Make a donation

Author Topic: My Golf Gti - To coilover or not to coilover? that is the question  (Read 16309 times)

Offline baldwined30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
Re: My Golf Gti - 267bhp 331lbft :)
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2011, 09:27:01 am »
Had a nother look and its 363lb, but I have got full bolt ons!!
Ed30

Offline DJM

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2011, 09:41:52 am »
Don't know mate. Im not a big figures guy, all about how it gets it on the tarmac and goes. Im happy with how mine goes, seems to pull well all the way through the revs.  :driver:

Keano, cant find the bulbs in my EBAY account as over 60 days, unsure if another way to check. Ive done a search cant find them. Were listed as 5000k bulbs H7. They come with like a resister thing on them. I just took that off and put the bulbs into the standard bulb holders and seem to work fine and nice and bright.

Offline DJM

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2011, 10:03:52 am »
Just checked feedback history, seems the company selling them are no longer on eBay  :confused:

"H7 HEADLIGHT BULBS 100W 2300LM EVO ALFAS ULTRA WHITE "

That was the description

Offline keano

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 79
  • -Receive: 35
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2011, 11:06:58 am »
Cheers dude. Just had a look but to no avail.  :sad1:

:happy2:

Offline DJM

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2011, 05:29:00 pm »
Yeah i searched earlier can only find them on USA amazon and few other american sites. $30 on there so about right with me paying £12.95 on ebay.

Offline Grande_GTi

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2011, 12:03:03 pm »
Those seats look so pukka  :happy2:

instgram @ricky_grande

check out @lowlife_official

MK5 GTi OEM+

Offline Black9

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2011, 02:33:26 pm »
Nice golf, loving the tartan Recaro's! Choice option :happy2:

Offline DJM

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: My Golf Gti - To coilover or not? opinions please
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2012, 03:52:32 pm »
Not really done much over winter, gave the car a good clean and polish/wax last weekend.

Cars currently on H&R springs, debating at the moment after a nice pay review at work whether or not to get some coilovers and go lower. I want the arches just above the wheel really, still not quite happy with the gap. Just wondering what peoples opinions are if anyones gone from springs to coilovers? any regrets?

Gave inside a nice clean

Got to love snow foam

Purple rain and tardis to get rid of any unwanted

All nice and clean

Offline nathangallo

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Re: My Golf Gti - To coilover or not? opinions please
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2012, 06:19:19 pm »
Not really done much over winter, gave the car a good clean and polish/wax last weekend.

Cars currently on H&R springs, debating at the moment after a nice pay review at work whether or not to get some coilovers and go lower. I want the arches just above the wheel really, still not quite happy with the gap. Just wondering what peoples opinions are if anyones gone from springs to coilovers? any regrets?

I think they are the bulbs i have in mine.
I paid something like £10 for mine and they look the same were they give a blue tint.
For £12 i was really impressed.

Nice car also fella :congrats:
cant wait for my warranty to run out and wage to go up and ill be getting a map :evilgrin:  :signLOL:

also if you do go ahead with the coilies i might have a shout on the h&r's if the price is right  :grin: :wink:

Offline higher1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
Re: My Golf Gti - To coilover or not to coilover? that is the question
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2012, 07:53:40 pm »
love the seats mate !! ive just changed from eibach sportline springs to some H&R street performance ss coilovers or adjustable twintubes as there known in the uk

They run koni adjustable dampers front and rear with stainless steel fronts

i wanted a coilover that rode as comfy as possible while still giving better handling and a car that sits low these have blown me away they ride great go nice and low and the car handles a treat no banging or bouncing over dips in the road and not so hard you shake your teeth out

I will be writing a review very soon as ive covered some mileage on them now
Ah-exclusive custom ultra low H&R Coilovers 110mm, ITG induction kit, 18" super RS's, USA rear bumper, USA front grille with smooth number plate surround,recaro bucket seats. now sold !

mk1 golf 1.8 20v turbo

Offline DJM

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2012, 09:09:08 pm »
love the seats mate !! ive just changed from eibach sportline springs to some H&R street performance ss coilovers or adjustable twintubes as there known in the uk

i wanted a coilover that rode as comfy as possible while still giving better handling and a car that sits low these have blown me away they ride great go nice and low and the car handles a treat no banging or bouncing over dips in the road and not so hard you shake your teeth out

Cheers, any pics of your car lowered on them? How much they set you back if you dont mind me asking. I had weitec height and damper adjustable coilovers on my old ibiza and that was set up quite stiff as was set up for fast road/track but i feel you soon get used to it. It was only when I would drive a normal car that i realised how firm mine was lol.

Offline higher1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2012, 09:51:47 pm »

Cheers, any pics of your car lowered on them? How much they set you back if you dont mind me asking. I had weitec height and damper adjustable coilovers on my old ibiza and that was set up quite stiff as was set up for fast road/track but i feel you soon get used to it. It was only when I would drive a normal car that i realised how firm mine was lol.

Yes on my build thread - http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29743.60.html there around the £1000 mark but having had spax avo fk's gaz and koni before i knew its worth spend decent money for a good ride otherwise its pointless and ruins a fantastic gti
Ah-exclusive custom ultra low H&R Coilovers 110mm, ITG induction kit, 18" super RS's, USA rear bumper, USA front grille with smooth number plate surround,recaro bucket seats. now sold !

mk1 golf 1.8 20v turbo