Make a donation

Author Topic: retrofit advise and help on highline cluster + seats  (Read 1123 times)

Offline dajackel12

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
retrofit advise and help on highline cluster + seats
« on: June 12, 2011, 11:33:35 pm »
Hey guys,

some of you may be aware that i've been looking to do a few retrofits for my car, well after searching ebay for months I've sourced most of the parts but just need some help on the final details;

Heated seats, I've purchased some leather heated seats and the climate control fascia with the heated seat buttons now just need to buy the correct wiring off kufatec. I'm just slightly confused as to which extra wires I'll need, I know to select the climate option but then do I need the Adjust or Lordose or Both? I've got 1 little circle panel on the side of the seats with 4 groves on it which I assume is electric adjustment but not sure which option to click.

Also in the part where it says Year of construction, does it mean the seats or the car as my car's 2005 and seats are 2008.

Would I also need to get a highline CECM for the seats to work?

I've also managed to source a highline cluster, would I also need a highline CECM/CCM for this to work?

Thanks guys

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
Re: retrofit advise and help on highline cluster + seats
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 07:41:23 pm »
Cant help on the seats other than to say that the wiring for the seats was changed at some point so you need to get the year right or the wiring wont be compatible.

As for the highline computer it will work without the highline (max) CECM and CCM but you wont have certain conveinience menu options without a max CECM and max CCM, if you have a GTI which has fog lights as standard then you should have a max CECM so it will just be the CCM that you need to change.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline dajackel12

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
Re: retrofit advise and help on highline cluster + seats
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 10:26:07 pm »
hey mate

thanks for the reply

unfortunately I can't afford to have a GTI at the moment so stuck with a 1.9tdi  :ashamed: so I think i'll probably need both the CECM and the CCM, Just struggling to find the right part numbers for them as the cars a 54 plate 1.9 tdi and most of the part numbers mentioned here for usually for GTI's.

I'm still trying to figure the heated seat loom out, not sure weather kufatec want the year of the car or the seats.

Hope someone can help!

thanks again