Make a donation

Author Topic: iOS 5 Beta 2  (Read 3235 times)

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
Re: iOS 5 Beta 2
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2011, 07:01:20 pm »
i have just re-added my hotmail account and it now supports imap through hotmail, i am LITERALLY the happiest kid in the world! good ol' apple hey  :pomppomp:

Pity you're so easily pleased - It's been possible for a while  :evilgrin: :signLOL:

I reckon i have been doing this for a year or so LOL

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2011, 09:04:40 pm »
i have just re-added my hotmail account and it now supports imap through hotmail, i am LITERALLY the happiest kid in the world! good ol' apple hey  :pomppomp:

Pity you're so easily pleased - It's been possible for a while  :evilgrin: :signLOL:

I reckon i have been doing this for a year or so LOL

Oh that's it, Kick a man when he's down.  :evilgrin:
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline TonyZed

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2011, 03:09:11 pm »
My iPhone 4G is jailbroken on 4.3.1 with a fair few Cydia apps, some bought and some free, some very useful, particularly Springboard, Lockscreen and LockInfo, some just for fun!

Some of theses are available from my Cydia account after upgrading to a new IOS, but most (free) ones are lost. Is there a way of retrieving them after I upgrade?

TonyZ

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2011, 03:18:38 pm »
If you use Installous & Appsync then you can transfer the Apps into itunes and they will sync then everytime you update the OS as long as the phone is Jailbroken.

Any tweaks you have (Springboard, Pull to refresh mail, five icon dock etc) will not sync and will need to be reinstalled through Cydia

Offline Lavonkey

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2011, 09:11:37 am »
Did anyone see the article about a guy trying to sell his iPhone with iOS 5 as a new phone? Will have to try and dig it out, but they sold it for quite the pretty penny...!

Offline MarkMarked

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2011, 12:20:01 pm »
My iPhone 4G is jailbroken on 4.3.1 with a fair few Cydia apps, some bought and some free, some very useful, particularly Springboard, Lockscreen and LockInfo, some just for fun!

Some of theses are available from my Cydia account after upgrading to a new IOS, but most (free) ones are lost. Is there a way of retrieving them after I upgrade?

TonyZ

Have you checked that they are compatible with IOS 5

No way of retieving them unless you used something like pkgbackup or cyder2 before upgrading

Offline Betty02

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 11
    • iBett
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2011, 12:28:31 pm »

TonyZ

Use an app called PKGBackup I think or something along them lines, backs up everything jailbroken and sends it to something like dropbox for example,. then upgrade, jailbreak and download the .pkg and it will install EVERYTHING you previously had on Cydia, including apps, themes, ringtones etc.
ADMIN NOTICE: Please do not use the site for advertising!