Make a donation

Author Topic: Lean Fuel Issues after 4k rpm on Revo Stage 2+ Ed30  (Read 88773 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Lean Fuel Issues after 4k rpm on Revo Stage 2+ Ed30
« Reply #195 on: July 07, 2009, 10:27:11 pm »

I'm very glad indeed to read that your car is now running fine, Nadeem.

Hats off to JKM for sticking with it - Lots of people would have given up.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #196 on: July 07, 2009, 10:38:34 pm »
I agree 100% Robin.  JKM have been top notch and I cannot praise them enough.  They were honest and clear from the start and even took the trouble to write up everything they did and allowed it to be posted on the net for the whole world to see.  :grin:  While I know that there are other excellent tuners out there, I'll only use JKM as long as it is run by the same people as I trust them 100%.  

BTW, thanks for introducing them to me  :happy2:

Edit:  Of course, I'll be going to VWR too for tasty mods now and again... plus a free ride in their beast is too hard to turn down.  :evilgrin: :evilgrin:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 10:43:29 pm by illyun »

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #197 on: July 07, 2009, 10:41:52 pm »
well good luck with the APR software nadeem.

Thanks mate... The car is running 320bhp at the moment, which is a shame as I really wanted to get as close as possible to JonnyCs times (although lets face it, I don't think his times will be beaten for a long time to come) but this season is over for me as regards to seriously trying and getting good figures at Santa Pod.  I'm going to run the car for a couple of months and then see about putting the APR software on... Of course, Revo are welcome to try and win me round, but I doubt they're bothered about a single (angry) customer....   :fighting:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 10:44:37 pm by illyun »

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #198 on: July 08, 2009, 03:17:14 am »
Mate, it's crap you've had issues with Revo. JKM sound like they did all they could, which is far more than you could ask of any garage.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline revo carl

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #199 on: July 08, 2009, 09:30:19 am »
hang on a second....

I have tried as much as i can to help yourself and JKM find the fault with your car, there's only so much i can do over the phone...
the fact that your car was running exactly the same software as jonnyc's, steve p's, hurdy's, dom t's and many more! Would indicate that there's nothing wrong with the software and the tuning...... it would CLEARLEY indicate there's a fault with the hardware on the car.

the fact that it has taken someone a lot of time and effort to find the fault is not a reflection on REVO or a reflection on myself, I think everyone knows that our product works and works really well! I don't know what you wanted me to do, every time i have spoken to you or seen you i have given you all the time in the world as i do with all our customers.

I'm sorry you've had an issue with your car but simply pointing the finger that is proven to not be the issue isn't exactly fair now is it!

All the best in whatever you decide for the future of your car mate!

Carl

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #200 on: July 08, 2009, 11:18:13 am »
Thanks for the comment Karl... its a shame you guys weren't as quick to respond when help was needed... I have had 4 months of experience to reach this conclusion and did not post my comments lightly.  Anyway, its not only me who has come across the same customer relations problem with you as the R32 thread clearly shows.  I can't fault your enthusiasm when you want to sell your software and I certainly agree that you have always answered questions regarding the application of your software.  I also agree that you can only provide limited support over the phone, but it sort of proves the point as the issue should have been forwarded to someone who could actually answer the questions asked, assuming you do have engineers behind the scene.  

As for the car's you have mentioned, you are being a bit clever there because as far as I am aware, only JonnyC's car had Stage 2+ software when the issue was initially reported at the beginning of March and most of those guys have had Stage 2+ installed very recently.  Also, I thought Hurdy is running Custom Code software?! Besides, I don't think anyone of those cars have had their AFR values checked, although I hope for their sakes that there cars are running fine as I wouldn't wish my experience with the car on anyone else.  There were clear and very good reasons why questions were asked of Revo during the diagnostic process that I don't want to go into at length here.  All I am saying is that your muted and uncooperative response was in stark contrast to the enthusiastic sales pitch.

For the record, I would again like to explicitly make clear that the fault may NOT have been with the Revo Software but we will never know 100%.  Carl, you are also being a bit disingenious when you say that he fault was hardware based as the fault occurred AFTER applying the Revo Stage 2+ software!  By that logic, it could well have been the Revo Stage 2+ and its interaction with other mods or hardware on the car that could have caused the issue.  I fail to see how this could not be of benefit to you guys.  I even asked you in my initial phone call in March whether you had a test car and if that was running ok and you did not test it before release - hardly confidence inspiring.   Even then, it was only after exhaustive diagnostics that virtually ruled everything else out that you guys were asked to take a closer look again which you failed to do.  

Any early adopter of new technology understands that there are risks associated with using it and I had Stage 2+ installed (along with all the mods that I do) with the understanding that things indeed could go wrong.  I am prepared for that and accept it as part of the package when going down the modding route. However, what I also assumed was that Revo would be there to provide answers to questions and an APPROPRIATE level of support and reassurance should this be required post-installed and this was not the case.  Take a look at the JohnO problem thread when APR were there to help sort out any issues that occurred.

All said and done, I would not be writing all this if Revo had provided adequate answers to questions posed and shown WHY their software was not at fault instead of just stating it.  I kept of from writing anything that could possibly damage Revo's reputation until everything was done and dusted as I did not want to be hasty in what I wrote, but the consistent dismissal by Revo had to be brought to the attention of anyone who might want to go with you.  I can say with certainty, that at the moment, I don't trust Revo enough to even take my car down to Daventry, have them  apply the software as I know that I'll be left on my own if anything goes wrong.   All I can say is that my experience with Revo made me lose confidence in their ability to provide support if anything does go wrong and your reply doesn't inspire confidence either.  
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 11:30:24 am by illyun »

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #201 on: July 08, 2009, 11:19:49 am »

I'm sorry you've had an issue with your car but simply pointing the finger that is proven to not be the issue isn't exactly fair now is it!

Carl

Erm... and how did you reach that conclusion?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #202 on: July 08, 2009, 11:27:19 am »

I'm hoping that this subject can remain a calm discussion (even if views are strongly stated) and not develop into flaming which the Moderators are then obliged to shut down. That way, we can all benefit from learning where the issues are.

So far so good!

Let's wait and see what Keith's report has to say.

8)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 11:29:16 am by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #203 on: July 08, 2009, 11:35:42 am »

I'm hoping that this subject can remain a calm discussion (even if views are strongly stated) and not develop into flaming which the Moderators are then obliged to shut down. That way, we can all benefit from learning where the issues are.

So far so good!

Let's wait and see what Keith's report has to say.

8)

Hi Robin... I'm calm (breathes deeply  :grin:).  I hope I don't come across as rude or anything like that, but I simply had to state the facts as I saw them...  I think my post was ok but if there is anything anyone would like to point out then I'll certainly take a look and amend it if required  :happy2:  However, I do know what you mean and the discussion can degenerate into a slanging match which I have no intention in doing.  I've said what i had to and I will leave it at that  :innocent:

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #204 on: July 08, 2009, 11:38:20 am »
 :grouphug:

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #205 on: July 08, 2009, 11:40:44 am »
Look forward to reading the report from JKM..

As Carl says I have had stage 2+ on my car for a long time now with no issues.. And sofware is software..

Anyways, glad you have the car back mate, now you can enjoy it again!
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #206 on: July 08, 2009, 11:43:01 am »
BTW, I am now in possession of the 8 page report by JKM - they really went overboard to help out - and I'll see about putting it online.  To those of you who cannot trawl through 8 pages - I certainly haven't yet - I think that the conclusion is that the car is fixed, but is on Stage 2 Revo software.  The finger of suspicion is pointing towards the wrong type of fuel pressure sensor fitted at the time of build in Wolfsberg and VW have been handed reams of data by JKM and are investigating.  However, the cause is not know with 100% certainty, but it certainly looks the best candidate out of other possible causes.  

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #207 on: July 08, 2009, 11:45:19 am »
If your happy for the report to be fully public you can send it to me for hosting on the site  :happy2:

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #208 on: July 08, 2009, 11:48:55 am »
If your happy for the report to be fully public you can send it to me for hosting on the site  :happy2:

pm sent  :happy2:

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #209 on: July 08, 2009, 11:49:32 am »
Don't know if this is of any use - but I had a fuel pressure sensor replaced on recall a few weeks ago, again wrong one fitted.

I'll try finding the recall code.
Sideways yo!