Make a donation

Author Topic: RS Megane sets new FWD record at the ring  (Read 27452 times)

Offline Poverty

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
Re: RS Megane sets new FWD record at the ring
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2011, 12:16:08 am »
Mental time if it's simply just a 15bhp ECU tweak over the standard 250.. But I do feel there is more to it somewhere considering it's seen off both the TTRS and 1M..  :surprised:

Ahhh so this is how its started.

I wouldnt be corncerned about that at all mate. What we have here is renault coming to the track with aim to beat a certain time.

The TTRS and 1M however are "sandbagged" by the company to fit in with the pricing hierachy. Sportauto who wouldnt have had the resources like renault did, yet still managed a 8.09 in the ttrs. The rs4 did a 7.58 with audi yet the TTRS and 1M are quicker than the rs4 around many tracks.

Anyway we both know our fettled cars will see off any non big turbo megane with ease, fwd is for pre-schoolers.  :laugh:  :P

I like to kick the ass end out on my TT, and the understeer is now gone thanks to supersports.

Oh yeah btw my mate who buys and sells cars the one with the 135i had a c63 AMG the other day and we had some plays. Both the TT and the bright blue porka where quicker. Theres also a tubi'd gallardo which is also not as quick as the two of us! Looks and sounds the business though, its flames even just driving around town lol
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 12:18:30 am by Poverty »

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2011, 06:28:57 am »
This thread Gets better, a megane can't go round a track that fast but my supercar slaying tt on the other hand! Let me tell you what it can do, lol
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2011, 08:20:50 am »
This thread Gets better, a megane can't go round a track that fast but my supercar slaying tt on the other hand! Let me tell you what it can do, lol
:laugh: :laugh:     :popcornsoda:

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2011, 08:24:08 am »
It's just a shame you have to spend so much money to get the TTRS's handling to the level it should be fresh out the factory.

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2011, 08:35:29 am »
It's just a shame you have to spend so much money to get the TTRS's handling to the level it should be fresh out the factory.

What a set of ARB's  :signLOL:

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2011, 08:37:20 am »

Ok maybe it can with some assistance from renault engineers, but if I bought one, gave it to horstvonsaurma of sportauto and he took it round the ring do you think he will even get within 5 secs of this time? Maybe 10 secs?

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2011, 08:39:00 am »

i must admit Pov is right, a set of Arb's sorts the understeer.

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2011, 08:41:09 am »

i must admit Pov is right, a set of Arb's sorts the understeer.

The weird thing is since fitting the supersport tyres which where designed alongside porsche to help rid high performance cars of understeer, has managed to do just that. The car grips in, I can apply the power and the thing just holds the line. So much grip its mental!

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2011, 09:09:58 am »

Ok maybe it can with some assistance from renault engineers, but if I bought one, gave it to horstvonsaurma of sportauto and he took it round the ring do you think he will even get within 5 secs of this time? Maybe 10 secs?
Yeah, I do a 9 min full lap, do you think a race driver with a better car on a closed circuit can't go 50 sec faster than me :stupid: get over it
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2011, 09:21:35 am »
In much the same way as the MKV was massively better than the MKIV chassis, the RS250 is over the R26.R.

The problem with the R26.R was the shell was essentially made of jelly (compared to the RS250, it's still better than most in its class of the time), so although it had fantastic underpinnings, it was compromised.

VW increased stiffness by something stupid like 60% iirc over the MKIV with new laser welding and build techniques. The Megane is the same, it's amazing the difference a stiff shell makes on a car, which is why race cars are seam welded.

I don't doubt for a second that Renault played with the geo etc to maximise their chances, but there won't have been anything different on the car that you won't find on yours off the shelf and it's nothing you can't get done down your local geo shop for £100.

Horst von Saurma got the RS250 around in 8.29. More power, which will make a massive difference on the long drag up Kesselchen, different tyres (Bridgestone vs MPS2) and a geo tweak? I'd wager he'd get the Trophy within 10 seconds.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 09:25:32 am by tony_danza »
Sideways yo!

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2011, 09:41:28 am »

Oh yeah btw my mate who buys and sells cars the one with the 135i had a c63 AMG the other day and we had some plays. Both the TT and the bright blue porka where quicker. Theres also a tubi'd gallardo which is also not as quick as the two of us! Looks and sounds the business though, its flames even just driving around town lol

What a crock of s***.

Oh no, wait. I've got a video of me passing a TTRS like it was going backwards at Oulton - so therefore my Clio was faster than a Gallardo too  :P
Sideways yo!

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2011, 09:52:37 am »
There's only one way to sort this out.....

Get the forum to buy a Megane Trophy and get Poverty's TTRS and then give them to the Stig's northern cousin to go around the 'ring and compare.....

Some say his fingers are made from pure chip butty fat and that his eyes glow down northern coalmines...

All we know is that it's not the Stig, but his northern cousin.....Hurdy :signLOL: :driver:
Golf R gone.

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2011, 10:04:53 am »

Yeah, I do a 9 min full lap, do you think a race driver with a better car on a closed circuit can't go 50 sec faster than me :stupid: get over it

Erm how exactly did you manage to do a full lap wi without hiring thetrack?

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2011, 10:05:43 am »
I love this my car Is better than a French car thing  :signLOL: did you buy the wrong car pov  :popcornsoda: you did but you need to argue and state your car Is the best and fastest thing on the road and can beat a turbo set up lambo  :rolleye: you best contact top gear and evo mag and let them know.

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2011, 10:09:26 am »

What a crock of s***.

Oh no, wait. I've got a video of me passing a TTRS like it was going backwards at Oulton - so therefore my Clio was faster than a Gallardo too  :P

Are you on facebook,? Add me, I will add you into outr car group and you can ask my mate with the gallardo himself whether my tt ad my mates Porsche turbo is quicker. He honestly doesn't care, as he's got a Evo which makes me look like I'm trying.

And mat it's a TUBI exhaust lambo, not a turbo ya muppet loool