Make a donation

Author Topic: traffic police  (Read 1999 times)

Offline patrickcullen87

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
traffic police
« on: July 03, 2011, 11:10:28 am »
well on my way home last night at about 1am, driving through a small town about 2 minutes from my house and notice 2 shiny objects in the distance so i checked my speed and i was doin roughly 30-33mph, the closer i got the shiny objects i realise it is 2 traffic cops with the speed gun standing at the side of the road behind a post box. so as im driving towards them am thinking thats a sneaky wee place to catch people speeding, they will catch a fair amount there as its a long straight road. then next thing i know the police stand in the middle of the road and wave me in! so im thinking ok it must be to a random check. the officer signals me to mount the pavement and to come off the road, so i slowly mounted the pavement with care not to scrape my wheels, and as i am trying to straighten the car up so im not sticking the back end out the police officer wouldnt move from the front of my car so i drove really slow thinking that the officer would step back....but no he didnt move so i stopped (with the back end of the car hanging out onto the road!!) the officer angrily comes to my window and tells me to take the keys out my ignition and step out of the car. he firstly accuses me of almost knocking him down, to which i tried to explain i was tryin to park but he wouldnt let me explain. he also accused me of driving erraticly by mounted the pavement (even though he waved me onto it) so i got in the back of the car and i got accused of speeding, driving erraticly and almost knocking the officer down!! after getting a telling off in the back of the car the officer let me away with a warning!! didnt even get breathlised or take any details from me, wierd!
Admin Notice Sig Removed - Signature images should be no bigger than 450 pixels wide x 150 pixels high

Offline Weston

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 32
Re: traffic police
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 11:15:32 am »
Did you get a badge number, car reg or name? Seems a bit unprofessional. 33 on the speedo would be 30-31 so you weren't speeding.
GTI going...

Offline patrickcullen87

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 11:22:10 am »
Did you get a badge number, car reg or name? Seems a bit unprofessional. 33 on the speedo would be 30-31 so you weren't speeding.
nope never got anything, the car was a silver vauxhall astra 5dr buts thats all i got, wasnt paying attention to anything else. i was more enraged that i was getting accused of all sorts. most traffic cops i have came across have been decent guys/girls but these 2 last night were absolute d**ks (excuse my language)
Admin Notice Sig Removed - Signature images should be no bigger than 450 pixels wide x 150 pixels high

Offline Weston

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 11:26:11 am »
It's not right but at least the end result is that nothing happened.
GTI going...

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 11:37:44 am »
It's not right but at least the end result is that nothing happened.

Apart from another member if the public having negative feelings towards the police. Well done that officer :congrats:

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 01:50:45 pm »
Sounds like he was just annoyed that he couldn't get you for anything! Lol.   :popcornsoda:

I love the traffic police I think they are a great bunch of otherwise misunderstood caring and level headed individuals, in strathclyde they have no God complex at all, no sir! They often spend their invaluable time informing motorists of the rules and obligations whilst not in any way being over officious or enforcing points on licences and imposing fines judiciously. I'm also  sure that they are not on individual volume based targets to measure or manage their performance. I'm so glad that each and every time I leave the house on my daily commute that I can wittness this public service in action, our traffic bobbies those around my area do a sterling job in upholding and assuring road safety, so much so that I doubt there's a burglar in the vicinity who gets caught whilst these efficient public servants educate the commuting public in the finer points of box junction ettiqette, doing 34mph in a 30, driving with fogs on in day light, parking within a reasonable distance of a junction thusly obstructing emerging traffic, and my personal favourite having the audacity to be parked at the side of the road whilst using a mobile phone....with the engine still running.

Well done guys   :happy2: keep up the good work  :notworthy:

Offline 56OctyVRS

• Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 72
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 02:14:26 pm »
I agree that it is not professional to act in the manner which they have towards you.  But disagree with the last post.  If you are breaking the law then expect to be warned about it.  Driving with fog lights on unless it is foggy etc is breaking the law...so why do it and then moan when you get stopped!  The Police is like any other organisation there are good ones and bad ones.  There are some people who who hate the Police totally, though there is usually a reason for that and it doesnt take a genius to work that one out.
Usually the Police leave there cars running so the battery does not run flat as most carry massive on board computers and emergency equipment which takes a lot of power to operate.  At least the officer was not driving whilst on the phone and thats more than can be said about other people on our roads!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 03:33:11 pm by 56OctyVRS »
Frozen White Ford Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium.
Mods so far - Superchips Bluefin, High Flow Air Box

Offline Frenzy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 02:29:44 pm »
Sounds like he was bored and trying to make his job a bit more interesting. The main thing is that you didn't react and therefore the outcome was favourable. You just have to chalk it up to being just one of those things, not all police are like that but they are all human.  :smiley:

Offline Betty02

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 11
    • iBett
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 05:51:16 pm »
It's hard to win any case as proof.

I once got my car taken of me, in fact this time last year for beeping my horn!

After 9 months of complaints etc I finally got the section 59 dropped but not my £150 recovery fee. It wasn't worth all the hassle but my solicitor said the more they complaints they get the more they can prove the dicks from the nice ones!

When I got pulled up there was 2 x Traffic BMW's, 1 x Panda, 1 x BMW Bike, and a van! Talked about a waste of resources for the sounding of a horn in a so call restricted area, main road at 4PM!
ADMIN NOTICE: Please do not use the site for advertising!

Offline Weston

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2011, 06:02:18 pm »
It's hard to win any case as proof.

I once got my car taken of me, in fact this time last year for beeping my horn!

After 9 months of complaints etc I finally got the section 59 dropped but not my £150 recovery fee. It wasn't worth all the hassle but my solicitor said the more they complaints they get the more they can prove the dicks from the nice ones!

When I got pulled up there was 2 x Traffic BMW's, 1 x Panda, 1 x BMW Bike, and a van! Talked about a waste of resources for the sounding of a horn in a so call restricted area, main road at 4PM!

They should've locked you up and thrown away the key. Shame on you  :signLOL:
GTI going...