Make a donation

Author Topic: Exhaust light on after stage 2 ?? Help with fault codes please...  (Read 25598 times)

Offline heavyd

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
Re: Exhaust light on after stage 2 ?? Help with fault codes please...
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2011, 11:02:24 pm »
Hi HeavyD wot stage revo was u???
Stage 2+ :happy2:

Offline Mandy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 95
  • -Receive: 94
  • Drink Russian, Wear Italian, Drive German :)
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2011, 11:50:28 am »

Is it ok to run Stage 2 with a CAI but not an uprated fuel pump? I'd get an ITG but if it then means I'll have to upgrade the fuel pump etc then I will probably just go back to Stage 1 map, too much hassle.

Does anyone have an answer to my question please?  :signLOL:
Driving: Tornado Red MK7 GTD, BMW 330e
Drove: Rising Blue Golf 6R, Reflex Silver Edition30 No.1684, Tornado Red Mk5 Golf GTI

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=nj480csaqg0p7516aktf7ohr29&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2011, 11:51:36 am »
AFAIK... its only stage 2+ that requires a fuel pump.

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2011, 11:54:01 am »
I have had my fingers burnt on this before. with the KO3 it is fine, on some KO4's there have been a fuel request issue according to Saint Steve. I would get you map sorted first though before you complicate matters.  :happy2:

Offline Mandy

• Thank You
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2011, 11:55:21 am »

Thank you Rich, I thought that was the case, but Steve kept telling me about all scary things that could happen, he got a bit technical and used the word 'detonation' which scared me a little.  :scared:

:grin:
Drove: Rising Blue Golf 6R, Reflex Silver Edition30 No.1684, Tornado Red Mk5 Golf GTI

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=nj480csaqg0p7516aktf7ohr29&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2011, 12:00:39 pm »
Might be worth getting someone to do a bit of data logging, that should show up whats happening with the Fuel Pump and if its presenting a problem.

Gotta say, this thead isnt doing much for REVOs rep  :signLOL:

Offline Mandy

• Thank You
« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2011, 12:04:00 pm »
I have had my fingers burnt on this before. with the KO3 it is fine, on some KO4's there have been a fuel request issue according to Saint Steve. I would get you map sorted first though before you complicate matters.  :happy2:

There's an easy way to do that... 30 day money back guarantee.  :laugh:

Seriously though, I may do that.

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2011, 12:11:34 pm »

There's an easy way to do that... 30 day money back guarantee.  :laugh:

Seriously though, I may do that.

This thread is not really Representative of peoples experience with Revo, all the usual people who have had problems cant wait to get the boot in were as the thousands who's cars a fine dont. There is nothing wrong with Revo maps but clearly for whatever reason is does not agree with some ED/ S3 engines. This particular fault seems even stranger if there are a number of you who got mapped at inters with the same fault.
I personally would perceiver with there map If they actively help sort the problem rather than brush you off. But this doesn't seem like something they feel they need to do so getting your money back may be best.  :happy2:

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2011, 12:39:53 pm »
Mandy - Stage 2 without an uprated pump is perfectly fine. Stage 2 shouldn't request anymore than 115bar of fuel which the OEM pump is capable of. Stage 2+ is what you need the pump for as it requests 130bar of fuel which the OEM pump can't handle sustained hence you get fuel cuts. I'm talking K03 here not sure about K04 Maps. As said though get you map sorted and then start messing with other parts.

This thread is not really Representative of peoples experience with Revo, all the usual people who have had problems cant wait to get the boot in were as the thousands who's cars a fine dont. There is nothing wrong with Revo maps but clearly for whatever reason is does not agree with some ED/ S3 engines. This particular fault seems even stranger if there are a number of you who got mapped at inters with the same fault.
I personally would perceiver with there map If they actively help sort the problem rather than brush you off. But this doesn't seem like something they feel they need to do so getting your money back may be best.  :happy2:

