Make a donation

Author Topic: What mod!!!!  (Read 5323 times)

Offline liver

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 15
Re: What mod!!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2011, 03:19:10 pm »
search greeners, he ahd his car wrapped matt black, look mint

Offline liver

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2011, 03:19:53 pm »
darren, i have a 55 plate, 06 model, no steering wheel buttons, i have a stalk but no wire, will i need the wire and will it just need coding once its been installed?

Offline mpbrit

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
  • 2006 Diamond Black Pearl with 18 inch Monza 2's
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2011, 01:51:20 am »
I have an 06 gti and retrofitted CC. Stalk cost me £30 and eddie-nl had already setup the coding. Being fitted this week by Eddie so I will let you know. £100 +VAT is way over the odds!!!

Offline GLIDN

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2011, 03:56:26 am »
If you retrofit the Standard GTI wheel with Paddles and MFSW, I can't see how they would have an issue with warranty?
They may not have done the job. But in all honesty, they would not even know these had been added in. Unless they decode the VIN.

Or at least that is how I'm playing it over in New Zealand with mine.

Offline vRStu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2011, 08:17:14 am »
I have an 06 gti and retrofitted CC. Stalk cost me £30 and eddie-nl had already setup the coding. Being fitted this week by Eddie so I will let you know. £100 +VAT is way over the odds!!!

How can you say £100 + VAT is over the odds??  He's been quoted by VW for a new part to be fitted in their workshops.  You've got a stalk at less than cost price so probably used and are having it fitted as a favour.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline jamma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2011, 11:07:32 am »

How can you say £100 + VAT is over the odds??  He's been quoted by VW for a new part to be fitted in their workshops.  You've got a stalk at less than cost price so probably used and are having it fitted as a favour.

VW want 230 quid. 100 plus VAT is an Indy

Offline mpbrit

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
  • 2006 Diamond Black Pearl with 18 inch Monza 2's
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2011, 11:52:41 am »

Wow, thats worse, vRSTU I can easily say that as you can pick up quality used stalks for a snap and fitting coding isnt expensive. eddie-nl isnt doing it as a favour I am paying him as he runs a business as a side line!!
Jamma, I would look around for someone local to code and give you the correct part number if your controller can handle it.

Offline jamma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2011, 12:23:02 pm »

Wow, thats worse, vRSTU I can easily say that as you can pick up quality used stalks for a snap and fitting coding isnt expensive. eddie-nl isnt doing it as a favour I am paying him as he runs a business as a side line!!
Jamma, I would look around for someone local to code and give you the correct part number if your controller can handle it.

I was offered the stalk for 50 quid and I know someone with a VAG but they said as my car was a 2005 it will be tricky to do so have no one to help. May just leave it , its seems like a lot of hassle to me.

Offline vRStu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2011, 09:20:05 pm »
£50 is just under retail for a new part, so not worth buying used IMHO.

The only slight issue with 2005 cars is the wire to the bulkhead from the steering controller, which if you think you'll need you should buy the retrofit kit rather than just a stalk.  I still think £100 +VAT is a good price.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline GLIDN

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2011, 09:30:05 am »
£50 is just under retail for a new part, so not worth buying used IMHO.

The only slight issue with 2005 cars is the wire to the bulkhead from the steering controller, which if you think you'll need you should buy the retrofit kit rather than just a stalk.  I still think £100 +VAT is a good price.

I would stronger suggest at taking the advice giving by vRStu. He knows what he is on about.

As for the used stalk, I would no go down that road. the 2005-2207 stalks had many issues and failing all the time too. Requiring replacement. (from VW in New Zealand)
so if you installed a used part and it fails only a few weeks, you will have to pull everything apart just to install everything again. Way to much effort for saving £60-ish.

I forgot to say, I only run APR rear sway bar. the car is far nicer to drive and handles soooo much better.