Make a donation

Author Topic: Johnboys money pit  (Read 3556 times)

Offline johnboy07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
Johnboys money pit
« on: July 08, 2011, 06:50:12 pm »
Finally thought i should pull my finger out and put some pics up. Took some today but its been a while since i detailed my car so not looking its best but shows my mods completed in the last 8 months.

This was the only pic i could find from last time it was given a proper once over

This was my latest money saving idea of cutting the honeycombe out of my lower grilles. looks ok but i may rub back agen and spray one last time

Stage 2+ 280.4 bhp ITG, Revo Stage 2+, decat, hpfp, THS intercooler, THS engine mounts, Pcv revamp, sportline springs, rs4 fuel valve, DS2500 pads and brembo discs, braided lines, ATE super blue brake fluid and more to come

Offline E30Dom

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
Re: Johnboys money pit
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 04:12:27 pm »
Very schweet ride! And sounds awesome too!!

Looking to the K04 conversion ;)

Rack sorted yet?

Dom
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline baldwined30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 04:59:28 pm »
Gotta love 3 dr Black GTI! how do you find the ITG for noise! That steering wheel could poss do with a re trim!

Nice looking car mate!
Ed30

Offline johnboy07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 05:08:17 pm »
The steering wheels actually not that bad just neglected the interior for a while  :signLOL: will give it the gliptone treatment soon. Yeh the racks all sorted now dom. cost me £1102.65 to get it changed. was not happy so its put my ko4 conversion back a litle but not that much lol. Going to sort the dv relocation first and then sorce a good low mileage turbo  :smiley: :jumpmove:
Stage 2+ 280.4 bhp ITG, Revo Stage 2+, decat, hpfp, THS intercooler, THS engine mounts, Pcv revamp, sportline springs, rs4 fuel valve, DS2500 pads and brembo discs, braided lines, ATE super blue brake fluid and more to come

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 05:44:31 pm »
Jeeezus! How much!?! Couldn't you have found a second hand one? I suppose you don;t run that risk of it happening again and it's warranteed...

Dom
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline johnboy07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 06:26:40 pm »
well i could have got a second hand one for around 200 and then the new loom as its different on newer models was another 100 plus fitting of £300 so was going to be £600. I have an AA waranty that covers me for the first 500 of and problems up to 5 times a year and this will only be paid if i use new genuine parts so cost the same but got new bits plus a 2yr parts and labour waranty so its bad but could of been worse without that help. Might be taking it back though as on full lock right i get a funny noise so want to get it checked out.

Oh and about the ITG sound i absolutely love it. i have posted a vid up somewhere of the sound. Problem is i love it that much that it makes me want to drive a little more enthusiastically than i should.  :signLOL:

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 07:18:35 pm »
What was up with the rack?

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2011, 08:46:14 pm »
I've prob got the vid of it on the RR if you want it posted?
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline johnboy07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 10:08:06 am »
yeh mate if you have a video that would be cool if you could post it up.

What was up with the rack?

While working on my carr changing the arb bushes i ever so slightly knocked my torque sensor when i dropped down the subframe and the sensor on my year was very poorly designed and was a weak point. Anyways sensor went, power steering stopped working completely and the only fix is a new rack :sad1:

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2011, 10:27:02 am »
Is it a 2006? I've got the rattly steering rack noise, but I don't think I'd pay over £1k to have a new rack put in.

Offline johnboy07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2011, 08:01:40 pm »
mines a 55plate and manufactured in 06 so yes it is> i wouldnt bother either  :signLOL: But that was something i had also heard about on 05 and 06 modelshaving a noisey rack. may be worth talking to the stealers and seing if they are will to have a look and possibly sort it. The only reason i say this is a few people a while back had theirs changed by vw. Vw are aware of your problem but never recalled on them properly. One of those times if you kick up enough fuss they may do something.  :happy2:

Offline baldwined30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2011, 08:05:11 pm »
John boy, id love to the dealers face when you walk in there and say my steering is playing up then you drop in Stage 2+ 280.4 bhp ITG, revo, decat, hpfp, THS intercooler, ths engine mounts, Pcv revamp, sportline springs and more to come, oh can i have my rack sorted for free!!

Yes of course sir and heres a golf R while we fix yours!!  :signLOL: :happy2:
Ed30

Offline johnboy07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2011, 04:52:06 pm »
lol funnily enough the dealers near me love my car and the mods i have done. They changed all my coil packs and i asked about my car being modified and he said its down to the individual garage whether they will change parts or not but he told me to always see him and will get it put through. You are very right though most garages would laugh if i asked so i will just make full use of my AA waranty instead.  :happy2:

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2011, 12:16:03 pm »
Good luck tomorrow buddy
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline johnboy07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2011, 04:08:03 pm »
thanks mate. Will update tomorow if they find the cause :happy2: