Make a donation

Author Topic: RS Megane sets new FWD record at the ring  (Read 27432 times)

Offline Poverty

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
Re: RS Megane sets new FWD record at the ring
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2011, 08:31:24 pm »
So a non stripped megane sport on road tyres is quicker that a track focused, stripped out megane sport on track tyres. Yeahhhhh comeon the new one is good but not that good.

Wheres the hard evidence

It's called evolution.

Do you seriously think they'd make such a claim without evidence, the kind of claim that's going to be scrutinised in minute detail by everyone in the car industry looking for any reason to discredit it??

You mean like GTR?

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2011, 08:32:16 pm »
I love the fact you cant get over it's done it and beat your car stock  :rolleye: it's been done simple no tricks it's just been done simple

Why are you so obessed with my car  :signLOL:

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2011, 08:37:34 pm »
I don't  :P I just don't see the point of thinking your car can't be beat by a stock hot hatch. Oh it's not the car it's just how you word things  :smiley: I like your car lots being honest.

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2011, 08:39:44 pm »
your car got spanked by a 2.0 hatch back :grin: thought these TTRS's were fast  must be all the understeer everyone seems to complain of :booty:

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2011, 08:40:33 pm »
the RS megane is a focused track car , the steering and suspension set up is brilliant only car ive driven better is an areial atom , its not frightenly fast but the drive makes up for this
most standard RS250 s are making 260 - 270 on the rollers so the 265 trophy is probably on the conservative side too  :driver:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2011, 08:46:17 pm »
most standard RS250 s are making 260 - 270 on the rollers so the 265 trophy is probably on the conservative side too  :driver:

was that on Superchips rollers?  dont buy it to be honest.  i reckon its just generous rollers,

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2011, 08:53:22 pm »
This thread will go to rat sh*t if you start talking about dynos. The only figures that matter are driving ones and this car was not to shabby around the ring.  :happy2:

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2011, 09:10:06 pm »
As td has said lots doing mad times in stock cars, Renault put a lot and time and effort into the ring times, maybe others don't, but their doors don't fall off :signLOL: you buy what you buy, build, image and comfort or a car that for the money will give you the best driving pleasure with 4 seats and cheapish running costs, as for the haters coming up with stupid things like tyres, get a grip.
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2011, 09:20:27 pm »
I remember the first (or was it second) Forum trip.  There was a old Golf/jetta travelling rather quickly, belching smoke.

It lapped quicker than any of the forum cars.

Reason, the chap was local, and he knew the track.  T'was only a Std 90 Hp diesel IIRC.  Knowledge allowed him to carry straight speed into the corners.  

The last trip Steve P lapped fairly fast in a 1.6 Suzuki swift...........  Corners a plenty, if you can get round them quickly,  I figure you can lap fairly quickly.

I have noticed the TTRS doth under-steer at times, but it does me.

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2011, 09:22:35 pm »
I remember the first (or was it second) Forum trip.  There was a old Golf/jetta travelling rather quickly, belching smoke.

It lapped quicker than any of the forum cars.

Reason, the chap was local, and he knew the track.  T'was only a Std 90 Hp diesel IIRC.  Knowledge allowed him to carry straight speed into the corners.  

The last trip Steve P lapped fairly fast in a 1.6 Suzuki swift...........  Corners a plenty, if you can get round them quickly,  I figure you can lap fairly quickly.

I have noticed the TTRS doth under-steer at times, but it does me.
 :congrats:
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2011, 09:35:06 pm »
ps the TTRS is still a great A-B car.   :wink:  and way way outshines my driving talents.  It is a very quick car, but not satisfyingly quick if you know what i mean.

Quick is ZX-7R, R1, 748 SPS now they are satisfyingly quick!  and yes I can ride a quick bike quickly.  They are all bikes i have owned, tested a GSXR 1000, and it was too quick and too much for me.  I only drive/ride as fast as my guardian angel can fly............

although the TTRS can carry hair straighteners.......................Not that I need any!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 10:20:09 pm by QD »

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2011, 10:12:23 pm »
QD  :notworthy:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline MattPoss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2011, 10:47:29 pm »
Quick is ZX-7R, R1, 748 SPS now they are satisfyingly quick!  and yes I can ride a quick bike quickly.  They are all bikes i have owned, tested a GSXR 1000, and it was too quick and too much for me.  I only drive/ride as fast as my guardian angel can fly..............

I 100% agree, anyone that wants to feel speed and acceleration needs to go on a bike

Matt
Mk5 Golf GTI - DSG, BBS VZ's, S3 Front Brakes, Electric Seats, R32 Rear Lights, Xenon's, Colour Coded........

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=vr8cjg2dk9hdcgrpbfe50larru&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2011, 10:52:46 pm »
Quick is ZX-7R, R1, 748 SPS now they are satisfyingly quick!  and yes I can ride a quick bike quickly.  They are all bikes i have owned, tested a GSXR 1000, and it was too quick and too much for me.  I only drive/ride as fast as my guardian angel can fly..............

I 100% agree, anyone that wants to feel speed and acceleration followed by death needs to go on a bike

Matt

:grin:

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2011, 11:59:31 pm »
I don't  :P I just don't see the point of thinking your car can't be beat by a stock hot hatch. Oh it's not the car it's just how you word things  :smiley: I like your car lots being honest.

This has nothing to do with it beating my car around the track I dont know why you mentioned it to be honest? I know what my car is capable of as proven by members on VAGOC who are amateur racers, one of whom just so happens to rally his and happens to beat ALL the GT3 porkas, lamborghini superlegarri etc to name a few.

What im contesting that simply physics would suggest that without a considerable power hike or weight reduction the new megane rs trophy shouldnt be that much quicker than the previous track focused version regardless of "evolution" without the cars suspension having been optimised for this attempt and perhaps some other elements such as power output and tyres. I mean just look at the ferrari saga of the lengths they go to, to manipulate results and also the nissan GTR ring time that no independant magazine has managed to come close to matching....

We will soon find out if this car is as good as this PR ploy by renault would suggest once in independant hands. Until then I wouldnt put too much faith in a manufacturers claim, believe it or not they dont always play by the rules.

P.S

I still dont know why or how the ttrs got brought into this
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 12:02:12 am by Poverty »