Make a donation

Author Topic: Locating your old vehicles  (Read 2055 times)

Offline em2evol

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
  • Let's Motorvate!
Locating your old vehicles
« on: June 15, 2011, 02:17:15 pm »
Hi guys

Have been thinking about my motorbike that I sold back in 2007 and I really miss it... Is there any way of tracking an old vehicle down? I've tried the email address of the guy but it came back undelivered... I guess I could send him a letter...! But is there any way digitally? I suppose not but worth a question I guess - I'd love to buy it back one day.

Em

Offline MAT ED30

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
Re: Locating your old vehicles
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 02:34:27 pm »
Dvla web site check it's last mot history and see if it's still on the road

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline em2evol

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Let's Motorvate!
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 03:07:11 pm »
Yeah done that, and it is thank goodness  :-)  I guess posting a letter is the best bet... Or driving 2 hours to see if it's on their driveway! Ha, mad I know...   :laugh:

Offline markymark

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 03:09:16 pm »
Yeah done that, and it is thank goodness  :-)  I guess posting a letter is the best bet... Or driving 2 hours to see if it's on their driveway! Ha, mad I know...   :laugh:
Google street if you know the address?

Offline mole

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 03:19:13 pm »

What if they keep it in the garage?  :P
Mk5 Golf GTI DSG

Offline em2evol

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Let's Motorvate!
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 03:40:13 pm »

What if they keep it in the garage?  :P

Also tried this  :signLOL:  and didn't see any bikes about  :sad1:

Offline JJ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 04:58:52 pm »

I've recently been having the same sentiments about my old oak green Mk2 16 valver which I bought in 1998 and sold in 2007.  I loved that car and put 100,000 miles on it with trips to the Ring and Italy in it and all sorts.      

Imagine my incredulity yesterday, when driving between jobs at work, I see it parked up at the side of the road outside a shop in Wednesbury having never seen it since the day I traded it in and having no clue to whom or where it got sold on to.  I went and found the owner who let me have a sit in it for old times sake and we had a good old chat for ages.  He casually mentioned something about selling it soon and has taken my number giving me first refusal.  Do I or don't I...?!  It was really good to see it again...

Took some phots with me Blackberry yesterday including the one above.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 05:07:25 pm by JJ »

Offline em2evol

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Let's Motorvate!
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 05:05:26 pm »

I've recently been having the same sentiments about my old oak green Mk2 16 valver which I bought in 1998 and sold in 2007.  I loved that car and put 100,000 miles on it with trips to the Ring and Italy in it and all sorts.      

Imagine my incredulity yesterday, when driving between jobs at work yesterday, I see it parked up at the side of the road outside a shop having never seen it since the day I traded it in and having no clue to whom or where it got sold on to.  I went and found the owner who let me have a sit in it for old times sake and we had a good old chat for ages.  He casually mentioned something about selling it soon and has taken my number giving me first refusal.  Do I or don't I...?!

Took some phots with me Blackberry yesterday including the one above.

Oh my god that's so cool! You must have been well chuffed   :laugh:  Think my bike ended up in Kent somewhere so unlikely to see it around Berkshire...  But that's fantastic that you found your long lost beauty - I'd definitely start saving the pennies so that when he comes to sell you can be in there   :signLOL:  The only thing with that of course (and if I find my old bike) is that the owners will know that we want them back so may charge us more than they otherwise would   :confused:  But, tbh I'd pay more for my bike... although I actually think it's worth more anyway now   :sad1:

Offline JJ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 05:13:30 pm »
I couldn't believe my eyes mate!  I think the present owner could tell how amazed I was and was only too happy to come out and let me have a look round it.  It's had some money spent on it since I let it go and I think I know how much he might be looking for if he comes to sell it and it's money I don't have at the minute.  It's a really good, original example with all the paperwork, every receipt and all that.  It'll be a good buy for someone.  I'd also be concerned it wouldn't be the same car I enjoyed for all those years plus I've got a Mk5 GTi to take care of these days.

If you turn you're old ride up Em, I hope you get "that" feeling back with it!  

Offline scotta

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 15
  • Edition 30
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 10:42:55 pm »
I once came across my old Saxo that i had bought brand new in B&Q. Spoke to the guy who owned it - said it had cost him a bloody fortune and that the driveshafts and diff needed replaced. Oh well!

I deffo wouldnt buy it back after the two years of leathering it got from its first owner!!

Offline em2evol

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Let's Motorvate!
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 09:45:37 am »
I couldn't believe my eyes mate!  I think the present owner could tell how amazed I was and was only too happy to come out and let me have a look round it.  It's had some money spent on it since I let it go and I think I know how much he might be looking for if he comes to sell it and it's money I don't have at the minute.  It's a really good, original example with all the paperwork, every receipt and all that.  It'll be a good buy for someone.  I'd also be concerned it wouldn't be the same car I enjoyed for all those years plus I've got a Mk5 GTi to take care of these days.

If you turn you're old ride up Em, I hope you get "that" feeling back with it!  

Thanks, I'm sure I would - I loved that bike so much... And at least there's not much you can do to a bike to make it different from how it's always been  :smiley: