Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2691758 times)

Offline Matto

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #2670 on: November 25, 2012, 01:29:33 pm »
Sunday mini mod.

Offline homesqueeze

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 42
  • Got another Golf!
« Reply #2671 on: November 25, 2012, 02:20:43 pm »
Could be moisture in your car somewhere

Get a dehumidifier (the type in a plastic tub with little balls) and leave it in your car

Cheep on eBay  :happy2:  [ebay]260787304661[/ebay]
thanks for that, is this normal though, should I be getting this amount of condensation on frosty mornings, is it just the car design ?

I think it's not unusual Scott. Mines always been pretty bad like this in cold weather. I recently bought a kind of bag on amazon that is supposed to absorb moisture. Haven't had it long enough to assess how good it is yet. Gets good reviews though. I'll post you a link when I get on my proper computer tomorrow.
thanks for that, yeah if you can let me know would be great

Here you are Scott. Link below for that dehumidifier thing. I can't promise how good it is though, because ever since I got mine the weather has been really mild and condensation is not an issue yet untill it starts to get colder. A lot of the reviews seem to say it works though. If you decide to get one, you will find that the instructions are only in German because it's a German product. Basically it's as simple as leaving it on your dash, plastic side down and letting it absorb moisture. Then every month or two when it's getting saturated you just leave it on a radiator to let the water evaporate. Hope this helps.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000XUPEJY/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

'16 MK7 Golf 1.4TSI Match Edition

scottm72

« Reply #2672 on: November 25, 2012, 03:37:47 pm »
I seem to get a lot of condensation inside the car on frosty days, I know you will get a bit but I get a lot, is this normal ?
frosty today and windscreen covered in condensation, rear view mirror covered, and my clocks also where covered to the point I could hardly see the dials, this seems a bit excessive, is this normal or do you reckon I have a leak, at high speed I don't hear any leaks but scratching my head with this

Are you running the system in Auto or Auto/ECO mode? The latter should clear up the mist.
have auto on always, its just when I get in the car on frosty mornings, especially the clocks are covered in condensation.
regarding eco mode ? I cant see that function ?
I have dual zone climate

Offline homesqueeze

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Got another Golf!
« Reply #2673 on: November 25, 2012, 06:31:21 pm »
Eco is the button underneath auto. All it does is turn off the air conditioning.

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #2674 on: November 25, 2012, 06:33:28 pm »
Unless you have the later model panel and it will have an a/c button under the auto button which basically works the opposite way to the econ button

scottm72

« Reply #2675 on: November 25, 2012, 09:19:25 pm »
yeah I have the a/c button instead

Offline Teo10

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #2676 on: November 26, 2012, 05:08:04 pm »
Took my car Inch Bathgate VW (part 2) to get my wings done, guy still could'nt offer me a courtesy car and after the shambles last time he offered to get the car in today and have it out by Wednesday afternoon!

So get him back with some nice new wings! (fingers crossed the paint matches!)

scottm72

« Reply #2677 on: November 27, 2012, 10:41:06 pm »
bought mk6 mfsw from eddie today, looking forward to the extra bling,,,, now to find some r32 clocks  :jumping:

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #2678 on: November 28, 2012, 05:29:44 am »
I have dual climate control and if I don't press eco when the temp is set to warm up the cabin and instead just have auto pressed it fogs up inside. Whether or not that causes moisture to be present upon start-up after a long parking...IDK? It makes sense that possibly the moisture is created from that, but more likely it's due to moisture in the cabin from some other local. That would be the saddest thing. I would be more concerned with finding and eliminating the moisture at the point of entry more than a removal system for it after it is present.
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #2679 on: November 28, 2012, 04:02:09 pm »
Sorted my maps out so now have speed cameras showing. My car is in desperate need of a clean but we need a new jet washer gun and cant find one anywhere!

