Make a donation

Author Topic: 06H905601A Spark plug problem  (Read 1710 times)

Offline 56OctyVRS

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 72
06H905601A Spark plug problem
« on: July 05, 2011, 12:26:54 pm »
Has anyone else had problems with these spark plugs?  I ask because I purchased a set two months ago and recently had problems with WOT. They have only covered about 2-3000miles and would misfire under WOT and generally run rough, but on part throttle it was fine.  I knew it wasnt the coil packs as I had them replaced under the recall in April. I refitted my old Bosch spark plugs and took the car for a spin, works perfect!  I am taking the new plugs back to the garage for an exchange but was wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

Cheers Matt
Frozen White Ford Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium.
Mods so far - Superchips Bluefin, High Flow Air Box

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
Re: 06H905601A Spark plug problem
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 01:07:03 pm »
Not heard of any issues with this plug, but just for clarity this plug is an NGK PFR7S8EG. :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline 56OctyVRS

• Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 72
Re: 06H905601A Spark plug problem
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 02:44:23 pm »
Just been to TPS and they say because its a plug and electrical it wil need to a diagnostic report to prove its faulty. I said I would refit the plugs in front of them and go on a test drive to prove it.  But he said they need a diagnostic report done by a Skoda garage and that Skoda would change the parts.  I am a little sceptical that a Skoda garage would change OE parts not bought from them.  I will phone Skoda and find out what their stance is?
Frozen White Ford Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium.
Mods so far - Superchips Bluefin, High Flow Air Box