Make a donation

Author Topic: GIAC versus Revo Stage 2+  (Read 26886 times)

Offline Toast

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 3
  • Oot n By all the Keyboard Warriors
Re: GIAC versus Revo Stage 2+
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2009, 05:13:50 pm »
Don't think Jim would try that he's a good guy :happy2: done all my upgrades along with some of my mates cars and can't fault him!!
Editon 30, no-0472-, 1/4mile 13.6sec@Crail-Giac 348bhp,345lbsft,Milltek tbe,s3 Cooler,Helix single mass clutch kit,Eibach Coilovers,Bsh Cold Air Intake , Autotech HPFP,s3 brakes,Speedline Turini's,Xenons

Offline Poverty

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2009, 05:18:53 pm »
Blade on scn is already running stage 2+ giac software. His car seems to always dyno slightly higher than revo stage 2+ on the same days/rollers.

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2009, 06:23:22 pm »
Blade on scn is already running stage 2+ giac software. His car seems to always dyno slightly higher than revo stage 2+ on the same days/rollers.

Was very impressed with blades car and the software. he made a healthy 30bhp over me although i dont have an intake yet and mine was running rather rich. Carnt fault revo stage 2+ either

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2009, 06:24:32 pm »

Was very impressed with blades car and the software. he made a healthy 30bhp over me although i dont have an intake yet and mine was running rather rich. Carnt fault revo stage 2+ either

The way I see it when it comes to choosing between revo and giac is that you should go to whichever has a reputable dealer closest to you.

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2009, 06:29:52 pm »
im pretty close to both although id herd alot about revo so went with them, had i known then what i know now i may well have gone with gaic.

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2009, 06:31:39 pm »
Wouldnt think about it too much. Theres nothing between blades car and a revo stage 2+ on the road apparently.

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2009, 08:11:29 pm »

Are you sure about that?  :confused:

Mine made 16hp and 35ft/lbs more than Blades car about 5mins after his ran..

On the road there was a HUGE difference between them in performance..

Its been proven over and over that Revo cars are faster than the competition..
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2009, 08:12:02 pm »
Wouldnt think about it too much. Theres nothing between blades car and a revo stage 2+ on the road apparently.

Again.. BS lol..  :happy2:

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2009, 01:40:33 am »

Again.. BS lol..  :happy2:
Why? Because your car was on a diet and has DSG whilst his hasnt? Hardly fair, DSG itself makes a huge difference.

Im only going by what I have been told by the guys over on scn, but most recently on the group dyno runs, blades car has been doing better figures than the other revo stage 2 plus cars.

Ive then been told by another guy who runs revo stage 2 plus that on the road there was nothing between his car and blades.

BTW I thought the best your car pulled on a dyno has been around 350hp, Hardly boundry pushing figures compared to some other revo and GIAC mapped stage 2+ cars, and also lower than blades best efforts, granted there is the whole dyno lottery
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 01:45:52 am by Poverty »

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2009, 10:23:26 am »

Why? Because your car was on a diet and has DSG whilst his hasnt? Hardly fair, DSG itself makes a huge difference.

Agree that comparing it with Jonny's car isn't really a fair comparison due to weight loss and DSG.

BTW I thought the best your car pulled on a dyno has been around 350hp, Hardly boundry pushing figures compared to some other revo and GIAC mapped stage 2+ cars, and also lower than blades best efforts, granted there is the whole dyno lottery
JC's car ran 350bhp on the same rollers on the same day as Blade's car and made better figures, so you aint going to get a better comparison than that really mate. Comparing Blade's best RR result done on a seperate day against the one run Jonny has done isn't really ideal, as cars with lower spec to Jonny's have made better figures on different rollers when his wasn't able to attend. THAT is dyno lottery my friend  :wink:

Something else to take into account is that a lot of cars with identical mods will vary on the rollers due to simply how they have been driven and run in etc. If you have one car that has a very carefull owner who rarely boots it, or takes it above 4-5krpm, go up against a car that gets a good thrashing on a regular basis, then they can vary not only in RR figures but on the road too. As the car that has regular amounts of right foot (so long as it's warmed up properly etc) will always perform better from what I have found.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 10:36:47 am by Vtec Abuser »

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2009, 10:34:01 am »

Im only going by what I have been told by the guys over on scn, but most recently on the group dyno runs, blades car has been doing better figures than the other revo stage 2 plus cars.

Ive then been told by another guy who runs revo stage 2 plus that on the road there was nothing between his car and blades.

Mine was on the same group dyno run day as Blades Cupra. On the same day, same rollers the Revo Stage 2+ makes more power, quoting figures from an inaccurate dyno and comparing to mine is pointless..

I think you'll find that 350hp is a more accurate figure of power, guys who go around believing that they have upwards of 380hp on a K04 turbo need there heads looking at..

350hp and 380tq was on a Dyno Dynamics rollers, Blades car made about 40hp less on the DD rollers than it did at Motorscope.. And he had modified the car further between times.. What does that tell you?

Anyways Im really not bothered if the Golf 'only' has 350hp, as I have said before, cars with over 100hp more dont get anywhere near it when actually side-by-side.. Which for me is the important thing.. Numbers are good for back to back testing and on the day comparisons and thats about it.. Comparing different dyno numbers taken from different cars on different days is pretty silly

Stage 2+ Revo runs more boost and more aggressive knock control than GIAC, thats where the performance difference comes from..

davidsonley1

« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2009, 11:13:29 am »

[/quote]

So now Jonny's cheating because his car was lightened and had DSG!? Its all down to the drivers preferences and whether they can live with having a 'stripped out' car, obviously Jonny can. I think his 1/4 times and terminal speeds (12.601secs / 115.85mph) speak for themself..

Sonley

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2009, 12:39:46 pm »
JC's car ran 350bhp on the same rollers on the same day as Blade's car and made better figures, so you aint going to get a better comparison than that really mate. Comparing Blade's best RR result done on a seperate day against the one run Jonny has done isn't really ideal, as cars with lower spec to Jonny's have made better figures on different rollers when his wasn't able to attend. THAT is dyno lottery my friend

Fully aware of this HOWEVER if a car isnt strapped into a dyno properly it wont give proper readings anyway. Not knowing where the dyno session took place or how skilled the dyno operators are, but a poor dyno operator can lead to giving out mis leading figures. Plus iirc havent dsgs got to be dynoed slightly differently to normal manuals to get precise figures?

Something else to take into account is that a lot of cars with identical mods will vary on the rollers due to simply how they have been driven and run in etc. If you have one car that has a very carefull owner who rarely boots it, or takes it above 4-5krpm, go up against a car that gets a good thrashing on a regular basis, then they can vary not only in RR figures but on the road too. As the car that has regular amounts of right foot (so long as it's warmed up properly etc) will always perform better from what I have found.

I can agree witht his but couldnt see the difference being over 10hp.

I think you'll find that 350hp is a more accurate figure of power, guys who go around believing that they have upwards of 380hp on a K04 turbo need there heads looking at..

Arguable, run aggressive enough settings purely for a headline hp figure and you can get 380hp on a k04. In greece there are two cars who have dynoed over 400. But then  again we have the whole dyno discrepencies issues.

Stage 2+ Revo runs more boost and more aggressive knock control than GIAC, thats where the performance difference comes from..

How do you know what settings GIAC runs at? Blades car has a custom GIAC map.

Anyways Im really not bothered if the Golf 'only' has 350hp, as I have said before, cars with over 100hp more dont get anywhere near it when actually side-by-side.. Which for me is the important thing../quote]

A Lightned Supercharged type-r driver could say the same to you.

So now Jonny's cheating because his car was lightened and had DSG!? Its all down to the drivers preferences and whether they can live with having a 'stripped out' car, obviously Jonny can. I think his 1/4 times and terminal speeds (12.601secs / 115.85mph) speak for themself..

Sonley

Who said anything about cheating. His car being lightned and having DSG is completely irrelevant to our discussion of comparing GIAC maps to revo maps. This is purely about driveability and power levels, not " my car is lightned and run DSG though so I piss all over a certain GIAC cupra".

It might be worth noting im a Revo boy.

If I happened to live closer to regal instead of AMD essex I would be running GIAC software.

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2009, 12:43:05 pm »
Lol, I have had a Supercharged Civic type R and its no where near as quick as the Golf.. Look at the 1/4 times.. There running mid 13's with road tyres..

This is turning into a my cars faster than yours type of argument, im not interested thanks..

Plus its not even your car that your talking about lol..  :grin:

Just let me know when anyone with a GIAC K04 Cupra runs faster than me..  :happy2:
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 12:45:25 pm by jonnyc »

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2009, 12:45:23 pm »
This is turning into a my cars faster than yours type of argument, im not interested thanks..

Which, iirc you turned it into. The discussion was all about giav vs revo, till you mentioned your car vs giac powered ones.

Plus its not even your car that your talking about lol..  :grin:

Just let me know when anyone with a GIAC K04 Cupra runs faster than me..  :happy2:

Never gonna happen till DSG is available in a cupra and you know that  :happy2:

Lol, I have had a Supercharged Civic type R and its no where near as quick as the Golf.. Look at the 1/4 times.. There running mid 13's with road tyres.

You still have the ed30? There are some charged type-r's round here who will show you whats what. They are much lighter than even your golf.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 12:50:27 pm by Poverty »