Make a donation

Author Topic: Amy Winehouse found dead  (Read 12298 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Amy Winehouse found dead
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2011, 12:24:31 am »

when you grow up you are taught the dangers of drugs. If you choose to ignore that well informed knowledge that drugs are addictive and can kill you well then thats the choice you make.

....Exactly!

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=7cgrdjab58ul5rt7ifelrggejr&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2011, 12:30:27 am »
when you grow up you are taught the dangers of drugs. If you choose to ignore that well informed knowledge that drugs are addictive and can kill you well then thats the choice you make.

True... if only it were that simple.

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2011, 12:38:46 am »

True... if only it were that simple.

Other than there being other influences being involved, such as drugs being forced onto someone, it really is.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=7cgrdjab58ul5rt7ifelrggejr&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2011, 12:44:04 am »
Driving a car at 1XXmph down the motorway or around a corner as fast as you can can kill you, we know that, yet we have all done it.

Its an informed decision.

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2011, 12:49:47 am »
Driving a car at 1XXmph down the motorway or around a corner as fast as you can can kill you, we know that, yet we have all done it.

walking outside along the pavement can kill you too, as can driving at 20mph

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2011, 12:51:22 am »

walking outside along the pavement can kill you too, as can driving at 20mph

Exactly... we all take calculated risks day to day. Taking drugs/smoking/drinking are the same.

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2011, 06:18:48 am »
we all have opinions, and ive stated mine, as have you

And yours is that drug addicts are directly responsible for soldiers losing their lives in Afghanistan? Right...

I can guarantee you that is true for those who are Heroin addicts. 97.4% of ALL Heroin in the UK is from Afghanistan. So yes they are directly responsible!

....Whether they are right or wrong, the Afghans/Taliban have an entirely valid point of view. From where they are sitting, the Western armed forces are intruders on their soil and they are defending their ways by any means they can, fair or foul and such is warfare. You don't need me to tell you that theirs is an entirely different culture. Personally I think the West is wrong to impose its own culture on them.

The Afghans are only responsible for taking advantage of the illegal trade in what becomes heroin, they are not responsible for those who of their own accord take the drugs nor for those who become addicted.

That's a whole new debate and going way off topic so i won't dwell on it. But I would suggest Robin that you are wrong and have no idea what "the West" is trying to impose. For a brief summary we are removing an oppressive regime that used brutal tactics to control its population. Such as throwing acid on girls who attended schools, chopped off the hands of those who had the Internet and harbors international terrorists and trained them to commit attacks around the world. Remember 9/11 took place before anyone had set foot in Afghanistan as did countless other attacks!

The point I was making is that if a drug addict in the UK buys some heroin. That money works it's way back to the Taliban who then use it to fund the purchase of explosives, weapons and ammunition (as well as other things). So they are directly linked to the deaths of UK service personnel in Afghanistan.

Yes it is an informed decision that they choose to make. Just as its an informed decision a serial killer, rapist or paedophile makes before committing their crimes. Doesn't mean I should feel sorry for them or have one iota of pity if they die.

The ones i do have Pity for are those that are forced to become drug addicts through pimps/coercion/torture etc. Amy Winehouse had none of that. She had everything at her disposal to beat drink & drugs but chose to carry on taking them.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 06:31:55 am by vRS Carl »

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2011, 09:01:45 am »
^^^ I still agree with Carl!
Golf R gone.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2011, 09:03:18 am »
^^^ I still agree with Carl!

+1

Thoughts with the family of course

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2011, 09:04:23 am »
Do you think drug addicts should be treated like criminals?

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2011, 09:20:54 am »
Do you think drug addicts should be treated like criminals?

Not particularly! It again depends on their individual circumstances.

The drug pushers and dealers however should be treated as the worst type of criminal.
Golf R gone.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2011, 09:28:18 am »
Interestingly is costs the tax payer far less to rehabilitate a drug addict than it does to send them to jail. It's also far more effective, with a large percentage of drug abusers who leave prison simply picking up where they left off.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2011, 10:14:10 am »

The Afghans are only responsible for taking advantage of the illegal trade in what becomes heroin, they are not responsible for those who of their own accord take the drugs nor for those who become addicted.

The ones i do have Pity for are those that are forced to become drug addicts through pimps/coercion/torture etc. Amy Winehouse had none of that. She had everything at her disposal to beat drink & drugs but chose to carry on taking them.

....I think we are in agreement about Amy Winehouse, Carl  :happy2:

Unfortunately, removing a source of drugs doesn't stop those who have addiction problems in their character and/or as a result of their circumstances.

As you say, the subject of foreign forces in Afghan is a totally different discussion. It's important to understand other people's point of view even if they seem barbaric. The subject is not black and white.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 10:16:38 am by RedRobin »

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2011, 09:09:18 pm »
Heads-up for those interested: Ch5 TV tonight 10:00pm all about Amy W. Prog not advertised.

I'm not a fan but I think I'll watch it just to balance my views about her.

h4rdy

« Reply #89 on: August 04, 2011, 10:14:58 pm »
Watching now mate.