I disagree TC. Sometimes there are serious flaws in REVO maps and not just on K04 either. When i was stage 2+ on my vRS i wasn't able to get above 256bhp. REVO were adamant that the car was at fault and the map hadn't changed since day 1.  So i spent nearly £2.5k in parts, fuel, data logging and dyno runs trying to locate this problem with the car. The final bit i replaced was the fuel pump. I also flashed back to stage 2. At Stage 2 i got 270bhp & 300lb/ft. The car stayed on the Dyno and Stage 2+ was reflashed back to the car. The power dropped back to 254bhp & 260lb/ft despite this so called being a more aggressive code. When presented with all this and reams of data logs they still denied the issue was the code. Even when i pointed out that i was running a different file version of the code than the original one they developed (i know who owned the car they developed K03 stage 2+ on) they were still adamant the car was at fault. The only thing i had left to replace was the complete engine. So i gave up with it, stripped the car sold it on and got a new one to start again with.

It was REVO's complete shocking customer service that i have my main gripe with. When they produce maps they produce some very good ones (Stage 2 on my car being a perfect example) but the minute that a potential issue is highlighted they immediately blame the car (which no doubt more often than not it is) and it's never the map. I would rather they said to me to present them with all the data & facts and then show me it's the car not the code than just immediately say "boost leak" Hence why i won't be going REVO with this car. I'd rather have a slightly inferior map with good customer care than have the best map that could cause problems with sh*te customer care.

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2011, 01:32:41 pm »
worth noting that revo and revo agents map the cars at inters, given three cars have same issue would be interesting to see if there is any correlation between who flashed the code, you'd like to think they keep records and an audit trail so they can ascertain if their is a common theme   :happy2:

given APD have been mentioned i wonder if they flashed mandy's car?

Saint Steve

« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2011, 01:53:15 pm »

But even at stage 2 you may be into fuel cuts, if your oem pump is worn.

Data logs can give you a great indication whether your Stock pump can run happily at a lower stage of tune.

Mandy ,seriously, if your wanting to run a CAI, then you will need to run an uprated fuel pump to assist.

Or like i suggested to you, Run the uprated Panel filter in instead of the oem paper one you had, and that im sure will cure the rich idle condition.

Im sure the guys at Revo, just flashed these cars at Inters, without checking what mods were fitted/never lifted the bonnet, no logs were done after, just "heres your keys "  now "up the strip you go "  and onto the next person.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 02:04:19 pm by Saint Steve »

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2011, 02:05:20 pm »
Shark performance FTW :laugh:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 06:52:55 pm by heavyd »

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2011, 02:15:29 pm »
But even at stage 2 you may be into fuel cuts, if your oem pump is worn.

Data logs can give you a great indication whether your Stock pump can run happily at a lower stage of tune.

Mandy ,seriously, if your wanting to run a CAI, then you will need to run an uprated fuel pump to assist.

Or like i suggested to you, Run the uprated Panel filter in instead of the oem paper one you had, and that im sure will cure the rich idle condition.

Why would you need a Uprated pump to run a CAI :confused:

I know plenty of people on Stage 2 With every mod bar a pump and have no issues. I'm just confused as to what makes you think you need a pump to have an EVOMS/ITG/Twintake etc

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2011, 02:22:43 pm »
Uprated panel filter = waste of time and money.

If you are being brutally honest an uprated fuel pump will show returns on all of the Revo maps even stage 1 however it is perfectly acceptable to run whatever combination of mods you like just adjust to suit.

Saint Steve

« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2011, 02:27:55 pm »
If your adding more air carl by a CAI, then natually you will be requesting more fuel. If your fuel pump cant sustain the requested by the map, thats why its safer to uprate the pump. My fuel pressure on my car couldnt sustain Bluefins origonal settings.

My car is case in point. My  "stage 2" remap on mine couldnt run a stage 2 bluefin map being a K04 without timing issues.After various logging sessions.

Superchips lowered the requested, and now fuel pressures and now Timing are all running no worse then -3, which is now far better than -6, -9 which i was running.
Realistically i need a new fuel pump to then be able to run Bluefins Origonal stage 2 map. Revo are more agressive normally, so put the two together and you may have a potential issue hense why this was my advise.

My fuel pump has done 60k hense why some cars with less wear n tear may or maynot have an issue.  :wink:
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 02:29:54 pm by Saint Steve »