNS510, Stage one (opinions much appreciated)

Offline Bryan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #4044 on: April 04, 2013, 04:57:01 pm »
Took her a nice drive up to St Andrews.
First proper drive since i had my stage 2 map done. Car feels so much more alive. Cant believe i never got it done sooner!
Forge Twintake. BCSautomotive turbo back exhaust with sports cat. Stage 2 remap. R32 rear lights and bumper. Team heko wind deflectors. mtec bulbs. Ed30 bbs wheels.  Eibach springs. Goodyear Eagle F1 asy2s. NQSBBK(330mm)

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4045 on: April 04, 2013, 05:05:13 pm »
Remap is next on my list!

Offline homesqueeze

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 42
  • Got another Golf!
« Reply #4046 on: April 04, 2013, 05:13:19 pm »
Got my car back after fresh rubber and wheels had been refurbed.Ill post pics (anyone able to help with an EASY way to this)

I can't wait to drive on fresh rubber!!! Also what's the best place to get centre caps OEM style please

Dealers are as good as anywhere for centre caps
'16 MK7 Golf 1.4TSI Match Edition

Offline detailer

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 7
  • I like things shiney
« Reply #4047 on: April 04, 2013, 05:17:57 pm »
Dropped my Eddy off at the main stealers for a Full inspection service, engine flush and brake fluid change and a FREE car wash, I can't see how the last item is free when I'm spending nearly £400 on the other bits!!!! And I hope that the Valeter's at Preston Volkswagen are better than some other branches reading about the horror stories of swirled paint etc, the car is filthy after a long weekend away and I won't be getting chance to wash it myself anytime soon.
When mine goes into the dealers I specifiacally ask them not too clean my car. They usually use tfr and bloody brushes  :confused:

Offline detailer

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 7
  • I like things shiney
« Reply #4048 on: April 04, 2013, 05:19:57 pm »
Fitted a new pcv, dump valve, new oil and filter and gave it a good clean and polish and seal.  :happy2:

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
« Reply #4049 on: April 04, 2013, 05:23:25 pm »

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,945.0.html :happy2: