Make a donation

Author Topic: G14OSE - Mk5 Jetta Project - 25/07/11  (Read 18115 times)

psw mk5

Re: G14OSE - Mk5 Jetta Project - 29/06/11
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2011, 06:15:43 pm »
Sweet as.... I'm subscribed toooo...  :congrats:

Offline Conrad The Jellyfish

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: G14OSE - Mk5 Jetta Project - 29/06/11
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2011, 11:26:44 am »
Anywho Update. Modding Me Style, its like Art Attack,

Take on Genuine GTi Grill....

Remove Red stripe strip, number plate surround and un-needed badges....

Then notice, that the chaps at Wolfsburg have left some horrible clip plastic bits for the badge to attach

Use your aerospace diamond tipped rotary cutter to remove the un-needed plastic crud for an OEM+ Look (saves weight dont you know  :P  :D )

Add a lashing of ginger beer...whoops i mean satin black paint, spray red strip satin black also, satin black brand new grill badge and then bond ones Carbon Fibre front grill surround and achieve this....

Excuse the Poop iPhone pics, SLR pics coming soon, along with a chassis notch and split black headlights :)

Offline oldy666

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
    • Email
Re: G14OSE - Mk5 Jetta Project - 25/07/11
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2011, 05:22:15 pm »
looking good buddy. very similar to mine.
I see your after some 20mm spacers too? i have a set that i can't run on as it pokes too much so could be up for a swap with your 10mm

Offline RSam84

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2011, 10:24:56 pm »
what did you use to dye the roof liner? how hard was it to do?

car looks great btw!

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2011, 09:30:18 am »
Cheers Oldy,

Yeah similarish, there both silver Jettas, think were goggn in slightly different directions though which is cool. Think theres Catman on E38 aswellw ith a silver nice and low Jetta :) We'l all have to get together at a show, talk Jettas and let the Mrs natter amongst themselves.

Cheers RSAM84 I sprayed the rooflining and all plastics, took a while to get it perfect but im more than happy :)

Anywho,

Right good news. (Sorry there arent many pics, phone died :( )

Mad Mike Houghton the king of notches in Hull dropped me a text last night giving the go ahead to do the chassis notch and remove the helper springs on the Jetta. Stripped the car down last night which proved a nightmare. Had to remove the lower arm in the end just to gain enough room to get the shocks themselves out after seperating them via impact wrench and stripping it all down.

Good Job we did it though, looks like it was starting to rub.

Picture in action before the camera died.

But all in all, I now have a chassis notch :) So Im happy, now I can go silly low without worrying, only slightly negative is I think I caught an ABS sensor whilst put the struts back together, so ive got the ESP, ABS and Sateering light on :( think I best plug VAG COM in :)

But anywho, More updates soon :)

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2011, 11:04:32 am »
Anywho, i after a 5 hours round trip last night, to Leicester and Back ive practically bank rupted myself :(

But came home with these puppies :)

Seat Leon Cupra K1 Seats in Plum Weir Bridge Leather. Bought them off a top lad called Tom Gilvert based in Leicester. His family were really nice and welcoming and very hospitable. Cna thank them enough and good luck to them in their Worx Saxo testing today.

It comes as a full interior, just making some modifications to the rears then hopefully full interior should be in by next week :) Love the Colour :) Ill bang some proper pictures up tonight, i was knackered form 2 late nights on the car so only had an iPhone pic :)

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2011, 10:33:41 pm »
liking them--look forward to the pics..Did you get the parcel ok :happy2:

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2011, 09:32:47 am »
Hi yes thanks recieved safe and sound, only had a look at one, but they look cool :)

thanks agian :)

Offline flufgti

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2011, 03:16:47 pm »
Rite there were did u pick the wheels up from looking a set of them. Chears.

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2011, 07:38:56 pm »
Looking very nice! Who wrapped your front grille? Also what type of spray did you use for the rooflining? It looks good but dont fancy the £200ish for a black one off ebay!

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline RSam84

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2011, 08:45:04 pm »
nice seats!

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2011, 09:02:50 am »
Rite there were did u pick the wheels up from looking a set of them. Chears.

A friend of mine had them on his Graphite Mk5 golf, but was sellign up to buy a Mk4 R32. He's called Cooper on here:)

Looking very nice! Who wrapped your front grille? Also what type of spray did you use for the rooflining? It looks good but dont fancy the £200ish for a black one off ebay!

I Know a lad whos a vinyl guy by trade been doing it for years! Im selling it if you interested. Im guessing you mean the Jetta grill as im running a genuine carbon fibre gti grill now :)

I used satin black paint, it does look good but is rough to touch, might be better using Auto Glym dye if your going for the soft feel

nice seats!

Cheers Man :)

Anywho

After bolting the car back together, started having a christmas tree effect on my dashboard. ABS, ESP and Steering light on. Emergency and alarm bells starting thinking oh poop.

So anywho, needed to put the arch liners back in and adjust the ride height so thought id investigate. After readjusting the height of the coilies I started having a gander around checking every bolt was nipped up as it was 1:30AM on Wednesday morning last week so I was knackered.

Then stumbled across the culpret and then what it looked like unbolted.

Destroyed just the yellow wire, but thought I might aswell re-solder and wire them back again, I also gave  alittle extra length to allow for a bit more movement as the wires were a little short. Turned over this morning and sorted after a few miles when the ABS cleared its head.

Also got a picture of the chassis notch before I trimmed the arch liner;

This is how its sitting about another 1/2" lower, sorry for the iPhone pics, as soon as I get the interior in and car sat right ill do a proper mini shoot :)

And my headlights have arrived, so ill be splitting and tinting them this week hopefully :)

WORD

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2011, 12:17:24 pm »
loving the mods on your car--glad the parcel got thier ok--

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2011, 09:45:55 am »
Managed to do a few things over the weekend to the Jetta, but was splitting the time between my car and my mates del sol so going to have to get some graft done midweek.

First thing I wanted to do was the remove the rest of the chrome on the front end and try and get it looking black and dark like the grill etc. Trouble is to remove the little over riders, you have to remove the entire front bumper. This is easy on a standard car, however if you’re a bobby knobhead and decide to lower your car, you have to get the front end on the air and get the rims off. So this is how Saturday Started out…

Its simple to remove and to be fair very easy to work on, around 16 torque head screws later under neather and in the arches, and two large torx ontop of the bumper, it simply popped off.

Then it was the strip down, the front side grills come out after one cross head screw in the corner, then popping the clips on the rear out and the vents/over riders come out in one piece. The large centre grill simply pops out.

I then removed the chrome trim surround from the lower grill and keyed it ready for paint. I then masked up the grills and over riders ready to paint them too. After a couple of layers of primer and a couple of satin black they were done. I decided on satin the same as the front end, so everything matched up. I also painted the top of the bumper too, as with the Gti honey comb grill you could easily see the reflex silver through the holes, so I masked up the area and sprayed it satin so that nothing could be seen behind.

Then it was time for the re-fot, about 20mins later it was all bolted back on, I like it but I think it’s a grower, ive been used to having chrome for so long I just need to get used to it all. I think with the carbon grill on it will look a lot nicer.

Im running it with an old broken grill as im rebonding the carbon one to the gti grill so it fits perfect. I also luckily had the help of my mates garage and use the pit (as I get beached on the ramps now :( )so we could give the car a longlife oil service as it was well over due. Managed to grab a cheeky photo but the lighting was crap!!

And that’s it for now, still need to do loads before Festival :(

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2011, 08:46:04 am »
Managed to give the car a pre-festival wash last night, got the carbon grill back on after some rebonding and gave the wheels a quick buff. Still got loads left to do, but went for a few cheeky pictures last night, found a real nice lit area on the industrial estate think they came out quite nice. Coming soon, tinted headlights, another 15mm lower on the front, de-badged rear and last 2 door cards in, along with a detail for festival :)