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

scottm72

« Reply #2680 on: November 28, 2012, 04:09:11 pm »
I have dual climate control and if I don't press eco when the temp is set to warm up the cabin and instead just have auto pressed it fogs up inside. Whether or not that causes moisture to be present upon start-up after a long parking...IDK? It makes sense that possibly the moisture is created from that, but more likely it's due to moisture in the cabin from some other local. That would be the saddest thing. I would be more concerned with finding and eliminating the moisture at the point of entry more than a removal system for it after it is present.
exactly right, that is why I have disregarded the dehumidifiers etc, it wont solve the reason for it happening in the first place.
if it is raining all night and I go in the car it is fine, it is only when it is like 2 degrees or so or a frosty morning, occasionally even the inside clocks are misted up and that doesn't seem right to me, also the demist is not v good, the top air vent blows with not a lot of pressure even if I turn it up to full, instead if I press the button that directs the air to the drivers face the top air vent ( above the stereo ) comes to life and demists a lot quicker,,,, this system seems worse than the basic 1234 air speed I had in my mark 4 golf ??????
dual zone climate control gets beaten by bog standard mk4 air vents,,, it shouldn't happen but it is.
I don't think there is a leak anywhere as if I push the car up to even 100mph ( which is only to test brake balance etc and very rarely before someone jumps on my back ) there is no air whistle and no apparent leaks of which doing that kind of speed would highlite !!! so im not sure about a gap in the door seals etc.
when you guys go to your car and it is like an ice cube on some mornings do you get this problem, yes or no,,, is it just mine
thanks guys

Offline homesqueeze

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Got another Golf!
« Reply #2681 on: November 28, 2012, 06:36:54 pm »
exactly right, that is why I have disregarded the dehumidifiers etc, it wont solve the reason for it happening in the first place.
if it is raining all night and I go in the car it is fine, it is only when it is like 2 degrees or so or a frosty morning, occasionally even the inside clocks are misted up and that doesn't seem right to me, also the demist is not v good, the top air vent blows with not a lot of pressure even if I turn it up to full, instead if I press the button that directs the air to the drivers face the top air vent ( above the stereo ) comes to life and demists a lot quicker,,,, this system seems worse than the basic 1234 air speed I had in my mark 4 golf ??????
dual zone climate control gets beaten by bog standard mk4 air vents,,, it shouldn't happen but it is.
I don't think there is a leak anywhere as if I push the car up to even 100mph ( which is only to test brake balance etc and very rarely before someone jumps on my back ) there is no air whistle and no apparent leaks of which doing that kind of speed would highlite !!! so im not sure about a gap in the door seals etc.
when you guys go to your car and it is like an ice cube on some mornings do you get this problem, yes or no,,, is it just mine
thanks guys

As before, my car has always been like this in winter, and that's from new. Seen many posts on here about moisture and slow demisting etc. Seems random, a lot of people have problems with it but also many don't. Might just be poor design.

scottm72

« Reply #2682 on: November 28, 2012, 06:44:52 pm »
interesting you have had this from new, do you also get condensation on the clocks occasionally, if so as you say must be design flaw

Offline homesqueeze

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Got another Golf!
« Reply #2683 on: November 28, 2012, 06:52:34 pm »
Yep, when it's real cold everything can be misted up, clocks, rearview mirror, the lot! Even frozen sometimes. It's never awful like dripping wet or anything, just hazed up and can take a while to demist.

scottm72

« Reply #2684 on: November 28, 2012, 06:55:36 pm »
Yep, when it's real cold everything can be misted up, clocks, rearview mirror, the lot! Even frozen sometimes. It's never awful like dripping wet or anything, just hazed up and can take a while to demist.
yep exactly the same as mine, and I don't use a demist cloth or anything as they usually leave a streak,,, just sit there waiting for it to demist,,, thanks for sorting that out for me, saves me looking at seals etc as im sure they are ok
must be a small gap somewhere due to the design, we just live with it I guess
 :happy2: