Make a donation

Author Topic: What Are Your Revo Settings?  (Read 34254 times)

Offline tony_danza

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
Re: What Are You're Revo Settings?
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2009, 09:40:00 pm »
Just out of interest, what figures are Stage2 K03 cars with a TBE realistically making?
Sideways yo!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2009, 09:46:10 pm »

he is trying to find out what the car is doing wrong so put on the dyno to see outputs and vagcom logs i think

....Exactly.

This is when a dyno (preferably run by someone who already knows the car and has logs to be compared to) can be a very useful diagnostic tool.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2009, 09:48:52 pm »

Just out of interest, what figures are Stage2 K03 cars with a TBE realistically making?

....Mine's 240-ish when B6 / T5 / F9.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2009, 10:05:51 pm »

Mine is 245 - so I'd say 240-250 realistically!
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2009, 09:26:04 pm »
What problems are you having Illyun????  :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Well I had my car remapped to Stage 2 back in November last year and it has been running fine.  The day before Santa Pod on the 31st Jan, I went to Northampton Motorsport as recommended by Revo because I was in a hurry to get Stage 2+ for RWYB and I had not been able to get to JKM in time the day before.  Anyway, they put the code on and I went happily thinking I had approx 350bhp... though it didn't seem much different.  My Santa Pod times weren't that good - best was 13.67s 1/4 mile, but that was put down to having a full tank of fuel, a Revo boost setting of only 5 and only 1 go on the strip - and for the first time.  Plus the front wheels were at 1.6mm so I thought the time would be better when I these shortcomings had been resolved next time. 

I was getting my boost gauge fitted by JKM early this month and thought I should also get the car settings sorted and the car RR'd to make sure everything was running as it should be.  I spent a whole day at JKM and Keith told me that the car was having problems.  It had been dyno'd at 321bhp back in November when I had Stage 2 installed and despite now having Stage 2+, it was still making 320bhp?!  :sad:  Also, boost was set to 9 and not 5 as I had requested.  Keith initially suspected that the code hadn't been installed correctly, but when he reinstalled Stage 2+ on, it made no difference. 

I had to rebook the car in and Keith had a few discussions with Revo HQ who were/are adament that the code is fine and that there was/is an issue with the car. 

I went back to JKM on Thursday 12th and left the car overnight.  Keith went through a lot of things and found that there was an issue with lean fuel after 4k rpm  which is potentially serious as it can damage the engine - although I am not sure exactly how and why.  Basically, Keith did all the usual checks and tests, checking for vacuum leaks and even replacing the fuel pump, fuel filter etc... but couldn't find the problem in that time.  Oh, he had to fit a Carbon Fibre bonnet at the same time which took some time up  :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:  Priorities and all that  :grin: :grin: :grin:  He produced a report for me that describes the work carried out which I have inserted below.   

The lean fuel issue disappears for lower boost settings (and therefore lower power) and the car is currently running safely at 255bhp, boost 1 on Stage 2+ software - basically on stock settings although the power isn't stock due to the exhaust, APR fuel pump etc...

I recieved an e-mail from Keith last Monday and he suspects a certain area in the data output as he kindly looked through the data produced over the weekend.  I had the car booked in for Thursday and Friday just gone but unfortunately for Keith, his father-in-law passed away and he was not at JKM during those days.  The car is booked for next Wednesday and Thursday now and I am hoping the issue is sorted in time for the GTI Spring Festival  :sad:   The car is also due for VWRacing Race-spec aluminium engine mounts - 3 in all - and top mounts for neg camber on Tuesday at VWR  :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:  Hopefully, once this issue is sorted, I'll only need suspension polybushes all round, brakes and CF rear hatch, rear spoiler, wings and door mirrors to finish it off - due much later this year when/if my bank account recovers.  My thoughts are already moving onto the R32 and 450bhp  :evilgrin: :evilgrin: C2 Motorsports are doing a great turbo conversion for around £6k which is much cheaper than HPA... Only problem is that I have to wait until the warranty runs out in 2 years and 6 months before I contemplate that as its my wife's car and I'd have to get her something else as a replacement.  Excuse to get a Mk6 GTI in 2012 methinks  :evilgrin: :evilgrin:
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 09:31:49 pm by illyun »

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2009, 09:29:11 pm »
what a nightmare! :rolleye:

SOLD!! :(
VW GTI Edition 30 No. 0551
Revo Stage2+ (LT) | Evoms Intake, K&N Filter | VWR LSD | Milltek R32 TBE | VWR Engine Mounts | VWR Big Front & S3 Rear Brakes | VWR Springs |  VWR Shortshift | SuperPro Bushes |  Recaro Seats

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2009, 09:31:12 pm »
The only good thing about the problem is that it has got significantly worse since I took it into JKM early this month - acutally, it was late Feb I think - compared to when it was on the dyno a week ago.  I'm no mechanical expert, but to me this points maybe to a physical problem somewhere - maybe like a leak - which is getting worse and worse with more pressure applied over time.  

Offline KRL

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2009, 11:54:43 pm »
Make sure you keep us updated.  Sorry to hear about your problems and they get sorted soon  :happy2:

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2009, 07:35:17 am »
Make sure you keep us updated.  Sorry to hear about your problems and they get sorted soon  :happy2:

Are you Kevin from Revo? 

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2009, 10:04:50 am »

Are you Kevin from Revo? 

....Have you not met KRL aka Karl, famous Red Baron of the Luftwaffe?

:evilgrin:

On a more serious note, would it be a good idea to transfer/copy your problems and the very useful info you are posting, illyun, to a separate topic under Troubleshooting? My thinking is only that it could be a thread for valuable reference.

:happy2:
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 10:08:36 am by RedRobin »

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2009, 10:22:58 am »
I was wondering if it was Karl, but he normally uses 'Karl' as a username, hence my confusion  :confused:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2009, 10:55:30 am »
^^^^
And to add further to any confusion, at Revo it's Carl rather than Karl.

Offline KRL

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2009, 11:21:28 am »

Are you Kevin from Revo? 

No just an interested bystander.

I do agree that it sounds like a HW problem and it is likely you have a leak somewhere.  Have you checked the condition of your PCV?

If you have VCDS could you post some logs up?  I can advise which blocks to monitot etc if need be.

Offline KRL

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2009, 11:22:34 am »

Are you Kevin from Revo? 

....Have you not met KRL aka Karl, famous Red Baron of the Luftwaffe?

:evilgrin:

:signLOL:

Offline luca

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2009, 11:23:58 am »
Revo stage 2, tbe and panel filter
Settings were set to B7 T7 F9 by an approved revo dealer ADS in preston
Car made 330bhp 350lbft
Clutch had a little slip after a few k miles with these settings so i spoke to carl at revo and he suggested to set the car at
B6 T5 F9 until the clutch is sorted :smiley:, funny thing is, the car doesnt feel much slower and there is no slip :happy2:.

Tornado red ED30, Revo stage 2, ITG Panel filter, 3" Blueflame turbo back exhaust, leon cupra front brakes, ecs dogbone mount, WALK kit, Eibach sportlines, Satin black Monza II's, VWR/sachs paddle clutch