Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2696702 times)

Offline Jonny

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 14
  • G7R Owner
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,45008.0.html
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #3840 on: March 10, 2013, 11:32:20 pm »
Went for drive down to Shipley to pick up the old man's Mk6 GTI. Persuaded him to get rid of his horrid yellow astra gtc :P

must be interesting to have a mk6 and a mk5 sitting in the same driveway, if they had done something different with the mk6 front grill i would have bought one over my mk5,
just couldnt force myself to like it

To be honest I didn't want two Mk5's sitting on the driveway, so that's why I started looking for Mk6's for my dad. I didn't like the Mk6 at first but it's definitely growing on me, apart from the arse end lol  :P

Walked in before thinking mine still looks meaner which I think will never change  :laugh:

Offline craig_GTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #3841 on: March 11, 2013, 12:41:37 am »
^^^^

Have a look through this thread below, then email Matt at Matt.towers1@btinternet.com with your requirements.  :happy2:

~~ Clicky here ~~

Thanks alot  :happy2:
Tornado red mk5 Golf GTI 5 door.

Offline ROH ECHT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 07:18:39 am by ROH ECHT »
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline mesaosi

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
Re: Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #3843 on: March 11, 2013, 09:38:26 am »
Fitted these

Where'd you get the heater controls if you don't mind me asking?

Offline torque777

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 12
Re: Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #3844 on: March 11, 2013, 11:41:50 am »
Ebay ...just type in vw heater knobs and you will find them ...a few different companies I bought from jumbo direct ..about £12

sent using my own fingers

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #3845 on: March 11, 2013, 11:47:55 am »
Went for drive down to Shipley to pick up the old man's Mk6 GTI. Persuaded him to get rid of his horrid yellow astra gtc :P

must be interesting to have a mk6 and a mk5 sitting in the same driveway, if they had done something different with the mk6 front grill i would have bought one over my mk5,

To be honest I didn't want two Mk5's sitting on the driveway, so that's why I started looking for Mk6's for my dad. I didn't like the Mk6 at first but it's definitely growing on me, apart from the arse end lol  :P

Walked in before thinking mine still looks meaner which I think will never change  :laugh:
interesting comments on the mk6 - good to read, i never even noticed the 3 diff honeycombe grill patterns / sizes,,, why the heck did they do that,,,,,,they know the gti must look a bit mean on the front so why they just ignored that on the mk6 i dont understand.
I have looked at loads of mk6s and really tried to like the front but couldnt figure it out really, i think the tiny grill around the vw badge killed it for me, it just looks to plain.
Check out this picture i took at vw aberdeen

And check the massive price diff, both cars 1 year old, both 7000 miles,,,,,
the one on the left is only a 1.2 basic golf,,, the gti is STOCK,
They look way to similar after you change the front grills on the 1.2, you could buy the one on the left and get one free lol for the price of the gti.
The cars just look to similar to me and VW are just stupid for not addressing that,,, just my opinion though.
Rock on the mk5 GTI
 :happy2:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 12:02:53 pm by scottm72 »

Offline Gtiain

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #3846 on: March 11, 2013, 12:04:52 pm »

Walked in before thinking mine still looks meaner which I think will never change  :laugh:

Looks great  :happy2:

Bit weird looking at that picture as I had a silver mk5 gti and now got a black mk6 gti  :happy2:

To add my two pence worth, sorry but I prefer the look of the mk6 much more and the cabin is just a nicer place to be :ashamed:

All subjective though, each to their own.

Offline paulw123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #3847 on: March 11, 2013, 12:05:55 pm »
^^^^^
good points well made, twice the price is just mad.
GT TDI sport 140 08plate,RCD510 DAB, leather armrest, euro cup holder

Offline Jonny

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 14
  • G7R Owner
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,45008.0.html
« Reply #3848 on: March 11, 2013, 12:50:50 pm »

Walked in before thinking mine still looks meaner which I think will never change  :laugh:

Looks great  :happy2:

Bit weird looking at that picture as I had a silver mk5 gti and now got a black mk6 gti  :happy2:

To add my two pence worth, sorry but I prefer the look of the mk6 much more and the cabin is just a nicer place to be :ashamed:

All subjective though, each to their own.

Get some pics up of your Mk6 Iain!

I do quite like the mk6 cabin, it's the same, but not if you get me :P Everything is a bit more ergonomic :) Well my dad's already began modding, starting with the little bits like seat inserts, led sidelights & whiter headlamp bulbs  :happy2: What have I dragged him into  :P The only thing I'm jealous about is his bloody 18 inch monza's... They've been refurbed but the look  :drool:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 12:54:17 pm by Jonny »

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #3849 on: March 11, 2013, 08:52:10 pm »
That's cool he has the mod bug too. Now you all have a little family competition going.

One last comment on the 6's face...I just remembered what I said the day I took a good long look at it..."it looks like they had 6 different people each working on a different area of the front and when they were all done they introduced each others work by putting it all together right there up front". I know their goal was to make it look a bit grown up this time and for the most part they did that. It's a GTI...and it should look young and full of vigor...not grown up. Do that to the Standard Golf.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 12:33:15 am by ROH ECHT »
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline Tortaruga

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 105
« Reply #3850 on: March 11, 2013, 10:22:16 pm »
MOT'd my Mum's 1.6FSI.

Did an oil & filter change in my gti, new sump plug & Edge 5w30. The 'laser' filter drain tool didn't exactly work a treat-it only drained a little oil out so I got a handful of hot oil when I unscrewed the filter. :fighting:

Also turned off the seatbelt chime; oh the joy of silence, my life has returned...as Blur said 'modern life is rubbish'. :booty:
'07 Red manual

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #3851 on: March 12, 2013, 12:36:15 am »
What oil drain did you get?
I got this one and it's been excellent.
http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_V--2.0T/Engine/Mechanical/Oil_Pan/ES2208993/

Offline craigy123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
« Reply #3852 on: March 12, 2013, 01:46:49 am »
Left her tucked up in the garage and gave my winter car a quick wash

You can just see her rear end in this picture...

:driver:

PM for details

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #3853 on: March 12, 2013, 02:35:22 am »
I can only see one cheek though...

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #3854 on: March 12, 2013, 10:51:21 am »
I can only see one cheek though...

:signLOL:
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