Make a donation

Author Topic: Exhaust light on after stage 2 ?? Help with fault codes please...  (Read 25605 times)

Offline vRS Carl

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
Re: Exhaust light on after stage 2 ?? Help with fault codes please...
« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2011, 02:39:26 pm »
But the Map and the ECU shouldn't allow it to request anymore than a set parameter. Stage 2 shouldn't be requesting more than the OEM pump can cope with. That's the whole point of Stage 2+ and a requirement of the map is an Uprated Pump

I agree you can get fuel cuts etc but fitting a CAI should not warrant fitting of an uprated pump.

Saint Steve

« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2011, 02:41:52 pm »
But the Map and the ECU shouldn't allow it to request anymore than a set parameter. Stage 2 shouldn't be requesting more than the pump can cope with. That's the whole point of Stage 2+

I agree you can get fuel cuts etc but fitting a CAI should not warrant fitting of an uprated pump.

I agree also carl, but what im trying to say, a worn fuel pump combined with a CAI could cause an issue.

A brand new OEM, or low mileage pump im sure is totally fine and is prooven to be so, but wear in the fuel pump will cause lower unsustainable fuel pressure in some cases.

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2011, 02:49:19 pm »
So the correct advice to give then should be:

Log Block 230 to check the Rail pressure Specified & Actual. As long as there isn't more than a 5.0bar difference then the pump is fine.

If there is then buy a New OEM pump (£178 from a dealer) and see if that cures the problem. If not then consider shelling out £300 for uprated internals or (ideally) £700 for an APR pump.

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2011, 04:07:42 pm »
Uprated panel filter = waste of time and money.

If you are being brutally honest an uprated fuel pump will show returns on all of the Revo maps even stage 1 however it is perfectly acceptable to run whatever combination of mods you like just adjust to suit.

+1

OEM Paper filter is going to be fine in this instance as long as it's clean.

As H says an uprated fuel pump will show gains on cars at all levels of tune, whether you get fuel cut at any stage with REVO software can very much depend on how aggressive the settings are.

Mandy it might be worth an hours labour to get Keith at JKM to give it the once over for you.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #94 on: July 13, 2011, 04:27:59 pm »
My fuel pump has done 60k hense why some cars with less wear n tear may or maynot have an issue.  :wink:

It's probably not a wear problem on the pump itself just the cam follower. Nothing to worry about.  :scared:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #95 on: July 13, 2011, 04:31:30 pm »
I dont 100% agree that a fuel pump will make gains at any stage of tune tbh. revo software does show gains with a fuel pump as they push the limits of the sstd fuel pump even on ststage 1 and 2 hence why the likes of robin had to ave his settings turned down after fitting the twintake.  

My bluefin stage 1&2 and shark performance stage 1&2 never requested as much fuel pressure as the revo maps, hence when i fitted my ITG intake there was no sign of fuel cut on either as the logs howed fuel pressure requested and actual matched each other

The intake is literally a bolt on which the ecu has enough adaptation it deal with without map tweaks, so the map must be pretty aggrresive to begin with if it causes fuel cut

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
« Reply #96 on: July 13, 2011, 04:37:47 pm »
I dont 100% agree that a fuel pump will make gains at any stage of tune tbh.

That is why we specified REVO because they push the envelope.  :confused:

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: July 13, 2011, 05:14:33 pm »

That is why we specified REVO because they push the envelope.  :confused:
My car only runs 121bar of fuel pressure and it's stage 2+ shark map , and it's figures aren't too shabby

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #98 on: July 13, 2011, 05:16:52 pm »

That is why we specified REVO because they push the envelope.  :confused:
My car only runs 121bar of fuel pressure and it's stage 2+ shark map , and it's figures aren't too shabby

REVO Push the envelope as they request 130bar of fuel on K03 and 134bar (iirc) on K04 Stage 2+ codes

Saint Steve

« Reply #99 on: July 13, 2011, 06:37:04 pm »
My fuel pump has done 60k hense why some cars with less wear n tear may or maynot have an issue.  :wink:

It's probably not a wear problem on the pump itself just the cam follower. Nothing to worry about.  :scared:

already changed that mate prior, so you can cross that off as a cause :happy2:
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 06:39:15 pm by Saint Steve »

Offline chungster

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #100 on: July 13, 2011, 07:37:05 pm »
Quote from: heavyd

Running the engine lean makes Power....you just have to be careful about how close you are to detonation and EGT's getting sky high and engine going BANG!

Maybe Revo like to run more fuel to prevent these things from happening so request you get an uprated FP. But what do i know...

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
« Reply #101 on: July 13, 2011, 09:01:11 pm »
My old Skoda with Revo stage 1 runs 124.8 bar fuel pressure which I am guessing is the limit of the standard pump.

Offline Mandy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 95
  • -Receive: 94
  • Drink Russian, Wear Italian, Drive German :)
« Reply #102 on: July 13, 2011, 09:18:25 pm »
Driving around today (non-motorway) and the light has reappeared, half expected it would.  :sad1:

I think the easy thing to do is to go back to stage 1, will be asking for my money back.

Would've been interesting to find out the cause/problem but it would involve too much faffing around.

worth noting that revo and revo agents map the cars at inters, given three cars have same issue would be interesting to see if there is any correlation between who flashed the code, you'd like to think they keep records and an audit trail so they can ascertain if their is a common theme   :happy2:

given APD have been mentioned i wonder if they flashed mandy's car?

APD were there at Inters helping flash the cars. It was Carl who done mine, he did ask me what fuel I was running on, what exhaust system I had, he tried to look under the bonnet but my bonnet wouldn't open so couldn't. I told him it was all stock though.
Driving: Tornado Red MK7 GTD, BMW 330e
Drove: Rising Blue Golf 6R, Reflex Silver Edition30 No.1684, Tornado Red Mk5 Golf GTI

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #103 on: July 13, 2011, 09:28:04 pm »
Getting the refund may be a slight issue as in theory your contract is with REVO of Daventry so would mean a trip there.

I guess it's possible JKM can help out but it may be at a cost as obviously they will be out of pocket for the labour time.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline Mandy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 95
  • -Receive: 94
  • Drink Russian, Wear Italian, Drive German :)
« Reply #104 on: July 13, 2011, 09:41:34 pm »
Getting the refund may be a slight issue as in theory your contract is with REVO of Daventry so would mean a trip there.

I guess it's possible JKM can help out but it may be at a cost as obviously they will be out of pocket for the labour time.

When I phoned Revo up a couple of days ago they did tell me to go to APD in Poole as they 'may' have looked at my car free of charge (providing the map was to blame). I'm guessing that's where they'll probably send me. I am actually still waiting for a phone call from them... they overcharged me for the map in the first place.

I don't mind paying JKM for labour, at least it should get fixed.  :smiley:

Driving: Tornado Red MK7 GTD, BMW 330e
Drove: Rising Blue Golf 6R, Reflex Silver Edition30 No.1684, Tornado Red Mk5 Golf GTI