Make a donation

Author Topic: I would appreciate some tyres advice, please....  (Read 13463 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: I would appreciate some tyres advice, please....
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2011, 09:19:12 am »
Hi Robin,

Try this site, I found the Assy 2's for £125 fitted each :happy2:

http://www.tyre-shopper.co.uk/

Graeme

....The question will be whether they will supply only. I get free fitting from my VW dealer anyway and I trust their work.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2011, 04:49:56 pm »
Put it this way, if you owned a tyre shop and someone offered you the supply & fit price for just supply, what would you say? :drool:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline 56OctyVRS

• Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 72
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2011, 06:00:15 pm »
I purchased some toyo t1 sports on Monday and am very impressed with them.  Got them for just over £100 fitted and the difference in the grip on the rear is immense. It didnt feel like that on the old tyres when they were new.  Im getting some fitted to the fronts next month :grin:   The sidewalls are very rigid and they have dual compound from the inside to the outside edge and are very similar in pattern to the Conti Sport 3s.  Well worth a consideration!
Frozen White Ford Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium.
Mods so far - Superchips Bluefin, High Flow Air Box

Offline Frenzy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2011, 10:10:09 pm »
I purchased some toyo t1 sports on Monday and am very impressed with them.  Got them for just over £100 fitted and the difference in the grip on the rear is immense. It didnt feel like that on the old tyres when they were new.  Im getting some fitted to the fronts next month :grin:   The sidewalls are very rigid and they have dual compound from the inside to the outside edge and are very similar in pattern to the Conti Sport 3s.  Well worth a consideration!

Sounds good, where did you get them from? I'm probably going to replace all 4 corners at once but can't decide on Vreds, Goodyears or Mich PS2s plus there may be the Toyos you mention to consider.

Offline 56OctyVRS

• Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 72
« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2011, 10:35:00 pm »
I got them from Selecta Tyre in Newark, Nottinghamshire.  Been going to them for years so they always give me a good price :happy2:
Frozen White Ford Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium.
Mods so far - Superchips Bluefin, High Flow Air Box