Make a donation

Author Topic: What Are Your Revo Settings?  (Read 34228 times)

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
Re: What Are You're Revo Settings?
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2009, 12:27:57 am »

I think that Revo assume V-Power is used and tune accordingly.

I'm not saying that Tesco 99 isn't up to it though and I expect that it's the octane which is important.

:happy2:

Actually, if you speak to Revo, they will tell you that Tesco 99 is their fuel of choice, because it is a lot more stable than V-Power, and that this was particularly apparent during hot weather.  When they were developing maps using V-Power, they said they basically had to rewrite the code for every new tank of V-Power, whereas with Tesco 99, they didn't need to.

I would strongly recommend you switch to Tesco 99 - if it is available in your locality.
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2009, 02:25:35 pm »

Ah well, V-Power is certainly good enough and my loyalties have always been with Shell.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2009, 02:28:05 pm »

I think that Revo assume V-Power is used and tune accordingly.

I'm not saying that Tesco 99 isn't up to it though and I expect that it's the octane which is important.

:happy2:

Actually, if you speak to Revo, they will tell you that Tesco 99 is their fuel of choice, because it is a lot more stable than V-Power, and that this was particularly apparent during hot weather.  When they were developing maps using V-Power, they said they basically had to rewrite the code for every new tank of V-Power, whereas with Tesco 99, they didn't need to.

I would strongly recommend you switch to Tesco 99 - if it is available in your locality.

Are you sure, I remember the exact opposite.. Tesco 99 is pretty inconsistent, sometimes its great, other times its pretty poor.. V-Power you know what your getting every time..
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2009, 03:14:50 pm »

Are you sure, I remember the exact opposite.. Tesco 99 is pretty inconsistent, sometimes its great, other times its pretty poor.. V-Power you know what your getting every time..

....That's how I know it too and I've just checked with Revo themselves for clarification : -

Their first recommendation is V-Power, followed by BP Ultimate. They know that some people report good results with Tesco 99 but currently they don't highly rate its consistency. Once upon a time, back in the day, Shell Optimax was inconsistent.

That's from the horse's mouth, Teutonic_Tamer, so I just don't see where you get your info from.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2009, 03:19:10 pm »
Tossco fuel has a very high proportion of E85, it gets them a fiddle on the duty thus making more profit. Oh, and its crap.
Sideways yo!

Offline luca

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2009, 03:24:01 pm »
Always run shell v power on mine :happy2:

Tornado red ED30, Revo stage 2, ITG Panel filter, 3" Blueflame turbo back exhaust, leon cupra front brakes, ecs dogbone mount, WALK kit, Eibach sportlines, Satin black Monza II's, VWR/sachs paddle clutch

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2009, 03:34:06 pm »
REVO set my car at 9-6-9 with the full set of engine support mods and V-Power. :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline luca

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2009, 03:44:57 pm »
9-6-9 must be awesome, mine is at 8-6-9 and is running fast as fook at the minute, even in the hot weather :jumpmove:. Also the car showed no correction factors on these settings after loads of runs on the road with the revo dealer and his logging equipment :driver:

Tornado red ED30, Revo stage 2, ITG Panel filter, 3" Blueflame turbo back exhaust, leon cupra front brakes, ecs dogbone mount, WALK kit, Eibach sportlines, Satin black Monza II's, VWR/sachs paddle clutch

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2009, 04:09:15 pm »
Tossco fuel has a very high proportion of E85, it gets them a fiddle on the duty thus making more profit. Oh, and its crap.

They use Toluene to boost the figures.. Pretty nasty stuff.. You can really smell it if you use that fuel..
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2009, 04:16:46 pm »

They use Toluene to boost the figures.. Pretty nasty stuff.. You can really smell it if you use that fuel..

Ahh yes, its Tolly, my mistake - I knew it was something that wasn't really that good for your motor... or living things for that matter, Superduper carcinegenic stuff that - wouldn't want it on my skin :confused:
Sideways yo!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2009, 04:17:25 pm »

....Yes, Tesco aka Tossco 99's additives are what Revo mentioned as scoring minus points.

Offline em2evol

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
  • Let's Motorvate!
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2009, 12:50:08 pm »
How do you find out your Revo settings?? I'm guessing you have to go to your Revo dealer...!? My car came with Revo so I have no clue as to what it's actually set at... is it free to check?

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2009, 05:25:52 pm »
anyone with a laptop and select switch could check it

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2009, 05:28:36 pm »
i was running at 8 5 9, but taken it to 7 5 9 because of this stupid cel light.

i want more power but dont know what to do about it, not sure if there is maybe something wrong because the RR only showd 305bhp/282lbs, others are well into 300s for torque.. :s

SOLD!! :(
VW GTI Edition 30 No. 0551
Revo Stage2+ (LT) | Evoms Intake, K&N Filter | VWR LSD | Milltek R32 TBE | VWR Engine Mounts | VWR Big Front & S3 Rear Brakes | VWR Springs |  VWR Shortshift | SuperPro Bushes |  Recaro Seats

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2009, 12:37:39 pm »

....That's how I know it too and I've just checked with Revo themselves for clarification : -

Their first recommendation is V-Power, followed by BP Ultimate. They know that some people report good results with Tesco 99 but currently they don't highly rate its consistency. Once upon a time, back in the day, Shell Optimax was inconsistent.

That's from the horse's mouth, Teutonic_Tamer, so I just don't see where you get your info from.

I got my info DIRECTLY  from Revo, at GTI International - speaking to them face to face.  The definately said that Tesco 99 was more stable than V-Power!
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~