Make a donation

Author Topic: fixed at last  (Read 868 times)

Offline johnboy07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
fixed at last
« on: July 07, 2011, 07:59:07 pm »
sooo nice to have my car back but not so nice its after £1102.65. Ouch  :fighting:. new steering rack with new wiring and drives perfectly now. I will try and put some pics up of a few changes ive made to my car including a diy job on the front lower grilles. cut the holes and resprayed them and they look quite good. AP has seen them and said they look good and oem and cost me nothing as already had the paint.  :smiley:
Stage 2+ 280.4 bhp ITG, Revo Stage 2+, decat, hpfp, THS intercooler, THS engine mounts, Pcv revamp, sportline springs, rs4 fuel valve, DS2500 pads and brembo discs, braided lines, ATE super blue brake fluid and more to come

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
Re: fixed at last
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 08:03:45 pm »

What problems / symptoms were you suffering before the new rack mate?

Glad your back on the road  :happy2:

Offline johnboy07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
Re: fixed at last
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 08:13:29 pm »
well on full lock before i changed my anti roll bar bushes i would get a grinding noise and vibrations and then after installing my anti roll bar bushes i think i knocked the torque sensor and then the power steering failed completely and causethe steering light to come on red and three beeps every time the ignition was turned on. so kind of self inflicted but it was if any a tiny little knock that caused it to go. poorly designed and very weak component hence why in 2006 vw revised the rack to stop this happening.
Stage 2+ 280.4 bhp ITG, Revo Stage 2+, decat, hpfp, THS intercooler, THS engine mounts, Pcv revamp, sportline springs, rs4 fuel valve, DS2500 pads and brembo discs, braided lines, ATE super blue brake fluid and more to come