Make a donation

Author Topic: A few questions about private reg transfers...  (Read 761 times)

Offline dmac1969

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
A few questions about private reg transfers...
« on: July 01, 2011, 07:40:41 pm »
Hey all
             I'm in the middle of transferring my old private reg that I had on my Octy vRS Mk1 , onto my GTI. What i want to know is , when do you have to inform your insurer that your car has a different reg mark? Is it the day the plate goes on? If not , when? ... and..... should I inform VW , as my car still has warranty , breakdown cover and the VW service plan , I would assume these are all listed against my current 05 plate reg number?

Cheers.
2005 Golf GTI 3 Door - Tornado Red. (2010 - 2012)

2008 Golf GTI 3 Door - Candy White , 18" Monza II's , Leather , Armrest , Rear Park sensors. (current car)

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 54
Re: A few questions about private reg transfers...
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 07:46:53 pm »
Tell the insurance when the plate has transferred onto the new car, and yes tell VW etc etc

Offline dmac1969

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 07:50:34 pm »
Cheers for that , I thought that would be the case. PS does this count as my first mod? lol

2008 Golf GTI 3 Door - Candy White , 18" Monza II's , Leather , Armrest , Rear Park sensors. (current car)

Offline TANNER

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 06:06:19 pm »
Dependant on your insurer you may have to pay an admin fee for a new certificate to be issued. Admiral kindly took £17 off me when I put my private plate on! Expensive piece of paper that!

Double check with VW a few days after advising them too as in past experience they didnt save the plate to my records and it had referred to the original again. :stupid:

Offline dmac1969

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 04:24:05 pm »
Dependant on your insurer you may have to pay an admin fee for a new certificate to be issued. Admiral kindly took £17 off me when I put my private plate on! Expensive piece of paper that!

Double check with VW a few days after advising them too as in past experience they didnt save the plate to my records and it had referred to the original again. :stupid:

Yeah unfortunately Im just waiting for them to sting me for issuing a new certificate , they know every trick in the book to get more money off you!  :fighting: