Make a donation

Author Topic: Grrr - This is why our country is in such a 5h1t state  (Read 3844 times)

Offline vRStu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: Grrr - This is why our country is in such a 5h1t state
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 02:17:50 pm »
For those of us who cannot load the iplayer (iphone) or do not wish to do so, any chance of a summary of the programme?

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 02:21:08 pm »
It's about a few Scottish families that really have little interest in anything except crime, benefits, smoking and drugs.  Oh and of course getting pregnant, pissed and smoking in bed or watching their big flat screen TV's.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00sjs1t

An observed documentary series following the dramatic and often emotional highs and lows of daily life for six different families all living in one large housing scheme in Kilmarnock. From parents battling to keep their kids on the straight and narrow to people fighting for community projects, the series offers a snapshot of life in modern day Scotland.
Marvin and his dog Bullet are reunited with an old flame while another family struggle to deal with one of their children being jailed. Single mum Kay decides to take in three of her teenage daughter's friends.

Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 02:43:02 pm »
 :signLOL: dog was cute  :laugh:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 02:47:56 pm »

An observed documentary series following the dramatic and often emotional highs and lows of daily life for six different families all living in one large housing scheme in Kilmarnock. From parents battling to keep their kids on the straight and narrow to people fighting for community projects, the series offers a snapshot of life in modern day Scotland.
Marvin and his dog Bullet are reunited with an old flame while another family struggle to deal with one of their children being jailed. Single mum Kay decides to take in three of her teenage daughter's friends.

....That's enough information to tell me I don't want to watch it - Feckin' ignorant scum!! :fighting: It's not just in Scotland either.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 03:57:04 pm »
 :congrats: Thanks Robin, no it is a wider societal issue. These feckless wastrels exist from John O'Groats to Lands End.

Its been on up here for some time and I cannot bring myself to watch and be infected by these scumsucking tossers.

People watch it more in pity than anything else. I have done everything in my life to insulate me against this kind of vermin, suggest no one watches it.

Offline MJR

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 04:59:40 pm »
LoL that programme was filmed last year in Kilmarnock which is not far from me, about 15mins.
One of the women that was on it, now lives in my town  :signLOL:

Sadly to say, there are people like that everywhere in the UK  :sad1:
At least BBC Scotland had the guts to actually do a documentary on the subject and show us "normal" people what a bunch of wasters they really are!
Bye Bye VW Candy White Golf GTi  :'-(  (sadly missed!)
Bye Bye Ford Fiesta TDCi Zetec! (piece of s**t!) lol
Hello Honda Accord GT Tourer! schaweet!

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 05:01:01 pm »
Guy's don't for one minute think i'm singling out the Jocks here, it's rife UK wide and that's the problem.
Stu...

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 05:04:21 pm »
The concern is that others see this as a "how to" rather than a situation to avoid.  :surprised:

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 05:19:06 pm »
Take the unemployed family who take their son to court.  They set of in a reasonable Ford Focus and the keen eye will spot the Disabled Badge in the windscreen.  They then rock up at the court and park in the disabled bay none of them having any issues with mobility or walking.  You know that it's a pretty fair bet that the car is Motability funded.  Later in the program you see the large flat TV on the wall, computer, laptop etc and they are all smoking quite a lot of fags. Son 2 says there is nothing to do but get wasted, doesn't even occur to him he could go and look for a job or do something with himself.

That's just the start of it.
Stu...

Offline Bennett vrs

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 06:21:18 pm »
I'm from Kilmarnock and have in laws from "the scheme". The program filmed idiots playing up for the cameras at every opportunity. In all fairness to onthanks it's not that bad, has it's bad bots yeah but it's ruined the reputation of Kilmarnock just with a few idiots. I work in Glasgow and where the scheme is filmed isn't a patch on most of the areas I work in, probably because if a camera crew went there they wouldn't come back out with a camera. The governments to blame, it's far to easy for the idiots to live without working and to play the system, I anything it's just getting worse!

Offline simonp

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 38
  • No longer a Golfer
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 06:30:28 pm »
For those of us who cannot load the iplayer (iphone) or do not wish to do so, any chance of a summary of the programme?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mobile/iplayer

Works brilliantly on an iPhone.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2011, 07:45:05 pm »
Oh you are frikkin kidding me!!! I missed the last two eps of Masterchef and couldn't catch up on PS3 because PSN was down. No idea I could have used iPhone!

As for this type of scum, loads of them but they still are only a small minority of people who claim benefits. The number of immigrants claiming benefits is even smaller. I hate thkse who illegally claim benefits but it's small fry compared to the tax owed by UK businesses. I've seen figured about the £4-9 billion mark bandied around. Get companies to pay tax and you'd put a huge step forward to sorting out financial debt.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=qt7ho7af87123vfjmh7fbu05ki&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2011, 09:34:06 pm »
Problem is that the government make it too easy for these low life scum bags to do feck all and still end up with a nice little wage paid for by us. It's bad that they abuse the systems but its worse that the knobs who run our country do almost nothing to stop it happening.

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 32
  • All donations accepted, thanks.
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2011, 10:19:03 pm »
Just like a day at work  :laugh: