Make a donation

Author Topic: Amy Winehouse found dead  (Read 12296 times)

h4rdy

Re: Amy Winehouse found dead
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2011, 03:16:07 pm »
She was 27 and unfortunately couldn't handle the 'pressure' of 'fame'.

I think she was extremely talented with one of the greatest female jazz voices I have heard.

On the face of it, it appears drugs/drink, one of the same? was the answer for her?

I was going to put anybody but I won't, who thinks she wasn't talented is hugely mistaken.

With the likes of girls aloud, Saturday's etc etc who can only pout and dance poorly to say she had no talent is delusional.

Have all the negative comments about her talent actually listened properly, sat down and actually listened to how good she was?

I am a music fan and to put her talent down because she was a 'junkie' is grossly misunderstood.

And lastly is getting completely hammered on a Friday/Saturday night and waking up with somebody who you don't know and clothes missing any different to being a junkie?

It's escapism as is track days, car modding, mountain biking(adrenalin junkie?), gaming etc etc.

She was trying to escape and I think a little compassion is necessary.

We are all trying to do the same.

And you never know a relation or old friend of hers may be on here.

Nor that one...  :surprised:

So doing a track day is now the same as sitting in a corner with a needle hanging out your arm and being near unconscious is it?!?!  :surprised: For a start, one's legal and the other isn't.. 

No but escapism is and that is my point.

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2011, 05:02:16 pm »

She was 27 and unfortunately couldn't handle the 'pressure' of 'fame'.

....Some can and some can't, irrespective of age or talent.

I think she was extremely talented with one of the greatest female jazz voices I have heard.

....Fair enough if her voice greatly appeals to you but I wouldn't go as far as saying the greatest.

On the face of it, it appears drugs/drink, one of the same? was the answer for her?

....An escape for her because she couldn't handle the fame? Or was it because she was a very weak character and was easily influenced? She possibly thought that getting wasted on drink/drugs was cool and essential to being a successful artist.

I was going to put anybody but I won't, who thinks she wasn't talented is hugely mistaken.

With the likes of girls aloud, Saturday's etc etc who can only pout and dance poorly to say she had no talent is delusional.

Have all the negative comments about her talent actually listened properly, sat down and actually listened to how good she was?

I am a music fan and to put her talent down because she was a 'junkie' is grossly misunderstood.

....I think she ran out of talent. She totally lost my respect when she started losing any respect for both her family and her fans.

And lastly is getting completely hammered on a Friday/Saturday night and waking up with somebody who you don't know and clothes missing any different to being a junkie?

It's escapism as is track days, car modding, mountain biking(adrenalin junkie?), gaming etc etc.

She was trying to escape and I think a little compassion is necessary.

We are all trying to do the same.

....According to your logic on this, every hobby/interest could be viewed as escapism. I for one, don't see any of my many interests as escapism but rather as the things which enrich my life.

And you never know a relation or old friend of hers may be on here.

....Does that mean that we should hide our honest opinions/views? Not me! If they are well balanced people they won't care.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 05:04:16 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2011, 05:47:21 pm »

Do you know the meaning of the word Junkie?

Lets not confuse binge drinking and getting lashed up at the weekend and having a one night stand the same as been addicted to smack and always needing a fix shall we :happy2:

h4rdy

« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2011, 06:18:22 pm »
I actually think that a lot of you would be surprised with how musicians/artists/actors maybe all one of the same? Would all be classed as 'junkies'.

I actually agree with some of the later comments and I was probably wrong to put our escapisms in the same light but I was just trying to put it into perspective how easy it can be to become obsessed, addicted to things.

My opinion is just that I thought it was a bit sad really, sad for her fans, friends and family who were unable to drag her back to reality.

Over and out.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2011, 07:08:56 pm »
just read this and it sums it up for me

Everyone Feeling Sorry For Amy Winehouse. Think About This. She Buys Some Heroin, Most Of The Heroin On The UK Streets Comes From Afghanista n, The Money From That Deal Goes To The Taliban, Which In Turn Pays For Bomb Parts And Bullets That Are Aimed For A Soldier. A Soldier Gets Killed And Leaves A Wife, Kids & Family Behind! Tell Me Now That You Feel Sorry For The Poor Girl That Had Everything !!

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2011, 07:14:36 pm »
That's ridiculous. We don't live in a world where everything is so black and white.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2011, 08:12:29 pm »
we all have opinions, and ive stated mine, as have you

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2011, 08:25:13 pm »
That's ridiculous. We don't live in a world where everything is so black and white.

Maybe not but in this instance it is pretty much that black & white!

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2011, 08:32:41 pm »

And yours is that drug addicts are directly responsible for soldiers losing their lives in Afghanistan? Right...

I really hope none of your children suffer from addiction because you'll have some serious learning to do, as will many who have posted here.

A lot of people have said they feel sorry for her Father, but how many people have actually considered what it must have been like for him?

There is a great quote from one of my favourite books, To Kill A Mockingbird:

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view . . . until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."

The same goes for drug addicts, and people who commit suicide.

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2011, 08:41:57 pm »

And yours is that drug addicts are directly responsible for soldiers losing their lives in Afghanistan? Right...

I can guarantee you that is true for those who are Heroin addicts. 97.4% of ALL Heroin in the UK is from Afghanistan. So yes they are directly responsible!

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2011, 08:44:06 pm »
further to that 97.4% of heroin is from Afghanistan, but 90% of that is produced in the Helmand Province which is where the british soldiers are operating

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2011, 11:11:27 pm »
My 'tupence...its sad. Ragardless of talent, self inflicted abuse etc etc its sad.

I guess we will never really understand why people take drugs unless we have been there ourselves. We will never understand ones cravings.
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2011, 12:04:20 am »

I guess we will never really understand why people take drugs unless we have been there ourselves. We will never understand ones cravings.

....Lots of reasons why people take drugs and I include alcohol as a drug.

Speaking as someone who has taken drugs on a daily basis but not for over 20 years, most folks take drugs recreationally, some as escapism, some addictive, some not addictive. I've experienced most drugs except heroin - I drew the line there although offered it a couple of times: We each have our own 'cravings' be it for chocolate, sex, or fast cars - We like to repeat what gives us pleasure. Peer group pressure, thinking it's cool, are other common influences.

Creatively, most drugs (not alcohol) warp our natural sense of time and so sensations appear to be extended - We think we are seeing/hearing more in what we're focussed on. However, some people are physically badly effected by drugs and it's dangerous for them.

Those of you who drink and enjoy getting 'bladdered', ask yourselves why. Then just substitute another drug for alcohol. The only difference is that some drugs are more physically addictive, though alcohol can be extremely addictive too. Much depends on you as an individual.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 12:12:05 am by RedRobin »

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2011, 12:17:31 am »
when you grow up you are taught the dangers of drugs. If you choose to ignore that well informed knowledge that drugs are addictive and can kill you well then thats the choice you make.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2011, 12:23:49 am »

I can guarantee you that is true for those who are Heroin addicts. 97.4% of ALL Heroin in the UK is from Afghanistan. So yes they are directly responsible!

....Whether they are right or wrong, the Afghans/Taliban have an entirely valid point of view. From where they are sitting, the Western armed forces are intruders on their soil and they are defending their ways by any means they can, fair or foul and such is warfare. You don't need me to tell you that theirs is an entirely different culture. Personally I think the West is wrong to impose its own culture on them.

The Afghans are only responsible for taking advantage of the illegal trade in what becomes heroin, they are not responsible for those who of their own accord take the drugs nor for those who become addicted.