Make a donation

Author Topic: Respray Question  (Read 3215 times)

Offline jmspear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 11
Re: Respray Question
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2011, 08:13:52 am »
Due to the stone chips on my bonnet and bumper it would have been difficult to blow the paint into the other panels apparently, nobody told me this at the time of it going in though !

Its difficult for us to do the job properly so we won't bother, priceless, I would have kicked up merry hell, blending (i.e. so it can't be seen unless you are an expert) the wing into the door, bonnet and bumper is part of the repair process, what they said is crap, paint work is a skill that's why you only take your pride and joy to a skilled bodywork guy.

Offline nads1_uk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 9
Re: Respray Question
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2011, 10:23:28 am »
Due to the stone chips on my bonnet and bumper it would have been difficult to blow the paint into the other panels apparently, nobody told me this at the time of it going in though !

Its difficult for us to do the job properly so we won't bother, priceless, I would have kicked up merry hell, blending (i.e. so it can't be seen unless you are an expert) the wing into the door, bonnet and bumper is part of the repair process, what they said is crap, paint work is a skill that's why you only take your pride and joy to a skilled bodywork guy.

I totally agree however from my experiences I've seen more skilled chimps than my VW bodyshop!!!