All Things Mk5 > How to Guides / Troubleshooting

DIRTY WINDSCREEN

<< < (3/4) > >>

WhiteGTI:
My car did exactly the same pal.

Using no other air freshners/interior cleaners. It so strange.

I cleaned it with Auto Glym Glass Cleaner the other week, and I have to admit it seems to have cured the problem

Rocket:
I have the same problem in mine! Tried Autoglyn Fast Glass and supermarket glass cleaner but nothing! Maybe it is the dash polish I've used when I spray the dash, makes sense, never really thought about that before! LOL

OJZ 3127:
I have the same problem, when the window fogs up on the inside you can see where the price board has been stuck to the windscreen. I have tried fast glass, megs nxt glass cleaner and even pure alcohol nothing seems to shift it.

autoperfection.com:
Basically the residue is still on the glass from the price board, which is why you can still see it when the glass fogs up...  where abouts are you based?  We may have something that will shift it so could either send you a small amount to try, or if you're local we could get some to you and have a look at it for you

:happy2:

v2brett:
try some cerium oxide on it,  its pretty messy stuff so id recomend covering the dash up and mixing a small amount outside the car.
works great on the outside too,  makes the wipers work brilliant  :happy2:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version