Make a donation

Author Topic: Dash rattle gone????  (Read 974 times)

Offline Stg123

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 2
Dash rattle gone????
« on: June 30, 2011, 02:09:03 pm »
Hi everyone, I had an annoying rattle/vibration noise from the drivers side footwell/console area which was only noticeable when the car was at idle. Last week I decided to change fuel from Sainsburys superunleaded and went to Tesco momentum 99. The rattle has now gone! Does anyone think that changing the fuel could have stopped the rattle? Could it be that the engine is running more smoothly, or the idle speed has gone slightly up or down and the rattle has gone a a result? I think the car is running better on the Tesco fuel- it feels more responsive and feels like it is pulling harder under load. It is an 07 plate, no mods, FSH by VW, 24,000miles.
Grateful for any ideas or theories. :happy2:

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
Re: Dash rattle gone????
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 02:18:41 pm »
The more positive responsiveness you are feeling is the increase in octane level between the two, Sainsbury’s 97ron and Tesco’s 99ron.

I noticed the same thing (more responsive) when I went from Sainsbury’s super unleaded to Shell V Power (99ron).

Regarding the rattle, it could be down to the engine running smoother. I have read that the 2.0 TFSI engines run smoother with a higher octane drink.
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