Make a donation

Author Topic: P0299 problem  (Read 1929 times)

Offline 56OctyVRS

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 72
P0299 problem
« on: June 30, 2011, 12:16:22 pm »
Hello,

I keep getting this fault code appear but only after wot acceleration.  I have changed to the revision D Diverter valve and have fitted a catch can to replace the PCV.  I also replaced the N75 valve and still get the code. The car has been pressure tested and all is okay. The fault code does not appear when I run the stock map but does when I run the stage 1 map.  However it still appears when running stock parts with the stage 1 map.  I dont believe it is the Shark map as other cars run the same map and run fine. When I get the fault code the engine light does not come on so it is as if the ECU is seeing that it is not making pressure for a millisecond, enough to trigger the fault code and then it is making the required boost pressure.
I was thinking about this and did some research about the MAP sensor.  I was reading that if there is a MAP Sensor problem it would cause the engine to run richer than normal.  I cast my mind back to when I took my car to Rtech and they commented that the engine ran rich when under WOT.  I was wondering if the MAP sensor was slighlty faulty and not giving correct readings (albeit within tolerance) if it could indeed trigger the fault code.
Any ideas from anyone?

Cheers Matt
Frozen White Ford Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium.
Mods so far - Superchips Bluefin, High Flow Air Box

Offline martziniuk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
Re: P0299 problem
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 12:45:51 pm »
How high did they take the pressure when they did the pressure test?
Mk2 Octavia vRS with K04 conversion, 3"TBE & Decat, APR HPFP, BDM Intake, S3 I/C, Sachs clutch & Unicorn custom map, S3 brakes, AP coilovers, THS mounts.

B8.5 Audi S4 with uprated pulley and unicorn Stage 2

Offline 56OctyVRS

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 72
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 01:16:48 pm »
To just below the safe limit without causing any damage.  Not sure exactly what it was though from memory but they pressured the sytem up and pumped it full of smoke
Frozen White Ford Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium.
Mods so far - Superchips Bluefin, High Flow Air Box

Offline martziniuk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 05:51:06 pm »
I was just wondering as garages will rarely take the pressure up to what the turbo gives so it makes it a bit pointless. If you've had the tests and checked the pipes for the tell tale signs of oil around them I don't know what to say. It Seems a shame to keep chucking money at it in the hope of finding a fix  :sad1:

There was another guy on Brisky with an almost new Octavia who had this code wasn't there? He was running a Shark map too wasn't he? Wish I could lend you my Stage 1 map, it's just sat here on my laptop doing nothing  :signLOL:
Mk2 Octavia vRS with K04 conversion, 3"TBE & Decat, APR HPFP, BDM Intake, S3 I/C, Sachs clutch & Unicorn custom map, S3 brakes, AP coilovers, THS mounts.

B8.5 Audi S4 with uprated pulley and unicorn Stage 2