Make a donation

Author Topic: What are you using with VCDS.  (Read 3143 times)

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 14
What are you using with VCDS.
« on: July 05, 2011, 10:12:59 pm »
I've been using my old Sony Vaio (on its last legs now) for a while now and when I complete a mod that needs coding i find it too cumbersome and I think its time for a new laptop or maybe a netbook.

Any suggestions and comments welocomed.

BTW the Vaio is an 15"4 monitor.
Golf V 5DR DSG GT Sport,,Xenons,Full leather,18'Charlestons,Lux pack,storage pack,folding mirrors,front armrest, retrofited--mk5 gti  grilles,fog lamps grilles,GTi rear bumper,coloured coded sideskirts, VIM RNS-510 C,MK6 MFSW with paddles,GTi DSG gear lever,Cruise control,Highline.Rain sensor with window auto closure,TPMS.7P6 Bluetooth.

Mods to come: RVC, and.................

Nasir

Re: What are you using with VCDS.
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 10:19:30 pm »
Got an Acer Aspire one something or other. Only have that programme on it and it's nice and small to manoeuvre about in cars.

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 10:24:56 pm »
I use a dell netbook.  :smiley:
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline golfman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 33
  • If your not first your last!!!
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,69645.0.html
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 10:26:00 pm »
MacBook Pro :wink:

scott

Modded The Way I Like It!!!!!!
Vag-com Hex+Can in scotland
I Hate Timewasters...

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 10:34:52 pm »
Samsung NC10 netbook.

Easy to use, very portable, long battery life, and if you sit in the driver's seat, it fits on your lap without being obstructed by the steering wheel

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 10:48:26 pm »
I have an Aspire One but rarely use it, I have Win7 in a Parallels VM on my MBP.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 10:50:16 pm »
What screen sizes,had a peek in pc world the other day,10"1 was very small but seems ideal for the car.

Most of the netbooks I saw were with the Intel 450N,550N but only 1GB of memory are these more than capable with the Windows 7?
Golf V 5DR DSG GT Sport,,Xenons,Full leather,18'Charlestons,Lux pack,storage pack,folding mirrors,front armrest, retrofited--mk5 gti  grilles,fog lamps grilles,GTi rear bumper,coloured coded sideskirts, VIM RNS-510 C,MK6 MFSW with paddles,GTi DSG gear lever,Cruise control,Highline.Rain sensor with window auto closure,TPMS.7P6 Bluetooth.

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 10:52:32 pm »
I have an Aspire One but rarely use it, I have Win7 in a Parallels VM on my MBP.

What does the Win7 in a Parallels VM on my MBP mean vRStu for mere mortals like myself?

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011, 10:54:41 pm »
Parallells allows you to run another OS in your host OS in my case Win 7.  You could use pretty much any combination but I have Mac OSX as the host on my Macbook Pro.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2011, 10:55:40 pm »
Another Win 7 via Parallels on my MBP here :happy2:

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2011, 10:57:47 pm »
Thanks for the explanation vRStu.

The Macs are alot of dough but they must be good as more and peeps are using them I had no idea that they could run windows too.

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2011, 10:58:26 pm »
Another Win 7 via Parallels on my MBP here :happy2:

You too vRS Carl !

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=vfrc8eh4q0abtubc23b5ipo4hl&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2011, 10:58:54 pm »
Windows XP through parallels on my MBPro.

Dont use it much though... so might sell it soon!  :happy2:

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2011, 10:59:26 pm »
Yes they are expensive but there are big savings if you can gain access to the Student Discount.  Still gonna be £1k to get something decent though.
Stu...

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2011, 11:03:07 pm »
Yes they are expensive but there are big savings if you can gain access to the Student Discount.  Still gonna be £1k to get something decent though.

Tell me more about gaining student discount. :jumping: :jumping:

What spec your MacPro?