Make a donation

Author Topic: New Edition30 owner  (Read 3283 times)

Offline Gladiator

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 4
  • Edition 30 No.1059 - GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
    • Email
Re: New Edition30 owner
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2011, 10:22:07 am »
Welcome from another ED30 owner  :smiley:

They truly are great cars and still loving mine after the last 12 months.

Presume you're local to the Watford area then, did you trade your Bora in for the ED30 at Citygate Watford?  Bought mine from Citygate Chalfont but get her serviced at Watford.  I've had a few issues with service at the Watford branch but after complaining they did put things right, be interested on your findings.

Enjoy the new ride  :happy2:

GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN - Edition30 No. 1059
Currently loving - SEAT Leon FR184 - sunroof, tech pack, 18" performance alloys, convenience and sound pack

Offline Mindyloula

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2011, 09:46:57 am »
Welcome from another ED30 owner  :smiley:

They truly are great cars and still loving mine after the last 12 months.

Presume you're local to the Watford area then, did you trade your Bora in for the ED30 at Citygate Watford?  Bought mine from Citygate Chalfont but get her serviced at Watford.  I've had a few issues with service at the Watford branch but after complaining they did put things right, be interested on your findings.

Enjoy the new ride  :happy2:

We're about 40 mins from Watford, so not too far, but wouldn't be in any hurry to take it back there for servicing/MOT etc.

In terms of our experience with the branch, it hasn't been great...

First of all, despite sending a CHAPS payment on the Monday (which clears into their account the same day) before we were due to collect the car, by the Saturday they were saying they had no confirmation of the payment and were potentially not going to let us take the car. Turns out their accounts department were looking for a different figure to what we had sent (by £100) and even though our payment had the reg of the vehicle and our name that apparently still wasn't enough of a clue that we had paid for the car :confused: We were eventually allowed to take the car after I had to provide a print out of my bank account transactions showing the money leaving my account and then phone calls directly with their bank to confirm the money had arrived 5 days earlier!!  :fighting:

Secondly, the next day we noticed that the rear passenger door skin was loose, as was the gaitor for the gear stick. Cue phone calls back to Watford to get it sorted and we took it back this weekend to be taken care of. Seems like some screws were not tightened properly or something like that.. Not big issues, but expected much better from VW particularly with the number of checks they supposedly perform on the vehicle.. as Horatio put in his first post, it would appear that none of those checks include making sure the doors are properly secured!

We have a few other VW dealerships closer to where we live where we have had much better service so we will take the car to one of them for all future work  :sad1:

2006 R32 : DSG : 5DR : Black Magic

Offline Gladiator

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2011, 09:58:57 am »
Sorry your buying experience was great Mindyloula, hopefully now the teething problems out the way you can truly enjoy the car  :smiley:

My buying experience from the Chalfont branch was top notch and the salesman who I bugged for nearly 6 months for the right car was always keen to help and followed up with excellent customer service before and after the sale.

The Watford Citygate branch however have failed on a number of servicing points e.g missed my brake fluid change at last service (rectified by doing it free of charge when I noticed some weeks later) and also failed to advise me of the DSG service at 40k, which had I not read a thread on here to nudge me into checking my service book probably would have still not been done, very shoddy as they had my car at 39k for service and again at 41k for the missed brake fluid change and neither times was this mentioned, luckily DSG service done at 41.5k so should be no problems there.

The service staff however have been very helpful and my cars in again today to sort out a problem with the + paddle not picking up gear changes intermittently, let's see how they handle this especially as I purchased the Citygate extended warranty recently for £349 and was told it's far superior than the VW one!

Nonetheless, still an awesome car that I love and can't see me changing for a long time   :smiley:

Currently loving - SEAT Leon FR184 - sunroof, tech pack, 18" performance alloys, convenience and sound pack

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=mqd6pt3dvk584ui78jpmhc1lep&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2011, 10:03:56 am »
Watford VW are utter turd.... avoid!

Offline Gladiator

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2011, 11:07:02 am »
Watford VW are utter turd.... avoid!
:signLOL: straight to the point, like it.

This is their last chance today to get my DSG issue sorted smoothly, otherwise it's a sh*tty complaint letter and will take my business elsewhere....they've had more than enough out of my wallet over the last year  :mad: