Make a donation

Author Topic: I want to shoot some sh*t up  (Read 3570 times)

Offline tony_danza

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
Re: I want to shoot some sh*t up
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2011, 12:30:44 pm »
The Yanks are awesome shots, so long as you tell them it's a civilian or ally target... Cheap flight to Croatia or similar will bag you some dangerous stuff too.
Sideways yo!

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2011, 01:06:12 pm »
That's cos you need the extra practise,  anything smaller than a barn door needn't worry was what I heard..... :booty:
Couldn't hit the water if he fell out of a boat.....................

It's not my fault if the targets all move at the last minute :sad1: :laugh:

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2011, 03:02:56 pm »
That's cos you need the extra practise,  anything smaller than a barn door needn't worry was what I heard..... :booty:
Couldn't hit the water if he fell out of a boat.....................

It's not my fault if the targets all move at the last minute :sad1: :laugh:

Good Comeback.................... :congrats:

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2011, 10:17:25 pm »
sooo, uk gun laws a bit too nanny state really! Pointless really seeing how easy it is to get hold of a gun....

Offline Gti_Mad

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2011, 11:27:30 pm »
sooo, uk gun laws a bit too nanny state really! Pointless really seeing how easy it is to get hold of a gun....

My thoughts exactly poverty  :stupid:

Had the ED30, but not got the balls.

Mk5 silver 5door Ed30 1707- now sold
Mk6 silver 3door Golf R- current

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2011, 09:28:53 am »
I don't agree that the UK Gun laws are too nanny state. We have them for good reason.

Honestly you are not missing much and if you want to know what it feels like to fire say an M16 then get your mate to give you a jovial punch in the shoulder. :laugh:

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2011, 08:27:54 pm »
Mate.....

Go to the US on a weekend break, I'm on an annual course in Orlando and it's a regular thing now where the instructors take us to a range or two and blow 2-300 bucks on ammo!

The instructors each have a variety of pistols one guy has twin .45's (saving private Ryan pistol) so loosing off a couple of clips with one in each hand is just mental good fun.

If you pick the right range you can rent AK's, M16's, Mach 10's. You'll probably have somebody from the Sheriffs department in the next lane on a Saturday morning doing a revalidation......if you compare it to the UK it's a little surreal.

Once was next to an 85 year old Granny who could shoot the cock off a fly, she left and ordered up some special home defence ammo (the mercury tipped stuff that explodes on impact), couldn't help feel sorry for the punk who was going to climb her stairs in the middle of the night.

So do some research and get yourself stateside, so much more fun than over here.....it's a bucket list item IMHO

Only place I have seen a family water park on one side of the road and firing range on the other(Int nat Dr) where you rent your own Uzi. mental!

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2011, 08:46:06 pm »
I don't agree that the UK Gun laws are too nanny state. We have them for good reason.

Hungerford and Dunblaine spring to mind. :fighting:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2011, 08:20:20 pm »
:signLOL:

Now that ive got your attention, are there any shooting ranges in the UK where you can just go along and shoot some guns at targets? I dont want to become a member or anything as it will just be a one off for a female friend who for some reason wants to go shooting.

Cheers  :happy2:

Have you tried the new Audi  shooting range near Vagoc just by Tring. I have heard even if you shoot at the new target called the megane 265 Trophy,  the bullets bend in flight and end up hitting the TTRS target.  :wink:

Offline MattPoss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2011, 09:20:21 pm »

Now that ive got your attention, are there any shooting ranges in the UK where you can just go along and shoot some guns at targets? I dont want to become a member or anything as it will just be a one off for a female friend who for some reason wants to go shooting.

Cheers  :happy2:

Have you tried the new Audi  shooting range near Vagoc just by Tring. I have heard even if you shoot at the new target called the megane 265 Trophy,  the bullets bend in flight and end up hitting the TTRS target.  :wink:

Mk5 Golf GTI - DSG, BBS VZ's, S3 Front Brakes, Electric Seats, R32 Rear Lights, Xenon's, Colour Coded........