Make a donation

Author Topic: Exhaust heat tape.  (Read 901 times)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Exhaust heat tape.
« on: June 27, 2011, 07:52:43 pm »
Noticed this weekend that my car suffers with heatsoak on repeated runs up the strip quite badly, no joke, but the engine cover was so hot you couldnt touch it.  Spoke to revo who said its to do witht he turbo being so high at the front of the engine bay, and the downpipe, in particular the cat section is literally millimetres away from the outlet pipe for the intercooler.

Ill bge getting an intercooler, but whilst im waiting for the fabia version to be available, i want to wrap my exhaust and intercooler pipes in heat relecting tape to try and keep as much heat out the engine bay as possible.

What do you guy reccomend for use on the exhaust, and for the intercooler pipe. presumably they will be different types of tape, ie exhaust tape keeps heat in, intercooler pipe tape will need to reflect the heat

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
Re: Exhaust heat tape.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 11:18:42 am »
For the exhaust I always use a high quality exhaust wrap, the more you spend the better it will be. Some are so good that you can hold your hand against them after 3-4 runs on the dyno.

These guys are the market leaders: http://www.agriemach.com/default.php?cPath=7_42

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 04:58:18 pm »
Can vouch for Agriemach, have used their products (including reflecta-gold) for a few years now.

Offline Lavonkey

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 09:29:21 am »
What brand would you recommend most for these, was looking for some a while back, but heard conflicting reviews!