Make a donation

Author Topic: Possible suspension issue? Gt  (Read 1310 times)

Chrisb

Possible suspension issue? Gt
« on: June 17, 2011, 08:57:16 am »
Hi all,

So i am new to vw golfs..but i have a question.

How does the ride feel on your gti's?..mine is a gt

At the moment my car feels like it is feeling every bump in the road and a constant vibration through steering wheel/pedals but not like a wheel balancing issue, not shaking at certain speeds.

Only thing i have done is put on 2 new michelin ps3's.

Tyre pressures are fine and i trust the person i had my balancing done by..i have had the tracking/balancing checked also this week. The wheels are not buckled.
Could it be a sign of a wheel bearing on its way out??

Dont know if its just me or the roads around here, just feels uncomfy and not enjoyable to drive. I know the gt is lowered slighly also.
Prob going to have to take it to vw,still under warranty.

I also had work done on the timing chain etc but car pulls well...how do you know if your coil packs are on the way out??....

Any advise what to check or is this how the gt is built. Sorry for so many questions, just want to enjoy my car without feeling irratated driving it..

Thanks for any help..Chris

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 15
Re: Possible suspension issue? Gt
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 11:37:30 am »
Hi there, i had a vibration through everything, not an enjoyable one i hasten to add, but the engine also became louder as the months went by, finally had my front 2 wheel bearings replaced, problem solved, so yes, it could be that!! Cost me £412.00, but was well worth it in my eyes!! At same time, i had 4 new PS3's, so with both done, the ride and reduced noise made me smile again!!

Offline D19 STE

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: Possible suspension issue? Gt
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 12:10:04 pm »
I have a 2.0 GT FSi and my ride feels spot on, it is a very comfortable ride and have no issues with mine what you have with your GT  :confused:

Also I have no vibration through my steering wheel so that's ok for me.

You say you've put new tyres on, I assume these are on the front from how your talking, if that's the case is it possible to swap the front wheels to the back and backs to front if you didn't have this issue before just to try and eliminate the tyre/wheel affecting your steering wheel vibration  :confused: