Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2697966 times)

Offline marko

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #4425 on: May 18, 2013, 08:27:59 pm »
thanks mate....thats perfect!!!
2007 TR gt170...heated leather,underseat drawers,auto-levelling bi-xenons,puddle leds,chrome switches,footwell lights f+r,cruise control and ed30 rear lamps,LED interior....carbon highline clocks,ed30 front spoiler,RNS 510 P+MDI,mk6 gti gearknob,TPMS done,complete r32 trim kit+ MFSW,r32 f+r brakes,RLS fitted.headlamp washers,folding mirrors and boot pop,mk6 RVC,19"Helios,AP coilies,valeo LEDs  ...dpf delete and remap to finish off

Offline Jamminjim

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #4426 on: May 18, 2013, 08:33:32 pm »
Washed the car "the old way" last night, AB foam, rinse then wash in wax wash with mitt, rinse then driven to dryish then chamois dried. Pulled it out of garage this morning and thought I would document the reflection.

looking good son  :notworthy:

It will possibly shock a few when they discover the wash in wax is

Offline ROH ECHT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #4427 on: May 18, 2013, 09:54:08 pm »
They are looking dire but I might try give them a scrub up and wack em down the final 5-or-so mm in the morn  :smiley:
Wondering if a good coating of plasti-dip when installed originally might have protected a bit more for ya???

They clearly needed something!

Everything on my 7 year old car is shiny and new looking (my missus thinks I love the car more than her!)... apart from the nearly new suspension!

:signLOL:

Yeah...mine too...I don't know why ;p  I would think the yellow on dampers and blue on the springs would still look good(much like a Bilstein & H&R set-up) plus provide a flexible enough corrosive resistant coating - http://www.amazon.com/Plasti-Dip-Ounce-Yellow-Aerosol/dp/B003B3KKMQ
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline Jamminjim

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #4428 on: May 18, 2013, 10:08:51 pm »
They are looking dire but I might try give them a scrub up and wack em down the final 5-or-so mm in the morn  :smiley:
Wondering if a good coating of plasti-dip when installed originally might have protected a bit more for ya???

They clearly needed something!

Everything on my 7 year old car is shiny and new looking (my missus thinks I love the car more than her!)... apart from the nearly new suspension!

:signLOL:

Yeah...mine too...I don't know why ;p  I would think the yellow on dampers and blue on the springs would still look good(much like a Bilstein & H&R set-up) pluis provide a flexible enough corrosive resistant coating - http://www.amazon.com/Plasti-Dip-Ounce-Yellow-Aerosol/dp/B003B3KKMQ

I agree completely ok ok I might look into some plasti-dip surely easier to find on Google than a stockist of AH exclusives in sunny Blighty.

Offline TomGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 4
  • PIRELLI EDITION
    • Email
« Reply #4429 on: May 19, 2013, 07:22:36 am »
Yesterday I changed my current intact rev G DV for a new rev G DV, oh well who's to know what's already fitted but replaced it anyway  :laugh:
GTI Pirelli - Reflex Silver - 5dr - 58 - B12 Sportline kit!

Sold ~ GTI - Mk5 - Pearl Black -  Bluefin - 3dr - 08

Offline damoegan

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
    • Email
« Reply #4430 on: May 19, 2013, 07:26:08 am »

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 76
    • Email
« Reply #4431 on: May 19, 2013, 07:57:40 am »
PX'ed it....  :sad1:

:sick:  What for?

Ed35, so at least there is a silver lining to the gloomy cloud of ed30 loss..  :smiley:

Tornado Red ED30 : Number 1644 - Gone

Carbon Grey Edition 35 - Here

Offline damoegan

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
    • Email
« Reply #4432 on: May 19, 2013, 07:59:00 am »

Ed35, so at least there is a silver lining to the gloomy cloud of ed30 loss..  :smiley:

:pomppomp:

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4433 on: May 19, 2013, 08:05:34 am »

Yeah starting to get a little  :pomppomp: myself now, was not as excited about the swap as I normally would have been yesterday as after 5 years with the '30 we're like old friends and I'll be genuinely sad to see it go..
Time for a change though and now in need of a more family friendly 5 door so hoping the '35 will live up to its older sisters charms for the next 5 years  :happy2:

Saintsteve

« Reply #4434 on: May 19, 2013, 09:32:36 am »

Yeah starting to get a little  :pomppomp: myself now, was not as excited about the swap as I normally would have been yesterday as after 5 years with the '30 we're like old friends and I'll be genuinely sad to see it go..
Time for a change though and now in need of a more family friendly 5 door so hoping the '35 will live up to its older sisters charms for the next 5 years  :happy2:

:congrats: :congrats:

Is her sister Red aswell?

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4435 on: May 19, 2013, 10:00:54 am »

:congrats: :congrats:

Is her sister Red aswell?

Well after 8 years and 3 cars my love affair with red has come to an end... Carbon grey this time around  :smiley:

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #4436 on: May 19, 2013, 06:35:05 pm »
ordered four Pirelli P Zero Rossos in the original MB spec for the Pirelli thanks to Black Circle

Offline Stanipkiss

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #4437 on: May 19, 2013, 06:38:24 pm »
Washed the car "the old way" last night, AB foam, rinse then wash in wax wash with mitt, rinse then driven to dryish then chamois dried. Pulled it out of garage this morning and thought I would document the reflection.

looking good son  :notworthy:

Thanks Dad  :signLOL:

Mk5 Jetta 2.0l Tdi 140 se Apex RDX coilovers, BBS VZ003, Skyline tails, Genuine Xenons more to come

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #4438 on: May 19, 2013, 07:20:36 pm »

Went to the 1st monthly Notts / Derby meet :)

Offline jaffa

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 44
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,90080.0.html
« Reply #4439 on: May 19, 2013, 09:53:13 pm »
painted my hubs, disk lips and dust shields

before

after

not bad for £7.15  :happy2: