Make a donation

Author Topic: GIAC versus Revo Stage 2+  (Read 26859 times)

Offline Poverty

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
Re: GIAC versus Revo Stage 2+
« Reply #105 on: September 16, 2009, 11:23:26 pm »
I know, i just haven't decided on a manu for the exhaust.
i was going to just buy the milltek downpipe and fit that to the oem rear box would that be ok or do i need to get the rear box to as finances aren't fluid at the moment :wink: 

Know what you mean mate, the milly aint cheap. From what I have been told is that you cant mate a milly downpipe to the standard back box for some reason.

However me and my mate are working on a solution, dont fancy paying a grand for the milly, and tbh I dont really want a milly as everyone has one and I find that boring. What mine sounding more unique.

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: September 17, 2009, 09:19:28 am »
1 of the lads with an S3 has done this, Milltek downpipe standard rear section :happy2:

Offline dc240969

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: September 17, 2009, 10:00:38 am »
EGT, now that rings a bell. l was talking with my brother and told him the probs l was seeing and he mentioned this. Anyone care to elaborate?

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: September 17, 2009, 02:58:32 pm »
Exhaust gas temperature, as it says really. I think there were some worries if a free flowing exhaust system wasn't used the EGT's would be too high.
There is also a a guy with an S3 running the stg2+ Revo code with a HPFP, butstd downpipe, exhaust and intake with no issues. The chances are he wouldn't be able to run as aggressive settings as someone who has the hardware but apparantly the car runs fine

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #109 on: September 18, 2009, 12:52:18 am »
Exhaust gas temperature, as it says really. I think there were some worries if a free flowing exhaust system wasn't used the EGT's would be too high.
There is also a a guy with an S3 running the stg2+ Revo code with a HPFP, butstd downpipe, exhaust and intake with no issues. The chances are he wouldn't be able to run as aggressive settings as someone who has the hardware but apparantly the car runs fine

To utilise the hpfp stage 2 plus is reqd, but as said the settings will be low across the board due to the standard exhaust system. Although iirc a GIAC powered car was running stage 2 plus with a std ehaust and that also ran fine, but wasnt running consevative settings. That car fried the cat in no time.

Offline dc240969

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #110 on: September 18, 2009, 12:34:27 pm »
That car fried the cat in no time, worrying stuff that. As l might be the first S3 in the UK to get this map l reckon l should be getting some free rr.

Offline dc240969

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2009, 06:50:59 pm »
lve had a few engine management light issues this past week and had to take the battery lead you to get rid of it. l had my car at Star, still there, and Jim said he would have prefered to see the car with the light on. He was on holiday and l wasnt happy with the light on. Anyways, l told Jim the story about the light and the car losing power between 2000-3000rpm. He mention coil packs, l said fair enough as they are cheap enough. He plugged in his computer and didnt find anything. He took it for a drive, l sat and waited. He came back and said its showing a fueling error. He says its been noticed on cars in the states but he didnt know what to do about it. l left the car with him. l didnt hear from him the rest of the day, worrying stuff. lve had a look about and cant really see much that covers it specifically.

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2009, 06:57:15 pm »
lve had a few engine management light issues this past week and had to take the battery lead you to get rid of it. l had my car at Star, still there, and Jim said he would have prefered to see the car with the light on. He was on holiday and l wasnt happy with the light on. Anyways, l told Jim the story about the light and the car losing power between 2000-3000rpm. He mention coil packs, l said fair enough as they are cheap enough. He plugged in his computer and didnt find anything. He took it for a drive, l sat and waited. He came back and said its showing a fueling error. He says its been noticed on cars in the states but he didnt know what to do about it. l left the car with him. l didnt hear from him the rest of the day, worrying stuff. lve had a look about and cant really see much that covers it specifically.

What sort of fuelling error? Got a more specific code?

Offline dc240969

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #113 on: September 22, 2009, 07:16:38 pm »
never gave me a code just said fueling lean off throttle

Offline dc240969

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: September 23, 2009, 05:17:00 pm »
Didnt hear anything from Star this morning and had to take the girl to Stirling Uni. On the way back l popped in. Jim says' l didnt think you wanted the car back!' , l told him what l had been up to. ' So, l said, whats up' Long story short. The extreme map basically put everything out of kilter, so to speak. Its gone and the 'Star' Hammer map is back on. The car feels fine now, better l feel, in the short play lve had in it. One thing that was missing when using all 3 maps was the snort and chortle of the Forge CAI. The pop from the exhaust during gear change has gone as well. Jim says the Extreme map fueling isnt right. So job done. l can breath easier now, feel like a weights been lifted.

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #115 on: September 23, 2009, 05:21:37 pm »
Didnt hear anything from Star this morning and had to take the girl to Stirling Uni. On the way back l popped in. Jim says' l didnt think you wanted the car back!' , l told him what l had been up to. ' So, l said, whats up' Long story short. The extreme map basically put everything out of kilter, so to speak. Its gone and the 'Star' Hammer map is back on. The car feels fine now, better l feel, in the short play lve had in it. One thing that was missing when using all 3 maps was the snort and chortle of the Forge CAI. The pop from the exhaust during gear change has gone as well. Jim says the Extreme map fueling isnt right. So job done. l can breath easier now, feel like a weights been lifted.
Good news!

Offline dc240969

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: September 23, 2009, 08:47:53 pm »
Just out of interest. Any of you boys running stage 2/+ Revo are invited to have a free Rolling Road spin at Star.

Offline Toast

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 3
  • Oot n By all the Keyboard Warriors
« Reply #117 on: September 23, 2009, 08:56:52 pm »
This would be interesting to see what actual power figures come from revo 2+ :popcornsoda:
Editon 30, no-0472-, 1/4mile 13.6sec@Crail-Giac 348bhp,345lbsft,Milltek tbe,s3 Cooler,Helix single mass clutch kit,Eibach Coilovers,Bsh Cold Air Intake , Autotech HPFP,s3 brakes,Speedline Turini's,Xenons

Offline Toast

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 3
  • Oot n By all the Keyboard Warriors
« Reply #118 on: September 23, 2009, 09:00:24 pm »
Its up in Fife Scotland Dom  :happy2:  Good guy jim very helpful :drinking:
Editon 30, no-0472-, 1/4mile 13.6sec@Crail-Giac 348bhp,345lbsft,Milltek tbe,s3 Cooler,Helix single mass clutch kit,Eibach Coilovers,Bsh Cold Air Intake , Autotech HPFP,s3 brakes,Speedline Turini's,Xenons

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #119 on: September 23, 2009, 09:06:14 pm »
Lol, my free run at STAR would cost be a lot in petrol from Hampshire.  :signLOL: