Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2698465 times)

Offline Mk5Dom

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 19
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #4605 on: June 05, 2013, 09:14:28 pm »
Spent the last three and a half hours after work giving her a good wash/clay/polish/wax. Looks absolutely beautiful.  :love:
What made me laugh though is the comment made by my neighbour. "You can get it done for a tenner down tesco".
Oh cheers mate, been considering getting some swirl marks since I bought her.

I can understand people treat their cars differently and have variable knowledge about cleaning and detailing but it just frustrates me. You guys must of had snidely comments from your neighbours?
Past: MY07/Mk5 Golf Match 1.9 TDI 105PS Manual Steel Grey Metallic
Present: MY13/Mk7 Golf GT 2.0 TDI 150PS DSG Tornado Red, MY14/2K Caddy Startline 1.6 TDI 102PS Manual Candy White

Offline torque777

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 12
Re: Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #4606 on: June 05, 2013, 09:28:11 pm »
Yep ...they think I'm mad ...and the guys at work do ...just imagine when I started using a compact leaf blower to blow water out of mirrors and grills snd door handles etc :D

sent using my own fingers

Offline Horatio

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 39
« Reply #4607 on: June 05, 2013, 09:39:20 pm »
Spent the last three and a half hours after work giving her a good wash/clay/polish/wax. Looks absolutely beautiful.  :love:
What made me laugh though is the comment made by my neighbour. "You can get it done for a tenner down tesco".

I can understand people treat their cars differently and have variable knowledge about cleaning and detailing but it just frustrates me. You guys must of had snidely comments from your neighbours?

"they" just don't get it. After a bit of education you just get a 'meh, sod it, its only a fiver'. My work colleague bought a new Merc last year, black metallic, 220 sport diesel, fully loaded. He takes it to the £5 car wash every week end. The swirls are mental, they've even managed to put swirls on the diamond cut face alloys....but like I said, £5 or 1-2 hour washing. Although, he did say he tried autosol on one corner of a wheel  :embarrassed: I think he had to do the rest to make them match  :grin:
2007 Black Magic DSG Golf GTI Edition 30. No.1231
.:R32 "milk and juice come in 2 litres"
I run a dirty campervan, need scrubbers

Offline Tortaruga

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 105
« Reply #4608 on: June 05, 2013, 10:40:22 pm »
I didn't have a clue how to wash a car properly until I joined this forum. I'd guess about 90% of car owners don't have a clue either.

The key difference is whether you're a car 'owner' or a car 'enthusiast'.
'07 Red manual

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #4609 on: June 05, 2013, 10:40:47 pm »
Spent the last three and a half hours after work giving her a good wash/clay/polish/wax. Looks absolutely beautiful.  :love:

"they" just don't get it. After a bit of education you just get a 'meh, sod it, its only a fiver'. My work colleague bought a new Merc last year, black metallic, 220 sport diesel, fully loaded. He takes it to the £5 car wash every week end. The swirls are mental, they've even managed to put swirls on the diamond cut face alloys....but like I said, £5 or 1-2 hour washing. Although, he did say he tried autosol on one corner of a wheel  :embarrassed: I think he had to do the rest to make them match  :grin:

Me and Matt (Bignod) spent 10mins one day sat down eating fish n chips opposite a hand car wash.

One of the guys on the chamois cloth drying stage actually dropped it on the wet floor into a load of gravel bits.  :confused:

He shook them off a bit and then continued drying the bonnet of the Beemer  :surprised:

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #4610 on: June 05, 2013, 10:42:05 pm »
^^^^ I've even seen an achingly beautiful, and brand new, Maserati Granturismo in Sainsburys car park getting the full treatment from the £5 retards with a bucket and cloth that hang around in the car parks. Some peeps have more money than sense or they simple DONT give a sh*t as "it's just a car".

:stupid:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Tortaruga

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 105
« Reply #4611 on: June 05, 2013, 10:55:32 pm »
^^^I'd say it's largely ignorance. People just don't know that there is a better method.
'07 Red manual

Offline DBILAS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #4612 on: June 06, 2013, 01:51:46 am »
fitted ecs coilpacks

Offline DBILAS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
    • Email
« Reply #4613 on: June 06, 2013, 01:52:17 am »
well the oem red ones lol

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #4614 on: June 06, 2013, 03:37:20 am »
Boost issue growing worse every data check with no error codes is driving me crazy. :jumping:  Either a sensor is failing or there is a worsening tear in the wastegate-actuator's diaphragm.

So, today I ordered a thrust/hpfp sensor, a MAP/Boost sensor, a Forge K04 actuator and spring kit. I'm going to fix this boost issue one way or D'other ;p

K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline Bignod00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 40
  • Ginsters are sh*tE!!
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,96791.msg959667.html#msg959667
« Reply #4615 on: June 06, 2013, 07:45:25 am »

Me and Matt (Bignod) spent 10mins one day sat down eating fish n chips opposite a hand car wash.

One of the guys on the chamois cloth drying stage actually dropped it on the wet floor into a load of gravel bits.  :confused:

He shook them off a bit and then continued drying the bonnet of the Beemer  :surprised:

That day made me feel  :sick:

The amount of stunning new cars that we saw getting ruined that day was mental.

I admit, I pulled into one the other week and paid a couple of quid for them to just jetwash some epic bird do doo's off my roof and bonnet. The lad said to me "mate, it's only 2 quid more and we'll do the lot, we'll even put ACID on your wheels!!!!!!!!"  :fighting:

4WD Leon Cupra TTE420 K1, maybe slightly modded. :evilgrin:

Offline ajmac

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
« Reply #4616 on: June 06, 2013, 01:40:36 pm »
Got it lowered on eibach sportlines :happy2:

Offline ripmateyy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #4617 on: June 06, 2013, 03:01:26 pm »
 :worthless:

Offline alfboden

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #4618 on: June 06, 2013, 03:02:03 pm »
How are they? My rear springs are corroded. Not sure wether to go with lowering or standard springs.

Black 5dr Edition 30 No. 1045

Offline ajmac

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
« Reply #4619 on: June 06, 2013, 03:33:59 pm »
How are they? My rear springs are corroded. Not sure wether to go with lowering or standard springs.
They seem fine, haven't really driven it enough to find out properly though. Mines only been lowered 30mm all around, so it's not ridiculously low but it's enough to get rid of most of the wheel gap, looks so much better imo :)